PDA

View Full Version : Fiat WRC Car!!!

Maui J.
6th December 2006, 09:30
I was just browsing another Rally Forum over the last few days while this one was getting updated and came acoss this.
Apologies if this has been discussed before but it sounds very exciting.

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2006/motorsport/rally/s2000/2007_calendar/2510.html

The last paragraph is what I'm referring to in particular. It reads...

'However, as the plans for Fiat’s ambitious 2007 rally programme become clearer, news emerges that the carmaker is targeting nothing less than a return to a fully-fledged FIA World Rally Championship programme. Claudio Berro, currently responsible for the Fiat rally operation, revealed to Autosprint magazine that if the Super2000 regulations are not eventually adopted for the premier series, then Fiat will propose building a full WRC-specification machine, capable of taking their challenge right to the front. “A World Car Rally version of the Grande Punto will depend on the evolution of the regulations,” Berro recently told the magazine.'

Thanks to Martini Lancia for finding this on the other forum.

Jaanus
6th December 2006, 09:32
The news has been here bofore in the old s2000 thread, nothing new.

JAM
6th December 2006, 15:38
The news has been here bofore in the old s2000 thread, nothing new.

Yes, but I think interesting after the launch of Punto and the first rally results of the car, Fiat still be thinking in developping a WRC car.

StevoEvo
7th December 2006, 11:30
I can't see a Punto WRC for a good few yrs yet, they want a stab at S2000 first, if it's succesful then they prob would upgrade to WRC status, but if not, cant see them wasting money on the top flight if they can't cut it with the S2000 boys..
Time will tell lol :rolleyes:

JakefromWRC
22nd April 2016, 17:15
I wouldn't be surprised if they made the Fiat 500x a WRC class car.

seb_sh
22nd April 2016, 17:40
I wouldn't be surprised if they made the Fiat 500x a WRC class car.

Jake mate, you've resurrected a thread from 2006...

Zeakiwi
22nd April 2016, 22:33
There is the Fiat 124 that might be a GT class rally car. Something for Fiat to have a low key rally participation with.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/abarth-goes-back-motorsport-new-124-rally-car

N.O.T
22nd April 2016, 23:07
are you doing this on purpose ?