Hybrid View

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcco View Post
    I think this article puts things a bit out of perspective. I think Mikkelsen will get seat as soon one is available. At the mean time he just need to keep his form.
    Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. Also it doesn't look likely for this year, probably just next year. Mikkelsen is one of the drivers that could potentially beat Ogier in the future and he didn't get a drive. In short, Toyota, Ford and Citroen could have maybe fit him in but they didn't, for various reasons. I think it's too bad as he was on a very good form and I think he would have been fighting for wins almost each rally this year.

2. Likes: WUff1 (6th January 2017)
    Liked 86 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. Also it doesn't look likely for this year, probably just next year. Mikkelsen is one of the drivers that could potentially beat Ogier in the future and he didn't get a drive. In short, Toyota, Ford and Citroen could have maybe fit him in but they didn't, for various reasons. I think it's too bad as he was on a very good form and I think he would have been fighting for wins almost each rally this year.
    I agree, Mikkelesen is brilliant driver, but he is still young (27), so couple rallies or, in worst case, whole season out of WRC won't hurt him much, as long he stays smart and keeps his form and builds experience (for example with Škoda).
    Remember that VW'exit was quick and unexpected and it is naive to think that all VW drivers will find seats right away.