PDA

View Full Version : KK sold out, CCWS to live on?

BobGarage
12th February 2008, 22:48
Rumours on the CCF forum suggest Forsythe and pettit have bought out KK and CCWS staff have been told the 08 season will go ahead as planned.

Rumours also say KK and PKV are gone completly from CCWS.

just passing the rumour on... don't shoot the messanger. ;)

cartpix
12th February 2008, 22:51
Maybe we should consider the source. CCF, I mean, not you Bob.

Jeff

Chaparral66
12th February 2008, 22:52
That's hard to believe.

zoostation
12th February 2008, 23:14
this has appeared on trackforum, ccf, and speedtv forums.

- hass, walker and pkv (?) to irl in 08

- gf to run ccws in 2008

sounds crazy, but by all accounts this info came from RM in a radio interview earlier.

heelntoe
12th February 2008, 23:17
That's hard to believe.

RM was on live radio a little while ago from Indy and the rumors are flying, but as RM said, GF trying to do CCWS alone is "Crazy"...I said it was gonna' get weird! And Dan Pettit splitting from KK, his mentor, would be very unlikely and strange.

ChicagocrewIRL
13th February 2008, 00:04
- gf to run ccws in 2008

those 2 car grids for 2008 should be incredible. This is just a little weird .

Sandfly
13th February 2008, 00:13
You guys believe everthing else but are not willing to think that there is/was an internal squabble that started all this. So eager to get a couple more cars for the I-500 that you would give up a real race series with fans, real race cars and real road racing. It will be over - if and when it is over, not until. Until then I do not know what to believe, but I will not rule out anything.

Cart750hp
13th February 2008, 00:22
IF, I mean a big IF, Jerry (Gerald Forsythe, not spelled as Gerry) really wouldn't like CC to merge or unify with IRL, his best option would probably buy CC's Atlantics, not CC. Atlantics has always been fun to watch real racing in this category but at least, the politics and financial problems are not as bad as CC and IRL. For me, that would be the smartest way.

millencolin
13th February 2008, 00:47
Maybe we should consider the source. CCF, I mean, not you Bob.

Jeff

stole the words straight from my mouth... lol

ZzZzZz
13th February 2008, 01:32
RM was on live radio a little while ago from Indy and the rumors are flying, but as RM said, GF trying to do CCWS alone is "Crazy"...I said it was gonna' get weird! And Dan Pettit splitting from KK, his mentor, would be very unlikely and strange.

Reminds me of the earlier rumor GF was against the merger because he feels entitled to recover his $80M (or whatever) loss. Made me think of an old joke.. I guess he could end up with $80M if he puts another $200M in.

ChaimWitz
13th February 2008, 01:33
So, there is "hope" that this destructive, ugly and insane split can continue a while longer so that there is absolutely no one left who cares about the sport any longer outside of the 297 "fans" from ****wagon.com! If this kookie rumor has even shread of truth to it, I don't expect to go very far so let's see what happens by Friday.

heelntoe
13th February 2008, 01:42
You guys believe everthing else but are not willing to think that there is/was an internal squabble that started all this. So eager to get a couple more cars for the I-500 that you would give up a real race series with fans, real race cars and real road racing. It will be over - if and when it is over, not until. Until then I do not know what to believe, but I will not rule out anything.

This is a joke, right?! Like Sanguin, you are lost in a sea of disillusion. The internal squabble is obvious as any group that loses over $100 million and the principals will point the finger at anyone but themselves. Your comment about "real" racing is embarassing as the series for which your interest is based is out of business...pathetic really.

OWFan19
13th February 2008, 01:54
I got a phone call about this this morning. I am in utter shock. KK is smarter than I give him, but why did GF do what he did? He rarely showed up to the races in the first place. Well I hope the fans of Champ Car are happy with 9 cars on the track. This is actually going to get worse, and I thought a few months ago, How could it get any worse. I wanted to see this series suceed, but now its almost embarssing. How could any sponsor be interested.

CHAMPMOM
13th February 2008, 02:24
I'm reading this stuff and my head is spinning! What the heck is going on?!?

Enough already. The IRL/Champcar needs to merge, now.

F1boat
13th February 2008, 07:24
You know... if you are not on TV, you are not really happening. If CC survives for another year, it'll be a club racing show. Perhaps GF will merge the grids of CCWS with Atlantics in a ALMS-like race with different categories, but nobody will watch it.

jwhite9185
13th February 2008, 12:34
If it is true, thats just stupid. I hope there is a CC season in 08 but not with 11 cars.

clydekart
13th February 2008, 14:47
You know... if you are not on TV, you are not really happening. If CC survives for another year, it'll be a club racing show. Perhaps GF will merge the grids of CCWS with Atlantics in a ALMS-like race with different categories, but nobody will watch it.

The majority of people (75%) who go to the races such as Toronto don't care who is running or even what kind of car is running. They go for the atmosphere and the side-shows. Last year I was in a stand where most people thought the Minardi 2-seater was the start of the race. TV is a different matter, but a merged CC-Atlantic with reduced prize money and unknown (young and upcomming) drivers may be the direction CC is heading.

bennybigb
13th February 2008, 15:16
I'll watch it!

11 ChampCars racing around Cleveland, Toronto, Long Beach, Mexico City. Count me in! This would be way better than watching a bunch of ugly *****wagons following themselves in circles.

Probably a good idea to put the Formula Atlantics on the track too, we'd have a solid 20-some car field then.

Oh how I hate the IRL.

clydekart
13th February 2008, 15:29
I'll watch it!

11 ChampCars racing around Cleveland, Toronto, Long Beach, Mexico City. Count me in! This would be way better than watching a bunch of ugly *****wagons following themselves in circles.

Probably a good idea to put the Formula Atlantics on the track too, we'd have a solid 20-some car field then.

Oh how I hate the IRL.

I will also watch it along with my kids and whole company. There are many more that don't post who also don't have short memories and will be at TO, ED, LB. RA as long as there are CC's or something faster .

slashman
13th February 2008, 17:42

Well said!!!

garyshell
13th February 2008, 18:25

I think there is another side to this coin. It is not that we are eager to get a couple more cars at the IRL 500. It is more like we are eager to get the 500 back into a unified series so that we can again have a "real race series with fans, real race cars and real road racing" and make it diverse by once again having ovals (not 100% throttle ones mind you). And in so doing we can call it the Indy 500 again NOT the IRL 500 as it now stands.

Gary

champ car dave
13th February 2008, 18:42
I think it is time to get this war over with. Am I happy that TG will be in charge? No. However he did bring in Cottman (imho is the only one in AOWR with a clue.)

Champ Car doesn't resemble CART anymore. TG will finally have CART except it's called the IRL.

Once CC got rid of oval it p***ed away its heritage and became a very poor man's F-1.

If this rumor is true then I think we may have to commit GF because he is living in a alternate reality.

I appreaciate what the amigos tried to do. But anything PG is in is no F'n good because he is no F'n good (see the last incarnation of Trans Am and that AVN sponsorship. That just screams class.)

The main point is that openwheel racing may once again be relavant.

So lets sit back, put up with the ***** wagons for the next two years and move on.

FlatChatRacer
13th February 2008, 19:12
It would be crazy to run Champ Cars and Atlantics together. There is a speed and skill differential between the running and operation of the cars. Therefore, safety could become a major issue. I am also fairly sure that there could legal impediments to doing this as well.

Anyway, that is just a theory and should remain so. If someone decides to keep Champ Car going then fair enough. However, I am not interested in watching a series devoid of it's marquee teams (NHL, PKV etc). In my opinion, most other racing fans would have little or no interest either.

Why can't the split just end peacefully? Why can't the Champ Car owners just see the writing on the wall and let the series die?

I have no ill will towards KK and GF. They saved the series in 2004, and for that I commend and thank them. They tried hard to rebuild it, but in the end, they failed to make it a viable proposition.

One can argue that the series was on an upward trend in 2004 and 2005. However, 2006 and 2007 were very poor and really there was little chance of a recovery after a series of poor decisions.

Time to move on and let go!

champ car dave
13th February 2008, 19:15
Amen to that. I completely agree!!!

Chaparral66
13th February 2008, 21:21
Remember, al theat means is that we will be playing in TG's sandbox...

champ car dave
13th February 2008, 21:46
At this point I can tell which is worse. Playing in TG's 3/4 filled sandbox or the amigo's half filled sandbox and listening to them tell you its full.

The scary part is one if not two of the amigos actually believes thiers is full.