PDA

View Full Version : STCC

markf8691
11th February 2008, 19:16
Does anybody know were we can catch stcc 2008 coverage? i realise it wont be on uk tv, but anybodyknow of any websites that streams it as it happens or just after?

jackmarsh
12th February 2008, 12:49
I don't have a clue, but I am looking forward to seeing the Volvo C30's in action. Hopefully if they go well they may be in the BTCC soon.

Jimmy Magnusson
12th February 2008, 16:34
If you're lucky you should be able to see it via SVT's web page. Here's this year's races - Round 1 on the bottom, final race at the top...

http://www.svt.se/svt/road/Classic/shared/mediacenter/navigation.jsp?d=68520

WSRfan82
18th February 2008, 16:54
but wierd with them talking in swedish but some good racing that honda was qwick

WSRfan82
18th February 2008, 16:55
would be great to see the volvo's and audi's back in the btcc that a4 looks great

WSRfan82
18th February 2008, 16:58
bloody hell lot of bmw's

markf8691
18th February 2008, 23:08
loads of bmw everywhere these days,especially wtcc. love beamers but variation would be nice!

cal
6th March 2008, 15:23
I don't know how much you know about the STCC or its drivers, but 2006 champion Thed Björk will drive for Honda this year as his former team KMS (Audi) has lost its works support from Germany, Audi not wanting to develop a WTCC car of its new A4, instead concentrating on DTM and Le Mans. This means KMS don't have the budget to further develop their current A4s, and it's yet undecided whether or not they will run the two cars in this years championship.

I hope they do, as the Audis are one of a kind and not seen in any other championship. Same goes for the Volvo C30, though I hope Volvo will take their "Green Team" to tackle the WTCC soon.

As a side note it's worth mentioning that our crown prince Carl Philip will compete in the Porsche Carrera Cup which runs with the STCC.

Osella
9th March 2008, 15:10
So is Tommy Kristofferson still racing or just running the team these days?

markf8691
17th March 2008, 20:16
kristofferson is racing in stcc this year, just entering one audi, pity audi would be well good in touring cars with the A4.

DazzlaF1
19th March 2008, 00:01
kristofferson is racing in stcc this year, just entering one audi, pity audi would be well good in touring cars with the A4.

Aye, they seem more committed nowadays with their DTM and Le Mans efforts

As for the STCC, i dont know the full lineup so heres what i've got from that touringcartimes site

WEST COAST BMW: F.Ekblom, R.Rudholm
FLASH BMW: R.Goransson, J.Nilsson
POLESTAR VOLVO: R.Dahlgren, T.Rustad
HONDA RACING: T.Bjork, T.Engstrom
CHEVROLET SWEDEN: T.Schie, ??
IPS PEUGEOT: J.Stureson
NORDIC FA SEAT: R.Eriksson
MA GP ALFA ROMEO: M.Andersson
AHLBERG BMW: J.Ahlberg
ELGH BMW: C.Rosenblad
KRISTOFFERSON AUDI: T.Kristofferson
CALIBER BMW: D.Sahlen

Sorry if this has already been mentioned or if i've forgotten anyone

kmchow
21st March 2008, 04:59
This means KMS don't have the budget to further develop their current A4s, and it's yet undecided whether or not they will run the two cars in this years championship.
But even though development money will be greatly reduced, the car should still be very competitive for at least another year?

fightinchunk
24th March 2008, 18:48
If you're lucky you should be able to see it via SVT's web page. Here's this year's races - Round 1 on the bottom, final race at the top...

http://www.svt.se/svt/road/Classic/shared/mediacenter/navigation.jsp?d=68520

thanks alot for the link. I'd really like to see how the c30's do... seeing as I have both a 2004 S60R, 2001 V70R, and 1986 245DL and my baby sister just got a C30 as a first car. I loved the old 94 850 btcc car... :p

edit: im assuming we're gonna have to wait till after the race to see the streaming videos... right?