Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    dull race after barmy Baku
    Nice scenery though.

Got a bit more spicy at the end there didn't it. Close between Bottas/Vettel, and Ricciardo/Hamilton. I think Stroll vs Palmer was very close for the last point too.

Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post

Bottas jumped it!
    Has that been doctored? According to what they just showed on Sky, in the first frame where there is any movement, the lights are out.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    Got a bit more spicy at the end there didn't it. Close between Bottas/Vettel, and Ricciardo/Hamilton. I think Stroll vs Palmer was very close for the last point too.
    Whilst they managed to get a little close, there just didnt seem to be any chance of a overtake. I thought this was one of the dullest races for some time.

Too many tracks designed for a time when the cars were much smaller and relied on mechanical grip.

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    Has that been doctored? According to what they just showed on Sky, in the first frame where there is any movement, the lights are out.

This is straight off the video I posted earlier, within 0.5 seconds, of the start. The replay which they had on Sky a few minutes ago, starts paused when the light on his steering wheel is green.

If you have a video editor, download the clip and go through it frame by frame. Many subtle movement are clearly visible on it, too many to be faked.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    That doesn't look real to me. I've seen a few replays and in all it seemed he didn't jump start. And they said Bottas reaction time was 0.201s. I didn't know though that jump starting can happen even when the driver starts after the lights go off if it happens a little too soon. It sounds like a ridiculous rule to me. They are trying to punish a driver for what they think happened in his head. If he is a little too fast than it means he was anticipating the moment the lights would go off. That's propesterous. If somehow there comes a driver that has unbelievable reaction times he will get punished for being out of the average specs. Keep it simple, Stupids.

On another note, who's the first to bitch about it? Who doesn't believe it wasn't a jump start, even after the race? My favorite spoilt brat.

7. Likes: truefan72 (10th July 2017)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Dull race, contrast to Austria 2016.

Where was Hulk this race? Very anonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    Where was Hulk this race? Very anonymous.
    I don't know if there was a problem, or if Renault just dropped the ball on strategy, but for whatever reason, he pitted early, came out right in front of the leaders, and immediately started getting blue flags. From there he couldn't make any progress.

Liked 1,066 Times in 598 Posts
    Renault and STR were poor this time. I thought for sure Williams would be buink but they both drove a great race to finish in the points.

Does anyone think Perelli should have gone with Soft/Medium/Hard for this race? I haven't seen tires look that bad in a long time. They all looked like they were going to split in half!
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    Does anyone think Perelli should have gone with Soft/Medium/Hard for this race? I haven't seen tires look that bad in a long time. They all looked like they were going to split in half!
    Yes, very remarkable. Drivers coped well with it though, no off-track excursions from any driver I can recall(except the havoc Kvyat caused).