PDA

View Full Version : Premier League of Darts

NoahsGirl
11th February 2008, 18:35
Anyone been watching this on Sky? What do you think so far (if you have)?

Daniel
11th February 2008, 20:52
I'd rather watch the "Paint drying" channel :p

GridGirl
12th February 2008, 07:36
I watch it and I'll be going to it again next month. I was on the coverage for the Premier League Darts last year at Sheffield. I like watching it on tv, but don't really rate it when your actually there. The venues are just filled with people trying to get as mind numbingly drunk in 2 hours as possible which is quite amazing as the queues for the bar are horrendous.

The world championships was rubbish this year now it moved to the bigger venue. I wasn't impressed by the thieving rotton people who must of stole about 15 or so pints off our table during the walk on's. Bring back the Circus Tavern. Yes it was a dump but it was good and friendly and the hotel was next door so you didn't need to be on a bus to Kings Cross with most people on board having a mass brawl.

Ohhhh James Wade!!!!!!!!!! First he winked at me during the World Champs coverage in 2006, then he touched my hand when I went to see him in Leeds, we're now only about three steps from marriage... My James Wade infatuation is going into overdrive now he's on the TV every week :D

Mark
12th February 2008, 08:29
It appears it sometimes makes you wear strangely coloured shirts :eek:

GridGirl
12th February 2008, 18:18
But you can't be a hawaii 501 fan unless you wear the shirt. :D :p

NoahsGirl
18th February 2008, 19:01
Ohhhh James Wade!!!!!!!!!! First he winked at me during the World Champs coverage in 2006, then he touched my hand when I went to see him in Leeds, we're now only about three steps from marriage... My James Wade infatuation is going into overdrive now he's on the TV every week :D

Can I be bridesmaid? Excellent come back from him against Lewis, but he wasn't playing his best.

tsarcasm
19th February 2008, 05:46
I saw that on FSN, on this side of the pond, very good tv, I love playing darts. That final round took forever to close

Spoonbender
19th February 2008, 11:03
Do you think it's time for Phil Taylor to bow out? maybe take a Hakkinen type sabatical, Jenkins wiped the floor with him last week, and he didn't look good in the world championships, I think he could do with the break.

stevie_gerrard
2nd March 2008, 00:42
I dont have sky, but when i do go down the pub they reguarly have these games on, and i do watch a bit of them.

Dont worry, the Power does still have it, i think hes got one more world championship in him before he retires. Let the living legend enjoy his time at the top while hes still there. :)

SOD
7th March 2008, 17:17
Did anyone else watch it last night. what a game between Taylor & barney. Even though I root for Barney, Taylor delivered the finest darts I have ever seen. The last 3 legs were won with a 3 dart checkout the last one on a 167 out. Incredible.