PDA

View Full Version : Reaching out to Tony George.......

jimispeed
11th February 2008, 07:37
Champcar is a series that is a continuation of racing that has been going on for 100 years!!

Indycar is a series that is based on the Indianapolis 500, that has been enticing the greatest of drivers since 1911!!

Tony George should give great thought to this deep down in his heart, and at least try to preserve the Champcar series, along with his own.

I know what you're all going to say, but without the split in 94' this story wouldn't have to happen.

Please do the right thing Tony George!! If you're gonna own it, at least preserve it and carry it on for eternity. Fans from your own series, and Champcar will love you for acknowledging it.....

The Indy 500 will always be known as the greatest, and be one of the most sought after trophies in racing.

1996 brought back the return of the Vanderbilt Cup. But we all know that it was a celebration of what started it all.

Tony George could bring alot of Champcar fans with him if he embraced this, and didn't let Champcar just die in his hands!!

I know how much open wheel racing means to me, and I could come to terms with Tony George, if he were to do these things compassionately....

Please don't try to tear this apart.

This is truly how I feel as a fan of a series my father introduced to me back in 1978.

This series must not die, and Tony George has the power to preserve both his heritage, and Champcars'...

If Tony George becomes CEO of this venture, I hope he speaks to the media and embraces both series, the Borg Werner Trophy, and The Vanderbilt Cup.

Would he call it the Indycar World Series?

I hope so....

I hope to stay on these forums for a long time to come.

Thank you,

Jimi

infoxicated
11th February 2008, 09:02
I was actually thinking about what they'd do with The Vanderbilt Cup in the event of unification over the weekend and I figured they'd award it to the driver who scores the most points on the road & street courses.

I think that'd pretty much preserve the tradition of what CART/Champ Car has become in recent years. How else would they "preserve the tradition"?

Wraith
14th February 2008, 16:18
Perhaps a a silver base could be attached to the bottom of the Vanderbilt Cup, obviously similar to the updates made to the immortal Borg-Warner, which names the concensus national champion, or co-champions in years with splits (USAC and CART or CART and IRL, both), and it be awarded in similar fashion to the Borg-Warner at the end of the year to the "winner" of American open-wheel racing.

500 Champion, National Champion, 1/1.