PDA

View Full Version : Danica up to her old tricks again!

Alexamateo
12th February 2008, 19:18
In all the goings on, I can't believe no one's posted this yet.

Sports Illustrated (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/2008_swimsuit/danica-patrick/index2.html)

Danicafan, you're not doing your job! :s mash:

CCFanatic
12th February 2008, 21:34
In all the goings on, I can't believe no one's posted this yet.

Sports Illustrated (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/2008_swimsuit/danica-patrick/index2.html)

Danicafan, you're not doing your job! :s mash:

What a tool. Sickening.

Breeze
12th February 2008, 23:04
ok

ZzZzZz
13th February 2008, 01:15
I saw the SI pic on AR1, and once again I am shocked at the pathetic photography. If that photog submitted that pic for grading in the introductory photo class at my local community college, for example, he would get a D, or more likely an incomplete. It's so bad, I wouldn't know where to start criticizing it. Tacky and artless. I get the impression the photog is completely indifferent and just wants to get the shoot over ASAP.

ShiftingGears
13th February 2008, 03:31
I get the impression the photog is completely indifferent and just wants to get the shoot over ASAP.

I wonder why...

tstran17_88
13th February 2008, 04:22
At the very least...I'll buy a rag of a magazine that I normally wouldn't.

I noticed she has a tatoo on the small of her back.

MAX_THRUST
13th February 2008, 09:44
I'd rather see Danica doing that than Paul Tracy, or Buddy Rice, hell she's better than Sarah, and if her racing career goes wrong, she can hopefully earn money taking her cloths off. Good luck to her........whats it matter, sponsors get their monies worth....and i get an eyefull.

DavePI2
13th February 2008, 11:33
hubba hubba

beachbum
13th February 2008, 12:14
Danica is a weird one. She wants to be taken seriously as a driver, then she proudly shows off her "tramp stamp" and almost everything else. Very often she gives the impression that she really just wants to be a celebrity, not a racer, and racing is just a way to get "exposure". Sure, other female athletes in other sports have done revealing photo shoots, but most don't make a career of it. She isn't the Kournakova of motor sports anymore. She is becoming the Paris Hilton of racing. Perhaps if we are all lucky, she will get her modeling contract and leave racing behind.

Shirk
13th February 2008, 12:42
She is becoming the Paris Hilton of racing. Perhaps if we are all lucky, she will get her modeling contract and leave racing behind.

Rather the Anna Kournikova of racing. She never won a tournament either.

gravelman
13th February 2008, 12:51
Shes no Isolde Hoderied, Michele Mouton or Tina Thorner

MarcoCheever
13th February 2008, 13:17
yumm-o

indycool
13th February 2008, 16:34
There are 44 photos at SI.com of her "shoot." They figure 250 million will view it on line and 69 million will buy the magazine. IMO, so what if she's both a qualified model and a race driver. So what if Helio's a race driver and a good dancer. So what if Roger Penske is a conglomerate owner with a tie on and sits on pit road in a uniform shirt and directs a race car.

People who can walk and chew gum at the same time often do it.

inimitablestoo
13th February 2008, 19:16
Technically some of those swimsuit pics don't have a swimsuit in them... ;)

Chris R
13th February 2008, 19:47
Danica is a weird one. She wants to be taken seriously as a driver, then she proudly shows off her "tramp stamp" and almost everything else. Very often she gives the impression that she really just wants to be a celebrity, not a racer, and racing is just a way to get "exposure". Sure, other female athletes in other sports have done revealing photo shoots, but most don't make a career of it. She isn't the Kournakova of motor sports anymore. She is becoming the Paris Hilton of racing. Perhaps if we are all lucky, she will get her modeling contract and leave racing behind.

this is a pretty good observation. I don't care that she does these shoots - she is a reasonably attractive woman, but they do tend to be sort of "trampy" for lack of a better word. There is no reason a professional race car driver of either gender should not be able to do something like this - but they also need to deal with the repercussions of being taken less seriously as a professional driver if their driving credentials are not beyond reproach....

tito
13th February 2008, 20:11
There are 44 photos at SI.com of her "shoot." They figure 250 million will view it on line and 69 million will buy the magazine. IMO, so what if she's both a qualified model and a race driver. So what if Helio's a race driver and a good dancer. So what if Roger Penske is a conglomerate owner with a tie on and sits on pit road in a uniform shirt and directs a race car.

People who can walk and chew gum at the same time often do it.

Comparing Danica to those 2 is absurd..Penske and Helio have actually accomplished something and been very successful in racing to go with their off track exploits. They also are not whining like Danica to be taken seriously as just a racer (and not a female racer) while ***** themselves out on magazine shoots.

I know..maybe she can actually win her first race since..um..well...ever!!.. (against a watered down field) and THEN maybe she can do these things and casual race fans wont be reminded that she's just a decent looking chick that is photogenic and not a mediocre racer thats never won a damn thing in North America.

indycool
13th February 2008, 20:27
Point was, she's a model and a race driver. Other people have dual talents, or more than two. Some athletes have tried two different pro sports through the years. I won't forget Lloyd Ruby, who almost won at Indy, or Jeff Ward, who almost won at Indy, or Danica, who led the "500" with seven laps to go. Or Mario Andretti and A.J. Foyt, who won at Indy and Daytona and Mario won an F1 title, too.

You don't see ANYTHING in those pictures you wouldn't see on any beach in the world. So what?

-Helix-
13th February 2008, 20:53
At the very least...I'll buy a rag of a magazine that I normally wouldn't.

Thats what is commonly known as a "tramp stamp".

And not surprising that Danica has one.

gofastandwynn
14th February 2008, 00:11
Comparing Danica to those 2 is absurd..Penske and Helio have actually accomplished something and been very successful in racing to go with their off track exploits. They also are not whining like Danica to be taken seriously as just a racer (and not a female racer) while ***** themselves out on magazine shoots.

I know..maybe she can actually win her first race since..um..well...ever!!.. (against a watered down field) and THEN maybe she can do these things and casual race fans wont be reminded that she's just a decent looking chick that is photogenic and not a mediocre racer thats never won a damn thing in North America.

Oh pleases, this is just more pure anti-Danica jealousy from the cc gang. Boy, I hope Vitor Miera never does a photo shoot since he has never won in North America.

Now, lets just take a look at some of the female athletes to be in SI swimsuit issue:

Amanda Beard: 2 Olympic Gold Medals

Jennie Finch: 1 Olympic Gold Medal

Steffi Graf: 22 Grand Slam titles and widely considered to be one of the greatest female tennis players in history

Maria Sharapova: 3 Grand Slam singles titles

Serena Williams:8 Grand Slam singles titles and 1 Olympic gold medal

Venus Williams: 14 Grand Slam titles and 1 Olympic gold medal

Annika Sorenstam: 10 Major Championships and 8 Player of the Year awards

Lauren Jackson: 2 WNBA MVP awards and 1 Olympic Gold Medal

Ekaterina Gordeeva: 2 Olympic Gold Medals

Are they not "taken seriously" as athletes?

45 Below
14th February 2008, 06:50
She could have gone one further like this world champion skater.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4215540a1823.html

(Warning contains no clothing apart from a pair of ... carefully arranged skates.)

This was an attempt to get a bit of attention for a minority sport. It's hard to work out why Danica did it. Surely she doesn't need the money or the notoriety. Maybe it is flattering to be asked.

ShiftingGears
14th February 2008, 11:22
Oh pleases, this is just more pure anti-Danica jealousy from the cc gang. Boy, I hope Vitor Miera never does a photo shoot since he has never won in North America.

Now, lets just take a look at some of the female athletes to be in SI swimsuit issue:

Steffi Graf: 22 Grand Slam titles and widely considered to be one of the greatest female tennis players in history

They're either successful, or attractive, but not neither. :p :

ZzZzZz
14th February 2008, 11:41
I'm not one for puritanical scorn or adolescent ogling. It's the hack job that bugs me. The pic I saw has no color, no contrast, poor lighting, poor make-up, etc. I mean just dumb luck with a $300 digital camera would yield better results. It's the pathetic quality that makes her look cheap. She should know better. Look at any of the Argent ads. Those are top-notch. She looks infinitely better/sexier in those.

To me it's like watching someone sing off-key on American Idol. I'm embarrassed for her. Even I could have done a better job than that hack. Jeez!

Chris R
14th February 2008, 13:02

right - none of them "almost won the gold medal" or "had the gold medal with two rounds to go" - they all undeniably succeeded in their sports.

Danica has not done that yet, she may, I think she is a talented driver, but if she wants to be taken seriously as a driver FIRST, this stuff does not help. Once she wins a race or two - then here credentials as a race WINNER are beyond question....

Like I said earlier, nothing wrong with her being a race driver or doing this photo shoot or her doing BOTH - but since she has not proven herself as a racer by winning a race, she cannot expect people to take her driving more seriously than her modeling.....

COD
14th February 2008, 13:18
She is a sponsors dream, and that counts for a lot in motorsports. Allways has and allways will in this expensive sport. Motorola must be sooo happy about these pictures.

And she is not a bad driver either, there are so many worse. Really hard to understand why people here give her such hard time.

indycool
14th February 2008, 14:15
Chris, she spent a day and a half in the offseason in Singer Island, Fla., shooting this thing. There was no racing to do during those days. It's not like she skipped the "500" to be a model.

RaceFanStan
14th February 2008, 14:51
Danica Patrick gets hype because she is a female driver ...
NOT because has shown any talent for driving ...
if you go to SI & view her pictures you will see she isn't much of a model either ...
she isn't totally ugly but definately not worthy of an all-nighter ...

I'd rate her a 3 as a model & less than that as a driver. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

indycool
14th February 2008, 15:04
It's easy to say something's not worth it when it's unavailable to you.

Wraith
14th February 2008, 16:24
...and if her racing career goes wrong, she can hopefully earn money taking her cloths off.

It's called "modeling", and I submit she'd make an excellent one, for those who claim otherwise. Personally, I believe that these kinds of things are a detriment to any motorsports training on her part, but then again...is this so different from half a million NASCAR drivers trying to sell knick-knacks that nobody needs? Hence, I will choose to think of it as the oldest form of sponsorship hunting in the known universe, going all the way back to royal harems.

Either way, it doesn't change the fact that young 5th-place-on-a-one-off Briscoe might very well torch her, come late May.

EDIT: Upon consideration, I will also look at it another way...and a dark way, at that: women are sex objects in society. Period. Sponsors know this. For all the "more power to women" stuff she gets, why didn't Sarah get the same?

Sex, not gender, sells.

Jag_Warrior
17th February 2008, 21:11

What are those things called? Oh yeah, a "tramp stamp". :p

CCFanatic
18th February 2008, 21:03
She is a sponsors dream, and that counts for a lot in motorsports. Allways has and allways will in this expensive sport. Motorola must be sooo happy about these pictures.

And she is not a bad driver either, there are so many worse. Really hard to understand why people here give her such hard time.

Hope you are being sarcastic?

Going with the sponsors, I think this would be very bad for her. Kinda like having a open- homosexual racer. Might sound like a good idea to have that or someone who models provacativly or is "gay", but many do not think that way. You'd feed to a certain group, but then their are those people who are against it or do not like it and would protest, meaning lose in buisness and money.

I bet you Danica had to do alot of butt kissing for Motorola and her many other sponsors to let her do this.

indycool
18th February 2008, 21:12
With 69 million who will see her in the magazine and 250 million more on line, I doubt Motorola had a single complaint. She's in a bikini. Just like most other women wear on occasion at a beach. In case you didn't know it, she turned down Playboy about 2-3 years ago. She ain't crossing the line to the $20 lap dance downtown (pick any city).

Ruben Barrios
18th February 2008, 23:43
When you win you peak!! What? Funny thing she is in those pictures because she is a driver... so if she were not driving the closer she would be to SI would be delivering it...so a model she is not... She is a driver in the IRL because she is a woman (no man with her record would have that many sponsors and opportunities) ... Talk about a sexist situation...

indycool
19th February 2008, 02:07
There are male drivers in the IRL and ANY series who some will not agree with how they got there.

harvick#1
19th February 2008, 06:22
she ain't nothin compared to a couple of those Swedish WRC drivers :facelick:

but here she goes again, wants to be serious but she goes on being a tramp.

congrats, thats why you are never takin seriously on the track Danica

DavePI2
23rd February 2008, 13:55
I thought lap dances were $30 by now. At least they are in columbus

indycool
23rd February 2008, 14:01
Dave, you must be going to GOOD places. :)

Jag_Warrior
24th February 2008, 20:12
I think what bothers some about Danica is her brash (over confident?) attitude. And by the same token, I'm sure there are people who like her brash attitude.

But when you've never won a professional automobile race, and you mention Formula One and NASCAR as future career options, you should expect people to make fun of you. And years later, when you still haven't won a professional automobile race (and seem to have trouble negotiating pitlane in an IRL car), and to maintain your level of exposure, you do a "beaver ad" and a bikini shoot for S/I, why would one not expect comparisons to Anna Kournikova (except that Anna did win matches and at least one doubles tourny that I know of)? Even Sarah Fisher and Milka Duno can claim professional automobile race victories.

Danica is either going to have to win a race pretty shortly, or to maintain a meaningful exposure level, she'll have to expose more & more skin.

How a person makes their money is all good with me. But I post in a place where there often seems to exist an alternate reality. Danica should be careful not to live life too long in the Twilight Zone, thinking that she's popular because she's a top world class driver, who would have a shot in either NASCAR or Formula One. Flash the A cups and cash the check, Danica. None of your critics (certainly not me) will pay your rent if things fall through.

jiffyjet2
24th February 2008, 21:20
Actually, Danica has won a race since her Karting days! She won the celebrity race at Long Beach when she was driving Toyota Atlantics (where she didn't win). I think she beat William Shatner and a couple of "starlets" who were entered in the Celeb Race. I think they were driving some Toyota coupes. Not much to put on a resume, but she did win a race.

Jag_Warrior
24th February 2008, 21:55
Actually Dana Torres won overall and the celebrity category. Danica won the pro category, but was 2nd overall. More recently, Danica "won" 4th place overall at Indy... and 1st place in the female category. When you Peak, you win. :D

Many, many moons ago, my team beat Ralph Sampson's team playing (pickup) basketball. I was guarding Ralph (7'4" vs 6'3"... yeah, great matchup!). I even stole the ball from Ralph... once. I didn't know if I wanted to play pro ball in the NBA or play in Europe. But for some reason, I never got a call from the NBA... or Europe. I guess that's my fault. I've always been a Prestone guy.

Dennis H.
25th February 2008, 01:33
right - none of them "almost won the gold medal" or "had the gold medal with two rounds to go" - they all undeniably succeeded in their sports.

Danica has not done that yet, she may, I think she is a talented driver, but if she wants to be taken seriously as a driver FIRST, this stuff does not help. Once she wins a race or two - then here credentials as a race WINNER are beyond question....

Like I said earlier, nothing wrong with her being a race driver or doing this photo shoot or her doing BOTH - but since she has not proven herself as a racer by winning a race, she cannot expect people to take her driving more seriously than her modeling.....

did any of them win gold medals competing against men? Just a minor detail I am sure.

ykiki
25th February 2008, 01:58
did any of them win gold medals competing against men? Just a minor detail I am sure.

What exactly does that have to do with making her car go faster than her (mostly) male opponents?

Dennis H.
26th February 2008, 03:19
What exactly does that have to do with making her car go faster than her (mostly) male opponents?

Everything, if not then how come there aren't more women racing it top levels? You have never driven a race care have you?

indycool
26th February 2008, 03:23
Lyn St. James said it best: "The car doesn't know whether it's a man or woman driving it."

Jag_Warrior
26th February 2008, 03:39
^^^Truth^^^

Cart750hp
26th February 2008, 04:14
Is it me or just, why some of you so disgust with Danica doing these? These are photo shot that it'll be in Sports Illustrated! Last time I checked Sports Illustrated was not under Hustler. So what if she keeps doing this? I have no idea why it bothers to some of you here.

I think she's doing what she's given. She's exactly the type of woman I would take home for a night.

She does her "job" and takes off her clothes than talking. That's perfect.

I don't see the problem in that...