Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Is anybody really expecting Haas to do much this season? There is a lot of talk but not much substance.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 191 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    Is anybody really expecting Haas to do much this season? There is a lot of talk but not much substance.
    As a Grosjean fan, I would like somebody to pop up and tell me why Haas are going to do great this year.

Unfortunately, the few mentions of Haas I've read pretty much say "don't expect anything".

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    See Lotus Racing/Caterham. There was exactly the same amount of hype about that team with no real results after years of racing. I do hope that Haas will do better. To be honest, Haas does not exactly create too much hype. They say "It will be a long road, but we will be Ferrari's B-team". On the other hand, Tony Fernandes and others of Lotus Racing had been making delusional statements like "we have a great legacy to live up to" or something like that. It's like they were hinting at the ambitions of matching the original Team Lotus. In the end, they exited F1 racing without scoring a point.
    Last edited by zako85; 30th January 2016 at 13:25.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I have to say it is incredibly silent at this time of year. In late January we used to have car launches (some of them already in mid-January), and also testing used to begin in late January.

Now there is complete silence... We have to wait till mid-February at least I think before someone blinks? How unusual...

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Lately I've been reading (Gene's words) how how F1 will advance Haas Automation, Gene seems to be changing his tune just a little as the season approaches, I think the reality of the endeavor is starting to set in. I do hope Haas is in it for the long haul.
    On a separate note, F1 salaries
    http://en.f1i.com/magazine/40044-201...salaries.html?
    May the forza be with you

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    They should be pretty good for a first year team, but i'm not sure Haas could really take much credit if they are. Dallara chassis and Ferrari tech. I'd be surprised if they don't score.

I'm surprised that the team keep talking up Gutierrez so much though like he hasn't been signed because of hus Ferrari links or Telmex money.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I hope Haas are able to step above the level of the Lotus, Virgin & Hispania when they entered. I mean maybe for year 1 that would be OK, but if they stay around for a few years they must step up and move into the lower midfield before long.

I assume Manor will be as last as always, but if Haas have a slow start Manor might have someone to race,
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 191 Times in 108 Posts
    Do we know what name Enstone/Renault will be using this coming year?

I imagine Renault will want to stick with "Lotus" until they do well, then switch to "Renault"; but has anything been announced.

[Kind of hoping for "Toleman Renault" myself.]

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Maldonado gone - WHOOP WHOOP! Hopefully he doesn't get a Manor-Mercedes drive and we can see the back of the moron.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Ding Ding the witch is dead and even better is Magnussen getting the drive
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.