Both Series Can Go Stick It!!

:mad:

You should go to CCF and tell them too.

OWFan19
13th February 2008, 02:18
Man I Love Champ Car, But Enough Is Enough I'm Done
Both Series Can Go Stick It!!

:mad:

Why? Did IRL offer them something that they shouldnt have?

Dr. Krogshöj
13th February 2008, 08:42
Agreed. I don't care about the whole mess that is AOWR anymore. I will turn my attention to professional series like F1 and NASCAR where I'll be treated as a fan and a custumer and I don't have to worry about anything just enjoy the product.

Mark
13th February 2008, 09:12
Most people did that years ago, unfortunately.

-Helix-
13th February 2008, 10:06
Agreed. I don't care about the whole mess that is AOWR anymore. I will turn my attention to professional series like F1 and NASCAR where I'll be treated as a fan and a custumer and I don't have to worry about anything just enjoy the product.

You're about a decade late for that.

AOWR shows signs of getting it's act together and possibly going back to it's former glory and people bail? Atleast the old fans should be coming back now that theres going to be one major series with all the best teams and races. So you won't be missed.

I guess if you want to watch NASCAR and those parades known as F1 races thats your problem.

MAX_THRUST
13th February 2008, 10:14
I know how ya feel!!! This is all a pile of steaming dung,,,,,,,,

However, things will be better with one series even if it is the IRL. Just hope its not on SKy TV.

Give it time, if these guys raced shopping carts I'd still be watching, because it would be close and watching the IRL guys race CCWS guys.
We've been saying for years the ****wagons are easy to drive, the first few races will prove if we were right or wrong wont it.

Enjoy the show. I will if I can..........

BobGarage
13th February 2008, 10:36
Just hope its not on SKy TV.

well considering the irl just signed a 3 year extension with Sky, and that it looks like CCWS could fold into the IRl.... then it will be on Sky.

V12
13th February 2008, 11:06
Sky > Eurosport.

At least Sky have an informed panel and don't mess around with their scheduling to accomodate an over-run of the World Tiddlywinks Championships or something.

Unless Eurosport have improved in the last few years? People remember the 1990s as a great era for IndyCar/CART, but the television coverage for those of us in the UK was....well the polite way to put it would be inconsistent.

MarcoCheever
13th February 2008, 11:12
here's something I learned long ago that changed my life

in your life if you don't like something change it,
if you can't change it change your attitude.

I look forward to a great Month of May !!

DavePI2
13th February 2008, 11:24
If nascar ran real races maybe I would pay some attention to it also, but as long as they continue to run races that are predetermined forget them also. I've wasted my last dime watching races determined by bogus yellow flags.

David

MAX_THRUST
13th February 2008, 11:34
Unfortunately Bob I am living on Welsh wages........that means I have no money for Sky after food and petrol.

However will be going back to London to work soon enough, so I will have SKY then and as they have full NASCAR coverage this year they might be worth getting it.........

jwhite9185
13th February 2008, 12:19
As long as they put Jeremy Shaw and Hinch in the commentry box over the IRL international commentators, i dont care what channel its on.

nanders
13th February 2008, 13:28

I guess that about says it all, right? Will we be hearing from you any more?

Anubis
13th February 2008, 13:58
Sky > Eurosport.

At least Sky have an informed panel and don't mess around with their scheduling to accomodate an over-run of the World Tiddlywinks Championships or something.

Unless Eurosport have improved in the last few years? People remember the 1990s as a great era for IndyCar/CART, but the television coverage for those of us in the UK was....well the polite way to put it would be inconsistent.

Ah yes, Eurosport and their Gallic attitude to scheduling. Happy days. I can even recall Martin Haven slagging off the scheduling during one live race. Memories of setting the video to record an allegedly live race, only to find two hours of pre-recorded tennis. Those were the days.

Blancvino
13th February 2008, 14:03
You're about a decade late for that.

Atleast the old fans should be coming back now that theres going to be one major series with all the best teams and races.

I have a malted beverage of you choice wager this is not going to happen.

13th February 2008, 14:43

Ah yes, Eurosport and their Gallic attitude to scheduling. Happy days. I can even recall Martin Haven slagging off the scheduling during one live race. Memories of setting the video to record an allegedly live race, only to find two hours of pre-recorded tennis. Those were the days.

I looked up the Eurosport Teletext service yesterday.

The ChampCar/IRL merger story was on it.....on the 'CART' news page.

-Helix-
13th February 2008, 20:24
I have a malted beverage of you choice wager this is not going to happen.

I post on a lot of other sports message boards as well. And what is the only topic about open wheel racing to ever be posted in the 5 or so years I've been a member of said boards about? The merger.

People are excited about it. People want a REAL AOW series again. It's finally happening and people will not hesitate for a second to ditch that joke of a redneck series known as NASCAR now that they'll finally have a choice in racing series to follow.

CART may have taken a hiatus, but AOW will be back to it's former glory in about 10 or so years. Once the IRL gets it's brand new cars in 2010 and fans have started to come back to a merged series with the best races and start making money, drivers will want to come back and race in the Indy 500 and in a FUN and EXCITING racing series instead of NAPCAR. Even for less money. The schedule will iron itself out over the next few years with the bad supported races being replaced with the old classics. The best teams will all be in the same series and will actually be able to shell out the money to PAY their drivers for once and have a choice in who drives their cars.

There's nowhere to go but up. This isn't the beginning of the end, it's the end of the beginning. So if arrogant fanatics want to bail out now just because of who's in charge or that they're angry they lost the war.. that's their problem. Those of us who stick around will be treated to a return to REAL racing and not having to worry about losing another car each weekend or if the race scheduled for that week will even take place.

garyshell
13th February 2008, 23:43
I post on a lot of other sports message boards as well. And what is the only topic about open wheel racing to ever be posted in the 5 or so years I've been a member of said boards about? The merger.

People are excited about it. People want a REAL AOW series again. It's finally happening and people will not hesitate for a second to ditch that joke of a redneck series known as NASCAR now that they'll finally have a choice in racing series to follow.

CART may have taken a hiatus, but AOW will be back to it's former glory in about 10 or so years. Once the IRL gets it's brand new cars in 2010 and fans have started to come back to a merged series with the best races and start making money, drivers will want to come back and race in the Indy 500 and in a FUN and EXCITING racing series instead of NAPCAR. Even for less money. The schedule will iron itself out over the next few years with the bad supported races being replaced with the old classics. The best teams will all be in the same series and will actually be able to shell out the money to PAY their drivers for once and have a choice in who drives their cars.

There's nowhere to go but up. This isn't the beginning of the end, it's the end of the beginning. So if arrogant fanatics want to bail out now just because of who's in charge or that they're angry they lost the war.. that's their problem. Those of us who stick around will be treated to a return to REAL racing and not having to worry about losing another car each weekend or if the race scheduled for that week will even take place.

Well put!!!! Well put!

Gary

Dr. Krogshöj
14th February 2008, 08:57
I guess that about says it all, right? Will we be hearing from you any more?

I guess so. I was very angry and frustrated about this whole mess when I wrote that. But in the end, I can't resist coming back even to this forum.

My favourite series will remain F1 but AOWR will always have a place in my heart. As for NASCAR, I tried to watch a couple of races last year to check out how JPM and AJA were doing but I always fell asleep.

ShiftingGears
14th February 2008, 09:50
I don't know if I could stand CCWS for another year - I would be annoyed at Australia having no coverage this year if CCWS didn't turn its TV product into an hour-long highlights clip. It's like expecting a tennis fan to be satisfied when only seeing the set points of a 4-hour game. It just isn't good enough.

I hope the best parts of Champ Car are salvaged in the new series. And I hope a merger is done quickly to put Champ Car out of its misery.