Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 LastLast
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    nice photo,but who is?

Last edited by dimviii; 1st November 2017 at 16:22.

2. Likes: WRC1 (1st November 2017)
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    If I'm any judge - expect a hike in the ticket prices!
    My first thought too. Same level of income but with less hassle of speccies on stages and parked on verges. No brainer.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    nice photo,but who is?

Lappi last year, after he went wide into a tree and won the rally anyways

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

5. Likes: dimviii (1st November 2017)
    Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    I think the biggest tell as to how un-prepared/clued up they were was shakedown. Having a car park for only 500 cars then to have at least 300 motorhomes turn up and fill the place suggests they have never been to a European rally any time recently.
    Got there early-ish and no problem at all at Shakedown. I thought that with it being a great opportinuty to see the 2017 cars for the first time and each having multipe runs, the logical thing was to arrive more than an hour before the safety car. Perhaps it was laggards who where not prepared, and not the organisers.
    Last edited by tomhlord; 1st November 2017 at 17:02.

Liked 36 Times in 17 Posts
    If I'm any judge - expect a hike in the ticket prices! However the early October date next year means the rally isn't running during school holidays so less rugrattage will be in evidence. The stories of people walking miles from ticketed car parks just confirms my view of accepting the walks and avoiding the tickets
    I was lucky enough to get up to Myherin on Friday early and park in a layby on the A44 and walked in. A bit of an adventure crossing the bog and river but a 20 minute walk down a gravel road to an excellent viewing point with friendly marshalls. Doubt that will happen next year.

Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    I've got to say I massively enjoyed Rally GB this year, really loved it, certainly it was my favourite edition I've attended. Admittedly I avoided any of the traffic/parking problems by arriving very early at the two official car parks I used and walking into the other stages. Getting to do the three stages on the Saturday and a stage and be at the finish in Llandudno on Sunday were highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Whinlatter View Post
    For me Pedro Heller was this year's José Antonio Suárez, very entertaining, I saw him nearly crash a couple of times, but nowhere in the overall classification. I'm glad he took part though!

Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    I think the biggest tell as to how un-prepared/clued up they were was shakedown. Having a car park for only 500 cars then to have at least 300 motorhomes turn up and fill the place suggests they have never been to a European rally any time recently.
    Were there that many Motorhomes? I saw a good number but I wouldn't have thought there were anywhere near 300! To be fair to the organisers I think they did somewhat anticipate the shakedown car park filling up, as for the first time that I can remember the nearby lay-bys were not blocked off and the verges on the B5105 looked to have been treated/had the grass cut in preparation for people to park on them. In previous years they've been roped off and the grass left long.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Had sun and a surprising amount of 4G this year. Long may it continue!
    Indeed! The revelation or even revolution this year I found was the fairly widespread availability of 4G on EE at least. I coincidentally ended up with MrJan of this forum and other friends of him and Mintexmemory on Dyfi. From where we were I had the Rally Radio streaming for much of the morning and between Dyfi 1 & 2 we were able to watch a perfect live stream of Gartheiniog 2 on WRC+ on my phone! On Gwydyr on Sunday I had the Rally Radio going and got to watch Brenig 1 while waiting for Gwydyr to begin. After running half way back down the hill to the car after Gwydyr I was able to stream the Rally Radio in the car all the way from Betws-y-Coed to Llandudno, before watching Seb win the Championship and Elfyn win the rally on WRC+ after just parking up in the town! Brilliant stuff.

One day we'll look back at the days of not knowing what the hell was going on as a spectator and wonder how the heck we coped!

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    nice photo,but who is?
    Also looks like Lappi from 2016 to me.

9. Likes: Mintexmemory (1st November 2017)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    One day we'll look back at the days of not knowing what the hell was going on as a spectator and wonder how the heck we coped!
    You won't remember the dark days of the late 70s / early 80s before the Internet and mobile phones the only way of keeping updated was the BT event info line, updated after every stage. If you were lucky there'd be half hour evening round up on BBC. Often you didn't know who'd won the stage you had spectated until the magazines came out!
    Take it you went to the 2013 spot in Gwydyr
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

11. Likes: the sniper (1st November 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Indeed! The revelation or even revolution this year I found was the fairly widespread availability of 4G on EE at least. I coincidentally ended up with MrJan of this forum and other friends of him and Mintexmemory on Dyfi. From where we were I had the Rally Radio streaming for much of the morning and between Dyfi 1 & 2 we were able to watch a perfect live stream of Gartheiniog 2 on WRC+ on my phone!
    A definite positive, thanks for sharing! I can safely say it's the first time that I've been able to watch a live stage while sat out in a Welsh forest

13. Likes: the sniper (1st November 2017)
    You won't remember the dark days of the late 70s / early 80s before the Internet and mobile phones the only way of keeping updated was the BT event info line, updated after every stage.
    My dad was saying that he used to have to phone to get updates. Said he'd spend half the day at work on the phone

15. Likes: Mintexmemory (1st November 2017),the sniper (1st November 2017)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    9 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr

This one makes me chuckle.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

17. Likes: Aquagen (1st November 2017),pantealex (2nd November 2017),steve.mandzij (1st November 2017),the sniper (1st November 2017),tommeke_B (2nd November 2017)