Page 100 of 237 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2367
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    super fair regulations under which the best guy keeps winning all the time
    So You admit the rules are not fair then.

The question I'm asking myself though is: Do I want to watch pale competition (like we had in 2017) and the world champion wins only 2 rallies, in the rest he is almost invisible. Or do I want all drivers to push their cars to the limits, something to worth watch for?
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post

The question I'm asking myself though is: Do I want to watch pale competition (like we had in 2017) and the world champion wins only 2 rallies, in the rest he is almost invisible. Or do I want all drivers to push their cars to the limits, something to worth watch for?
    You have more chances to see this drivers to push their cars to the limit with actual system. If you will make it easier for them, they will dont need to push so much.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

world champion won only 2 rallies and was invisible,with a record of less stage wins,due to didnt find the feeling with the fiesta.Not because start position.
    it wasnt the first year he was cleaning the road.

4. Likes: A FONDO (27th February 2018),steve.mandzij (27th February 2018)
    I forgot to mention that with QS the best drivers will be in (almost) equal condition. My post doesn't concern Ogier solely, but also Tanak, Neuville, Latvala, Meeke, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    You have more chances to see this drivers to push their cars to the limit with actual system. If you will make it easier for them, they will dont need to push so much.
    Sorry, but You can't push the car to the limits by cleaning the road and only risking only going off, that surely be a spectacle only for the kids. The cars and drivers now are more equal with similar road conditions, road cleaning does matter more if the cars are faster and more adjustable.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Actually not. Current rules are fair as well - simply because they are given and fixed well ahead so everyone knows how they work. They make it tougher for the leading crew for sure but for every leading crew. It doesn't matter which one it is at the given moment. They have to cope with the same conditions - and that is fair.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

8. Likes: AL14 (27th February 2018),cali (27th February 2018),dimviii (27th February 2018),dupanton (27th February 2018),PLuto (27th February 2018),Rally Hokkaido (27th February 2018)
    Liked 24 Times in 6 Posts
    Kenya Safari rally launch. https://youtu.be/Y6t1GvNPJHQ

10. Likes: Daviesalaam (27th February 2018)
    Liked 30 Times in 17 Posts
    I might be a little late to the party but I'll give my opinion on the current system vs the proposed QS.
    The first and foremost thing you have to ask yourself is do we really need this artificial excitement mentioned previously that gives the weaker drivers a chance to win?
    QS might favor the faster drivers, but it is giving the drivers a chance to fight among themselves on as fair as a playing ground it gets.
    Taking into consideration that as far as I can tell the drivers, and cars for that matter, are as equal as they've ever been, it might be the perfect time to at least consider it.
    While I agree that the current system mixes up the results and keeps it more unpredictable, I don't think we should handicap top drivers just to give the slower ones a chance to catch up.
    In rallying often things that are out of the driver's control happen which will give the younger and more inexperienced drivers a chance to raise to the occasion, even without the boost from current system.

12. Likes: EstWRC (27th February 2018)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    I think there are a couple of things we are not giving the right attention

1) Rules does not penalize always the same driver, they penalize the first crew in the general ranking.

2) Rules does not penalize always the crew who open the road. As said before Monte, Germany, Corsica, Galles, Sweden with few snow and every gravel rally with rain are an advantage for that crew. It means that in almost 5 events out of 13 there is not a penalization. It is 40% of the whole championship, it's not exceptional.
    The difference is that at these events nobody at the end of the road order is crying the hell out of him at the end of the stages.

3) As we all said Sweden was exceptional, in normal condition on gravel rallies the leading driver will sufer from road order mainly in the first 3 stages of the first leg. Friday afternoon is quite better and on saturday the situation is much more balanced. In 2014, Ogier was capable to win a lot of events with these rules, even Sardinia.

14. Likes: AnttiL (27th February 2018),COD (5th March 2018),dupanton (27th February 2018),focus206 (27th February 2018),Rally Power (27th February 2018)
    Liked 833 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    The first and foremost thing you have to ask yourself is do we really need this artificial excitement mentioned previously that gives the weaker drivers a chance to win?
    A qualifying stage is much more "artificial" than making the championship leaders drive first on the stages, since it has always been like that in rallying. In the past, instead of having the championship leader drive first, they had the previous year's winner doing so, but anyway all top drivers were at the top of the running order and the slower drivers drove after them.
    I don't mind a QS, but saying that this running order is unfair and artificial (as if it was created to make things more even, which was not) is just wrong.

16. Likes: electroliquid (27th February 2018)