PDA

View Full Version : Erin Crocker

racingrivalsDOT
13th February 2008, 01:49
http://www.fonegear46.com will sponsor Erin Crocker for Daytona and Fontana!! Not sure what she can achieve in second rate Morgan-Dollar Equipment. I watch the ARCA race from Michigan today on Motors. Everybody slates Crocker on here, but she was consistantly running top five until bits came off her car, and then she still came back for a top five. I'm not saying she will ever compete for Sprint Cup championships, but she could definately compete with people like Montoya, Hornish Jr and Franchitti.

table
14th February 2008, 16:06
Last year in Arca she had Evernham's car and personnel. Also, not that many teams last year had up to date CUP cars, so she had a big advantage. I think this year's Arca will be more equal since many teams could buy the "old style" CUP cars at bargain prices.

As for Trucks I am really looking forward to seeing what Colin Braun can do. Its too bad that the open wheel teams wanted him to bring big sponsor dollars to get a ride.

As for Erin, we all know what she brings to get a ride.

colinspooky
14th February 2008, 16:10
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/walt_disney/herbie__fully_loaded/erin_crocker/herbieprea.jpg

am I close?

:rolleyes:

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
14th February 2008, 17:15
We know what she does for a ride, i can only imagine what she'll do for sponsorship.

Sparky1329
14th February 2008, 17:34
I would love nothing better than to be able to defend Erin. She lost my respect as a female when she made herself a stereotype. What a pity.

tstran17_88
14th February 2008, 18:26
I would love nothing better than to be able to defend Erin. She lost my respect as a female when she made herself a stereotype. What a pity.I'm with ya.

I was pulling for her too. I've seen her race in the WoO series and she impressed me.

racingrivalsDOT
16th February 2008, 03:19
Solid run in a poor truck so far...

racingrivalsDOT
16th February 2008, 03:44
14th place finish, but 7th going into final lap and clipped behind, managed to save it big time. Well done Erin!

colinspooky
16th February 2008, 18:43
yep - someone just ran in to her - but nothing like Kill Musch managed.

J'dub
4th March 2008, 18:18
I see Speed took over the 46 truck in ATL. Anyone hear if Erin gained a ride or has something in the works? I think she has got some tremendous talent and hate what Ray did to her career. Thoughts?

J'dub
4th March 2008, 19:28
I see Speed took over the 46 truck in ATL. Has anyone heard if Erin has a ride or anything in the works? I've watched her drive since the WOA and think she has alot of talent. Ray did her no favors and I hope she gets a shot. thoughts?

colinspooky
4th March 2008, 23:39
any excuse

http://eur.i1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/premiere_photo/20050831/10/995368590.jpg

table
5th March 2008, 00:43
Stan's favorite
Remember this ???
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c364/khyber0/mlc.jpg

Jag_Warrior
8th March 2008, 21:34
I'm not saying she will ever compete for Sprint Cup championships, but she could definately compete with people like Montoya, Hornish Jr and Franchitti.

Against Hornish, Jr.? Possibly. Against Allmendinger? Probably. But I was under the impression that Franchitti was progressing fairly well, and at least not making an ape of himself. But even with less than 10 stock car races under his belt, I don't think I'd count him out. As far as Montoya, (forgetting that I've been a fan since his F3000 days), on a road course he would spank her 10 times out of 10... in a stock car, an open wheel car or a bicycle (OK, maybe my fandom is showing with that last one). On an oval, I would put my money on him to win 7 of 10.

I'm also sorry that Crocker made a poor personal choice in relationships. Much like Sara Senske, I expected her to do more than she has done on the track, and I thought Erin was smart enough to keep her nose clean off the track (and no, that's not a swipe at Tony George ;) ).

But the fact is she's almost 27 now. And even with all of the support she's gotten, she doesn't seem to be going anywhere. The combination of shooting herself in her "sponsor foot", and possibly not being as talented as I thought, seems to be what's keeping her out of the higher level NASCAR series.

As far as what I see from a poster about "what Ray did to her career"... I don't condone his part in the affair either. But unless someone can show me photos of Erin as a 16 year old waif, with a torn blouse and handcuff bruises on her wrists, I say that it takes two to tango. I get tired of seeing adults being portrayed as victims when they were right in the thick of the foolishness. I'm waiting for Flip Wilson t-shirts to soon go on sale in the U.S.: "The Devil Made Me Do It!"