Threaded View

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CNR View Post
    Yeah, I've been following this with quite interest. I'm a vehement supporter of VdG in this case. I strongly believe that if you sign a contract you should have to keep to the T&C's of it unless both parties mutually agree a separation clause after signature. In this case, I'm afraid for Sauber, that they signed the contract which has now been legally upheld in both a Swiss and Australian court.Now they will find themsevles in the situation that, because Nasr and Ericsson both hold a contract as well, both those drivers may take them to court and win. They will have to pay off the drivers or run a third car. This is a mess of Sauber's own doing and that's it. I've no sympathy for them and I'm delighted that VdG won the case.

Also, this notion of safety being a concern is absolute rubbish. F1 drivers often move into cars at short notice. It's not like tomorrow morning is going to be the first lap of his career. What a desperate argument on Sauber's side. They know their Goose is cooked.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 11th March 2015 at 10:23.

2. Likes: TheFamousEccles (11th March 2015),truefan72 (11th March 2015)