PDA

View Full Version : Racing for a cure

racingrivalsDOT
12th January 2007, 18:55
Hi everybody,

At Racing for a cure, we have various oppurtunities for people to get involved (as long as you don't mind being associated with a bright pink car!!!)

First of all, we are looking for a qualified spotter. We have a pit crew (or at least I think we do ;-)) but we are looking for people to help with the behind the scenes jobs such as hospitality, setting up the garage and packing away, promotions and sales.

The promotions team will travel to various events with the car raising money for CLIC Sargent. We hope to have a bright pink hummer to accompany the car at each event which will be auctioned off at the annual CLIC Sargent celebrity christmas ball.

The sales position is for somebody to sell small advertising spaces on the car, again with the proceeds going to CLIC Sargent. These spaces will probably be available on a race per race deal.

Information about the team

The car will be driven by radio presenter Tallboy should he pass his Rookie test. We are inviting applications from drivers who are part funded however as a back up plan. This being said, Tallboy has agreed to step aside should a suitable driver come forward.

We are still waiting for information about certain cars, but we expect to have a car in place very shortly. Duane Kidd has been very helpfull and I believe is currently negotiating with various car owners to locate us the best deal.

pickup
12th January 2007, 19:33
I was intrigued by your post, but had to search to find out that CLIC sargent is a charity raising funds for young people suffering from cancer and certainly a very worthy cause.
I hope you find the assistance you are looking for and also seeing your car on the grid this season.
GOOD LUCK.

turn 4 mad
12th January 2007, 21:25
[quote="pickup"]I was intrigued by your post, but had to search to find out that CLIC sargent is a charity raising funds for young people suffering from cancer and certainly a very worthy cause.
didnt dyson do a vacuum cleaner a couple of years back in pink with clic on it for cancer research?.

LessThanSte
12th January 2007, 21:29
Think so. We've got one :)

cgs
12th January 2007, 22:40
if i remember right, they've done lots of pink domestice appliences, including George Foreman Grills!

I may be able to help you out with video coverage both at the track and at other events if you want it.

racingrivalsDOT
13th January 2007, 01:11
Thank you to everybody for there help so far. The help from Photographers and video would also greatly be recieved.

hicksy
13th January 2007, 02:05
I will gladly offer my photography skills for the season.

Rob

Abo
13th January 2007, 16:02
Thank you to everybody for there help so far. The help from Photographers and video would also greatly be recieved.

I believe Nick Brad is looking for a team this year, if you still need a spotter?

Blue Infinity
14th January 2007, 00:40
I have photography skills on offer too.

Linda

Nick Brad
22nd January 2007, 12:39
I believe Nick Brad is looking for a team this year, if you still need a spotter?

Contacted and replied, cheers Neil.

On a side note, the baby is finally here, we a have a baby girl called Charlie Aiyesha Mackenzie born on the 17th.

hicksy
23rd January 2007, 20:28
Contacted and replied, cheers Neil.

On a side note, the baby is finally here, we a have a baby girl called Charlie Aiyesha Mackenzie born on the 17th.

Many congrats to all and welcome Charlie :wave:

ascarmarshal
24th January 2007, 17:16
I am all for this car and its support of the CLIC Sargent charity. As many of you know Mum died from cancer in October but what many of you didn't know that in the 1960's Mum was a member of Royal Choral and BBC Choral Socities and knew Sir Malcom Sargent , who was the principle conductor for both Choral Socities, very well indeed. I grew up with Mums stories of Sir Malcom and his music. He was, and still is, my musical hero and a great inspriation for any musician.

I wish the team well and I am sure Mum would have done the same if she was able to. I don't know if I will be able to work any SCSA this year. I would like to but there are various factors including emotional ones to be considered. Mums health was the main reason we stopped marshalling in August 2005.

Once again good luck to the team and the car and I hope you raise a lot of money for Sir Malcoms memorial charity

racingrivalsDOT
24th January 2007, 18:05
I'm not sure if you are aware, but the choir still lives on to this day and recently held a Christmas Cabaret in Melton Mowbray raising thousands of pounds for the charity. It was through this event that I personally became involved with the charity and hopefully we can raise some more funds for this worthwhile cause.

ascarmarshal
24th January 2007, 19:58
I know as the Royal sent someone to Mums funeral. Mum always loved doing the Carol Concerts

Nick Brad
25th January 2007, 16:17
Many congrats to all and welcome Charlie :wave:

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Nick Brad
6th February 2007, 11:52
Hi everybody,

At Racing for a cure, we have various oppurtunities for people to get involved (as long as you don't mind being associated with a bright pink car!!!)

First of all, we are looking for a qualified spotter. We have a pit crew (or at least I think we do ;-)) .....

Hi, I assume you have already signed a spotter for this season, if not and you are still interested, then reply to my pm please. I've had a couple of teams contact me before and then no follow up, (you guys know who you are,) I'm not a mind reader so I have to rely on actual communication ;)

Also for my previous driver, I left the team through a lack of communication, if you want me as a spotter this year, change a habit of a lifetime and give me a call :D

I'll check back on here when I can, but if no deals are secured within the next week, (by 13th feb,) I shall take a year out as I need time to book holidays for the race weekends, (I work sundays).

racingrivalsDOT
6th February 2007, 13:17
Hi Nick,

Sorry I haven't been around, I have one thousand and one things to do at the moment. We are currently putting together a press release, which should be out before the end of the week. I will drop you an email shortly regarding spotting.

UPDATE

Racing for a cure are launching an official members club. I've yet to discuss with SCSA, but I want to introduce a VIP club which is limited 30 members per race meeting. Included in the price is a cap and t-shirt for you and three guests, plus tickets and lunch with the team. This will take place in the paddock hospitality unit. If you commit to all five rounds, you and your guests will recieve a team fleece plus you will recieve an invite to a RFAC open day including a two seater ride.