PDA

View Full Version : QUICK !!!!! Name as many ChampCar World Series Sponsors as you can !!!!

ChicagocrewIRL
12th February 2008, 02:17
Ready Set Go !!!!!!!

gofastandwynn
12th February 2008, 02:26
Don't kick the while they are down

994ever
12th February 2008, 02:31
Ready Set Go !!!!!!!

It figures someone who appears to esteem and admire Bobby Knight would exhibit the same level of class and maturity he did on so many occasions.

As for you gofast...what can I say that hasn't already been said.

ChicagocrewIRL
12th February 2008, 02:33
Don't kick the while they are down

It's not meant as a kick at all and I'm surprised it was taken as such. I posted a similar thread on the IRL side of the boards. I am just really curious to see an actual roster for both series.

I apologize if it was taken as such....

994ever
12th February 2008, 02:36
It's not meant as a kick at all and I'm surprised it was taken as such. I posted a similar thread on the IRL side of the boards. I am just really curious to see an actual roster for both series.

So you did. Suppose that shows there was no malicious intent...I apologize for comparing you to Bobby Knight, no one deserves that.

gofastandwynn
12th February 2008, 03:14
As for you gofast...what can I say that hasn't already been said.

What's that? I probably wasn't paying attention/didn't care the first time you said it......

HiWayStar
12th February 2008, 03:23

I watch OWR to see race cars racing each other. As far as the rolling billboards, NASCAR has that down to a science, & OWR has a long way to go. If watching rolling commercials is your thing, NASCAR...not the IRL or CC... is the place to be...

Chris R
12th February 2008, 03:28
mcdonalds, indeck, bridgestone, mazda, aussie vineyards, red bull, gulfstream, CDW, medizone, ozjet,

994ever
12th February 2008, 03:29
What's that? I probably wasn't paying attention/didn't care the first time you said it......

Good one...should I send you back your own PM's to remind you?

anthonyvop
12th February 2008, 03:40
Ready Set Go !!!!!!!
Quick!!!!
Count how many paying fans will show up to the IRL season opener at Homestead.

clydekart
12th February 2008, 03:43
To the first question--who cares, I don't care who the sponsor is, I care how fast the car goes.

Second question-- Not very many!

Skid Marx
12th February 2008, 03:53
mcdonalds, indeck, bridgestone, mazda, aussie vineyards, red bull, gulfstream, CDW, medizone, ozjet,

Don't forget Opes Prime, Grafiprint, Ticketmaster, Muerman's, WOW!, Sonny's Bar-B-Q, Pay-by-Touch, Tecate, etc.

garyshell
12th February 2008, 04:21
To the first question--who cares, I don't care who the sponsor is, I care how fast the car goes.

You need to care, because without a sponsor on the car (or a rich sugar daddy) the car goes all of zero miles per hour.

Gary

HiWayStar
12th February 2008, 04:32
You need to care, because without a sponsor on the car (or a rich sugar daddy) the car goes all of zero miles per hour.

Gary

No, the team owner needs to care. He has to pay the teams bills, not us. We pay our $60 or so & park our butts in the seats, our job is done: theirs begins: to entertain us, so we come back again (or tune in, or whatever). If they can not do this, we will find another form of entertainment to spend our $$$ on...fans money is (usually) welcomed about anywhere.

Lazy team owners who rely on ride buyers instead of finding their own sponsorship is a large part of what put this sport into the dire condition that it currently is, IMO...

Cart750hp
12th February 2008, 05:19
No, the team owner needs to care. He has to pay the teams bills, not us. We pay our $60 or so & park our butts in the seats, our job is done: theirs begins: to entertain us, so we come back again (or tune in, or whatever). If they can not do this, we will find another form of entertainment to spend our $$$ on...fans money is (usually) welcomed about anywhere.

So you should be able to say, "bye" to CC now.

Lazy team owners who rely on ride buyers instead of finding their own sponsorship is a large part of what put this sport into the dire condition that it currently is, IMO...

Good observation. Very true. Still suprised why KK/GF/PG are willing to sell the series to TG? The mentality of the owners how to run a business did put this series worse than 2003. You got teams waiting for a hand-outs and at the same time, you have owners who are also waiting for a hand-outs and couldn't help its teams.