Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Lukyanuk

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    Yeah that's the problem here, you are top driver in ERC when you can afford to do it with R5 nonetheless he sure has some potential.
    He hasn't achieved anything but he has been fast in almost every rally this year until mistakes/problems which led to him drop in standings.
    This year he has won 1 rally in Latvia where he did beat Rovanpera fair and square even thought being little wild and almost crashing in couple places (that were caught on a cam) but still, speed is there. He just needs to stay on road.
    Yes, fine we agree he has the speed. But not yet "top" on erc level. For me that would mean he was fighting for wins here and there by pure driving not others problems or anything. In Poland the top drivers were Luyanuk, Kajetanovich and Bouffier, in that order.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

2. Likes: Jarek Z (10th August 2017)
    Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Yes, fine we agree he has the speed. But not yet "top" on erc level. For me that would mean he was fighting for wins here and there by pure driving not others problems or anything. In Poland the top drivers were Luyanuk, Kajetanovich and Bouffier, in that order.
    Again why count Lukyanuk here, he fking crashed on stage 2? Top drivers in Poland were Bouffier, Kajetanovicz and Griebel in that order, speed wise Lukyanuk was the fastest but he only managed 1 stage. Gryazin managed to finish 5 and speed wise was on bar with Kajto and Griebel but you actually need to finish the event.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention Ostberg here but he was in fight aswell. But he can skipped as a ERC driver.
    Last edited by Essaj; 9th August 2017 at 23:58.

4. Likes: Jarek Z (10th August 2017)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Yes I meant erc drivers. So Ostberg doesn't count and probably Lukyanuk as this thread is in wrc section. But it is only virtual, we'll never know.....

EDIT: I already said my criteria for top driver, so I don't want to discuss that further. British fanboys have one criteria, others - other.
    Last edited by stefanvv; 10th August 2017 at 00:10.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    You obviously haven´t crashed a 50000 and up Euros car in a rally on places known as more than an off corner, have you? Easy to talk whithout experience from real world.
    How many of the Drivers who actually competed on Rally Rzeszow complained that the nature of the stages was unacceptable? How many said they wouldn't return? Are you more qualified to speak than the people who actually took part in the rally? Easy to talk without experience from Rally Rzeszow...

7. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (11th August 2017),Jarek Z (10th August 2017),Mirek (10th August 2017),pantealex (10th August 2017),TWRC (10th August 2017),Walach (10th August 2017)
    Liked 112 Times in 41 Posts
    Regarding Gryazin: We had same test for Rallye Weiz, he looked bloody fast there, but I knew he won´t reach the finish with this driving style. He is superlate on the brakes, what threw him straight in the forest on SS2 already. On tarmac you have rarely consistant grip level, so I think you have to learn the different rallyes even better than on gravel, specially on first pass, before you go flat out.

But talent is there, money obviously as well, so he will develop I think.

9. Likes: cali (10th August 2017),Hartusvuori (10th August 2017),Jarek Z (10th August 2017),pantealex (10th August 2017),TWRC (10th August 2017)
    Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    Shouldn´t this thread be moved to ERC forum?

11. Likes: AnttiL (10th August 2017),DonJippo (10th August 2017),Mirek (10th August 2017),pantealex (10th August 2017)
    Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Whatever the merits of Gryazin, the point I was making was that all the drivers crashing on the 'tricky sections' were NOT top drivers.

If they were then there may have been an argument that the stages were dangerous. But the top guys were all fine.

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    How many of the Drivers who actually competed on Rally Rzeszow complained that the nature of the stages was unacceptable? How many said they wouldn't return? Are you more qualified to speak than the people who actually took part in the rally? Easy to talk without experience from Rally Rzeszow...
    I can speak for drivers crashing their car. Own experience. And you heard all drivers views?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    You can speak for you crashing your car. I don't remember you crashed your car in Rzeszow, did you?

Otherwise please don't speak for someone who never asked you to do so.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

15. Likes: cali (10th August 2017),the sniper (10th August 2017)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    You can speak for you crashing your car. I don't remember you crashed your car in Rzeszow, did you?

Otherwise please don't speak for someone who never asked you to do so.
    ??? Isn´t it an open discussion going on here? Nor did anyone on this forum so ... Pls calm down.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...