PDA

View Full Version : ChampCar and IRL forums

Mark
12th February 2008, 15:00
Just an idea which I could put in place tomorrow if the feeling is good, or not if we want to keep things as they are.

I can put in place a system where while the ChampCar and IndyCar forums remain seperate, a thread posted in one will automatically appear in the other, it might be useful since most of the current discussions concern both series.

Of course if the merger doesn't happen the link can easily be switched off.

Post what you think.

Breeze
12th February 2008, 15:10
I wouldn't bother with it until the word comes down. Most forum visiters post on the Champ Car side anyway, and by a wide margin.

pvtjoker
12th February 2008, 15:33
Lets "merge" the two forums (if and when CC and the IRL merge).

BobGarage
12th February 2008, 15:34
i think its best to keep the two forums seperate until a merger/banckrupcy or anything else is announced.

If/when announced we might as well have one forum

FormerFF
12th February 2008, 15:36
I agree. You might as well leave things as they are until there is an agreement announced.

bblocker68
12th February 2008, 16:14
Leave it pending to official announcements, like everything else.

Chris R
12th February 2008, 16:16
agree - if it all comes together have one forum for current events and perhaps open a new one for history and nostalgia like the F-1 board has (that would give our "name that car" thread a proper home :D )

MAX_THRUST
12th February 2008, 16:18
Do the link go for it!!!

EVEN IF THERE ISN'T A MERGER WILL BE MOANING ABOUT IT FOR WEEKS!!!!

The two series are linked, either way, so lets do it.

MAX_THRUST
12th February 2008, 16:20
Why is everyone so negative about it???

I can't stand TG, but a merger or whate ever it is needs to happen for us to be watching anything. If we can't merge a forum, how can they merge a series

BobGarage
12th February 2008, 17:18
Why is everyone so negative about it???

I can't stand TG, but a merger or whate ever it is needs to happen for us to be watching anything. If we can't merge a forum, how can they merge a series

no one here (in this thread) is being negative about the merger. the point everyone is making is that until the series are merged there is no point for a merged forum.

At the moment the two series are seperate and rightly so we have a forum for each series. Until the merger happens there is no point merging the forums as you'd have one forum on two different subjects.

BobGarage
12th February 2008, 17:19
agree - if it all comes together have one forum for current events and perhaps open a new one for history and nostalgia like the F-1 board has (that would give our "name that car" thread a proper home :D )

I like the idea of a historic/nostaligc sub-forum being created once the merger dust has settled.

BoilerIMS
12th February 2008, 18:57
The moderators are discussing the forum options amongst themselves. And we have thought of a "nostalgia" sub-forum so that the new forum primarily discusses the racing, rather than history and old arguments.

bblocker68
12th February 2008, 19:00
Have you thought of adding an AOWR section in addition to the CC/IRL forums like they have at SpeedTV?

Chaparral66
12th February 2008, 22:12
The forums should reflect the state of the sport. If the two series merge, then we should have one open wheel forum here. Until that happens, perhaps we should wait and see.

Mark
13th February 2008, 07:54
The consensus seems to be for no change, so things will stay as they are for now.

MAX_THRUST
13th February 2008, 12:33
I find it hard to believe after this week there will be two series.....even if ccws survives what state will it be in, and how bad will both series credibillity be???? I digress...

One thread unti lthe inevitable.

Sorry if I think everyone is being negative, but even as much as I hated the IRL and TG, this can only be possitive, unless you work at CCWS, then my thoughts are with the staff.

FormerFF
19th February 2008, 23:06
I guess it's time to merge the forums. Besides, the IRL forum could use the increased traffic.

cartpix
19th February 2008, 23:16
I guess it's time to merge the forums. Besides, the IRL forum could use the increased traffic.

I'd wait, until the official announcement. Just to be on the safe side.

Jeff

Mark
20th February 2008, 07:32
Not yet. When there is an official announcement then the forums will merge. And even then it has to be a definitive statement, not "we hope to" or "we will move towards" but "this is what's going to happen".

PSfan
20th February 2008, 07:42
Just a thought, but maybe hold off closing down the champcar side of things if there is a merger/unification until maybe after Long Beach to sort of act as a wake, maybe give the champcar loyalists that won't embrace an IRL series a chance/place to vent without turning the IRL forum ugly...

Mark
20th February 2008, 07:44
Perhaps, if and when there's an official announcement I'll see what the general feeling is.

jimispeed
20th February 2008, 07:45
Just a thought, but maybe hold off closing down the champcar side of things if there is a merger/unification until maybe after Long Beach to sort of act as a wake, maybe give the champcar loyalists that won't embrace an IRL series a chance/place to vent without turning the IRL forum ugly...

Oh, we wouldn't want the IRL forum to turn ugly.....

The Champcar forum suffered that fate long ago!!!

Mark
20th February 2008, 07:54
Technically speaking the IndyCar forum would be merged into the ChampCar forum and then the ChampCar forum renamed :p

CC4EVER
21st February 2008, 21:44
When a merger is announced. We will goto one forum, correct?

We will still see comments like:
(CC side)
(Former ) CC drivers are the best! CC driver won in an IRL car, on an IRL track. IRL cars suck!

(IRL side)
Andretti qualified better than Rahal. Danica finished better than some CC drivers. I will be attacked with people saying, " CC4ever you might want to change your screenname".

I would hope to see comments like:
Wow! Look how packed the stands are. Great to see more than 18 cars race. Great to see Andretti side by side w/ Rahal.

I know it's going to take ALONG TIME. I just hope we can all lick our wounds and get back to having the greatest racing! OPEN WHEEL!!!

hacker-pschorr
21st February 2008, 22:05

(CC side)
(Former ) CC drivers are the best! CC driver won in an IRL car, on an IRL track. IRL cars suck!

(IRL side)
Andretti qualified better than Rahal. Danica finished better than some CC drivers. I will be attacked with people saying, " CC4ever you might want to change your screenname".

Wow! Look how packed the stands are. Great to see more than 18 cars race. Great to see Andretti side by side w/ Rahal.

I know it's going to take ALONG TIME. I just hope we can all lick our wounds and get back to having the greatest racing! OPEN WHEEL!!!
Or better yet: "Wow, PT took out seven IRL drivers in one lap!!!" :)

I'm a huge PT supporter, just having some fun.

Cart750hp
21st February 2008, 22:12

Correct.

(CC side)

I hope not. But for the mean time, you'll see a few of the fanatics making calls like that, don't be surprised. These guys won't go away easily. But for the rests, I cannot wait that we will be talking more about teams against teams or drivers against drivers, like it should.

(IRL side)

Yeah, why don't you change your screen name?

Yep. I think many many AOWR are looking forward to that for a very long time. And now, we are about to get a taste of it, next month.

CC4EVER, the truth is many fans are older than 25 years old. And as for those IRL haters that are around 50+ years old? These are the guys who couldn't move on and no one will be able to change their views. They've been like that for years and don't expect they'll change their opinion just because CC is gone. Ain't happening and it's sad. The best you could do is to spoil their opinions and have other posters here read and realize how these guys really think. I agree with the mods to just let them post their opinion jsut like everybody else. I, for one, wouldn't want them not to post here.

It's gonna be a great year for AOWR.

bblocker68
21st February 2008, 22:14
<<<<<Or better yet: "Wow, PT took out seven IRL drivers in one lap!!!"

I'm a huge PT supporter, just having some fun.>>>>

PT - "They were in the way!". Dont tell me PT wont have fun with the AGR cars. It's gonna be crazy watching him during restarts on short ovals again.

libra65
23rd February 2008, 01:27
I'd wait, until the official announcement. Just to be on the safe side.

Jeff

I agree totally. We have all seen this see-saw for too long to chance now.

Rogelio
23rd February 2008, 01:31
I think for many of us CART/Champ Car fans there is still of a lot animosity/bad blood that needs to be spilled. Our IRL "friends" may not want to hear it. Since we are the ones that lost, it is kind of difficult to accept.

Henry Cutts
23rd February 2008, 08:38
I think it should be one forum, with a sub forums for Champ Car History & IRL History

BoilerIMS
23rd February 2008, 17:15
The moderators will deal with this in the near future. Just sit tight.

Pat Wiatrowski
23rd February 2008, 19:42
Keep the forums as they are.

gerkebi
23rd February 2008, 22:38
I think it should be one forum, with a sub forums for Champ Car History & IRL History
+1

SoTex
23rd February 2008, 22:41
Keep the forums as they are.

I agree. The IRL won the war there is already an IRL fourm. Eventually this forum will die down as there is no races and such to talk about. Merging the two is just plain goofy.

bleach
23rd February 2008, 23:00
How about we merge the two forums and then layoff (block out) all the current Champ Car forum posters like they're doing to the former CCWS employees? But lets not tell them what were doing until it's done and they try to log back in!

bblocker68
24th February 2008, 00:36
How about we merge the two forums and then layoff (block out) all the current Champ Car forum posters like they're doing to the former CCWS employees? But lets not tell them what were doing until it's done and they try to log back in!

2 posts usually doesn't give a person the right to officially become "we". You do what "we" tell you. (I'm playin' of course) :) :) :)

Mark
24th February 2008, 15:13
The forums will be merged tomorrow (Monday). There will be no sub forum as it would be too much work for already hard pressed mods.

Jag_Warrior
24th February 2008, 19:30
As it should be, Mark. That move better reflects the reality of the situation.

Jag_Warrior
24th February 2008, 19:47
Say, Mark... with the loss of the CCWS forum, you now have an open forum slot, eh? How about a forum for drag racing? There's NHRA, IHRA, an FIA series, NOPI, etc.

Do I need to post pics of Angelle Savoie and Ashley Force to get you to think about it? :D

Come on, it'll be fun. And drag racing fans tend not to cause a lot of trouble. The cars are noisy, but the fans are cool. Give it some thought.

Indy500'79
25th February 2008, 03:33
Once they make it final (which I beleive it already is) - let's please move on and make one forum that actually talks about racing again.

spiritone
25th February 2008, 03:57
hEY! Most of the posters on this forum were from the irl side anyway.

Don't merge the forum, JUST SHUT THIS ONE DOWN, ALL THE REAL CHAMPCAR FANS LEFT LONG AGO.