Hybrid View

Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    I wanted to share some thoughts and give credit when deserved.

When Toyota annonced Latvala as team principal for 2021, my first reaction was : oho recipee for disaster. Knowing the rock solid mental stability of Latvala, i didn't see how he would be a good manager and how he would have the ability to manage the drivers...

End of his first season : 1 & 2 in the driver championship, almost guaranteed the manufacturer championship, 2 victories for the young Kalle, promising resultat for Katsuta, a team that looks well balanced, and a performing car. Hats off

Let's see if he can acheive such success next year with the new era. This will be the true test as Team Manager.

2. Likes: lancia037 (19th October 2021),Mirek (19th October 2021),pantealex (19th October 2021),Rally Hokkaido (20th October 2021),seb_sh (19th October 2021),steve.mandzij (19th October 2021)
    Liked 669 Times in 322 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    I wanted to share some thoughts and give credit when deserved.

When Toyota annonced Latvala as team principal for 2021, my first reaction was : oho recipee for disaster. Knowing the rock solid mental stability of Latvala, i didn't see how he would be a good manager and how he would have the ability to manage the drivers...

End of his first season : 1 & 2 in the driver championship, almost guaranteed the manufacturer championship, 2 victories for the young Kalle, promising resultat for Katsuta, a team that looks well balanced, and a performing car. Hats off

Let's see if he can acheive such success next year with the new era. This will be the true test as Team Manager.
    I don't think many people actually believe JML is the 'Team Principal' in the real sense of the word.

He's been hired as a media 'front man' and does a good job of that.

Anyone who thinks he's in the office preparing business plans and running budget meetings is being a bit naïve

4. Likes: Mirek (19th October 2021),pantealex (19th October 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    I don't think many people actually believe JML is the 'Team Principal' in the real sense of the word.

He's been hired as a media 'front man' and does a good job of that.

Anyone who thinks he's in the office preparing business plans and running budget meetings is being a bit naïve
    It's even said openly that they have a four person leader group with Latvala, Fowler, Lindström (and one guy from Toyota whose name I don't remember). Latvala's main role is to communicate with the drivers and give public interviews.