PDA

View Full Version : Correct me if I'm wrong...

Mikeall
12th February 2008, 02:12
But isn't the Indycar series plus key races and teams from Champ Car very similar to Indycar pre 1996. Hopefully now AOWR will become as relevant and interesting as it was in before the split.

HiWayStar
12th February 2008, 03:34
Only now its a ***** instead of a democracy. (Yes, I have spell check) And ***** bees instead of turbo's. And lawn darts instead of beautiful Reynards & Lolas. And 1.5 mi ovals instead of glorious tracks like Road America. And blank sidepods instead of names like Budweiser Shell & Valvoline. And season ticket packages instead of real fans.

Merged or not, it's a bit different...

rpralon
12th February 2008, 03:38
The teams and some races are the same, but the drivers and the cars are very different !!!

In 96 IndyCar/CART had 4 engines ( Ford,Honda,Mercedes,Toyota) and 5 chassis brands( Lola,Reynard,Penske,Swift,Eagle)

I think that the IRL's position was better 3/4 years ago than now with merge, when they have GM,Toyota( and Honda) and 2 chassis brands.

In fact, several current CC's teams don't have many things to contribute in IRL's concept of race. They don't have any oval race experience.