PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy Long Beach Tickets or Not?

clydekart
12th February 2008, 04:12
To all of you CC Fans, If you are wondering about Long Beach Tickets here is a quote from the LB CEO.

"As of today, February 11, 2008, we are scheduled to run a weekend of races in Long Beach including the Champ Car World Series on April 20. While there has been some recent talk about an IRL-CC reconciliation, to date nothing final has evolved. Therefore you can either buy your tickets based on this information, or wait a short time to see if anything comes of those talks. Either way, there will indeed by an open wheel race on the schedule for the 34th anniversary of the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach."

Jim Michaelian

President/CEO

SoCalPVguy
12th February 2008, 06:22
I'd wait a couple of weeks until this all starts to shake out.

FerrrariF1
12th February 2008, 07:14
I am holding out until I knwo what openwheeled cars will be running.
Turbos yes/Honda go cart engines no
DP01 yes/Dallara's NO
Champcar yes/IRL or whatever it will be called no
If Champcar is not there it will break a 27 year attendance by me
There is no merger/buyout etc in my court....thank god for F1/GP2/ALMS/Aussie V-8/DTM etc
I will never let any of my money go to anything to do with TG....

DavePI2
12th February 2008, 11:33
I for one am certainly glad I didn't buy tickets for cleveland this year. Have to be satisfied with midohio I guess to fill my road racing needs.

David

Mark
12th February 2008, 12:24
I don't even know if I should start the pickems :p

pvtjoker
12th February 2008, 13:18
I'd wait until the dust settles over the next few weeks.

bblocker68
12th February 2008, 16:37
See you there! If no open weheel cars are there, I'll at least get to see ALMS and do some laps in a simulator or two.

Ruben Barrios
12th February 2008, 17:06
Atlantics will race there (more than likely)

FormerFF
12th February 2008, 17:07
The ALMS race alone will probably be worth it.

Ruben Barrios
12th February 2008, 17:26
ALMS is the next big thing...

clydekart
12th February 2008, 17:40
You may be right--ALMS cars are beautiful and fast. I think they run at Mosport to.

nanders
12th February 2008, 20:39
If they bring in the NOPI Chicks would you go ahead and buy tickets?

ZzZzZz
13th February 2008, 02:34
Let's see... Last year the free access ALMS paddock was full of spectators, and plenty of friendly drivers. The not free CC paddock was fairly empty of spectators, and if you even saw a driver, you were lucky.

ALMS also lets spectators on the grid before the start of the race. The cars are awesome, the racing is great, there are plenty of former Champ Car and F1 drivers, along with some other incredible career roadracers.

FormerFF
13th February 2008, 02:52
Let's see... Last year the free access ALMS paddock was full of spectators, and plenty of friendly drivers. The not free CC paddock was fairly empty of spectators, and if you even saw a driver, you were lucky.

ALMS also lets spectators on the grid before the start of the race. The cars are awesome, the racing is great, there are plenty of former Champ Car and F1 drivers, along with some other incredible career roadracers.

Last year at the Petit LeMans, during the autograph session, I thought there'd be a big line at the Andretti Green transporter, to get Tony Kanaan's autograph. Nope. The line was at Audi (Capello, McNish, Luhr, Werner), Penske Porsche (Dumas, Bernhard, Long, Maasen, Briscoe, Collard) and Corvette (Beretta, Gavin, Papis, O'Connell, Magnussen, Fellows)

F1boat
13th February 2008, 07:27
If a Long Beach race is sure, no matter the cars, go. The race is a legend.

SoCalPVguy
21st February 2008, 22:39
I WOULD DEFINATLEY NOT BUY L.B.G.P. TICKETS AT THIS TIME GIVEN WHAT MAY BE OCURRING (i.e. running Motegi & LB concurrently)

TioWoody
22nd February 2008, 00:22
Jim M won't let us down. There will be a great weekend of racing. But, I'm hoping for the race in Japan to not change dates - so we can all be at the last CC race to hear the turbos.

Oh, 2009, now that is a different question.

Here's my take: CART/CC has shown TG the way. So maybe in some twisted way the good guys have won - if only TG would switch to turbos.

Question: If PT wins at Indy, will TG let him have the trophy?