PDA

View Full Version : Accomodation information

Daniel
5th December 2006, 12:55
Just a thread for people to post their questions regarding finding accomodation for WRC events.

Does anyone know where the best place to stay in Ireland for the rally would be? Should hopefully have a car there so distance is not a huge issue :)

Henkie H.
5th December 2006, 17:30
We will visit Wales rally 2007 for the first time, does anyone know where the best place to stay in Wales for the rally would be? Also information about the stages are welkom.

Simmi
5th December 2006, 17:39
What I did this year seemed to work well because it was the first time I'd driven down to Wales.

Travelodge in Bridgend on the Thursday night, which only meant a 20 or so minute drive to Port Talbot on the Friday.

Then Premier Travel Inn at Merthyr Tydfill on the Friday night which puts you somewhere in the region of the second days stages, a slightly further drive but still not far.

Both of which you can book online nearer the time.

J4MIE
5th December 2006, 20:55
There is a travelodge at the M4 junction 47 which we were in for 3 nights, and it is 2.5 miles from service. Near shakedown but not near any other stages, you've got quite a drive to get to any. Avoid Cardiff at peak times at all costs.

JAMESWRC
6th December 2006, 14:20
Or you can sleep in your car like we always do. Not as comfy as a travelodge but alot cheaper.

J4MIE
6th December 2006, 15:16
Yes, I sleep in the car most of the time (including the snow at the RAC!) but sometimes a hotel makes a nice change. Especially at £10 a night :D

Daniel
6th December 2006, 15:18
Yes, I sleep in the car most of the time (including the snow at the RAC!) but sometimes a hotel makes a nice change. Especially at £10 a night :D

Yes but you're Scottish so you're less prone to frostbite surely :mark:

J4MIE
6th December 2006, 17:07
Yes but you're Scottish so you're less prone to frostbite surely :mark:

Not really, I ahte the cold more than most people! But sleeping in the back of my dad's estate car isn't too cold really - until you have to get up in the morning! :p :

Talbot
13th December 2006, 16:08
I have never, nor will I ever stay in a car overnight. B&B's/Inns/Hotels are cheap enough. You should get a decent meal/pint, plus, you get a good nights sleep, so you're not too cold and knackered the following day.
And, you get a chance to dry out wet clothing.
On one RAC rally, I heard about a guy was locked out of the car by his mates and had to spend the night in the forest after the curry and beer got to work on his intestines!

Viktory
16th December 2006, 14:23
We stayed in the car one night in Finland 2004. Something we're never doing again :p Me, my dad and my brother in a Golf, not the best sleep I've had! We stay in a tent (Finland) rent a house (ADAC Duetchland) or at home (Swedish rally)

WRCfan
19th December 2006, 01:10
Sleeping in the back of a Hiace van on rally New Zealand, 2 people, 2 50cc MX bikes (for easy acess to stages) and our bags, was rather cramped and woke up smelling like motorcross bikes!!! (oil and petrol) but certainly made it easier especially seeing as all the hotels were fully booked anyway....

Tigger9232
21st December 2006, 12:36
Hi all

For them who wants to come to Rallye Germany in 2007.
Servicepark will be back in Trier City. Not longer on Bostalsee.
Maybe if you plan to come and wanna stay near to Service, you should change to take Rooms near Trier.
We will have a Round Course too next Year.

Just a bit information

Regards
Tigger9232

Mill Park Hotel
2nd October 2007, 15:32
We still have rooms available at our hotel (donegal town, Ireland). We're not too sure what to offer guests (ie either hire a coach to take people to the stages or just let people do their own thing). Any ideas?

http//:www.millparkhotel.com (http://www.millparkhotel.com)