Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TMorel View Post
    I'm glad there was no extra penalties but I'm not happy with the wording, "I don't believe he had any bad intentions" to me still reads as if Lewis was still a bit "naughty"
    I was hoping for a more clear cut response from The FIA and Seb himself.

As long as Lewis wins every remaining race then I can probably move on.
    Maybe if Seb loses out to Max on a few controversial manoeuvres that would help too.
    Yeah, his apology wasn't really an apology at all. He was implying that Lewis did something wrong but didn't mean to, which he didn't. Lewis did nothing wrong. Actually for that alone he should be brought before the International Tribunal as straight way he has broken his agreement with the FIA to take full public responsibility. It shows that he doesn't take the FIA seriously and, of course, why should he after them bottling it like they did.

I don't understand how any true F1 fan could be happy with this result or glad that he wasn't punished more. Lewis isn't going to win all the remaining races and now Vettel pretty much has been given a clean slate to do what he wants. It has never been more clearer than in this instance that the FIA bottled it under political pressure here.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 4th July 2017 at 08:11.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I am leaning to the view that Vettel probably should have been disqualified from the Baku GP. I personally could care less, what they shout on the team radio, but if you act like that on the track it is a completely different matter. Combined with complete denial after the race, it is a bad enough offence for me to re-consider, who to actually support in F1. This season won't be the same any more for me.

3. Likes: Big Ben (4th July 2017),driveace (4th July 2017),Tazio (4th July 2017),truefan72 (4th July 2017)
    Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    Yes I was being flippant.

I wasn't happy with just the stop-n-go at the time and I'm not glad with yesterday's result, not because I wanted an eye for an eye but because I wanted facts. I wanted a proper line in the sand to be drawn.
    They were never going to give an appropriate punishment. I'm so tired and weary of them, really really effing tired and weary of the FIA's judiciary process.

I was more worried they were somehow going to make this into a bizarre blame of Lewis or worse, give a totally over the top punishment to Seb that actually wasn't appropriate.

But yes, I'm also glad he wasn't punished more because now it's done. That's the end.
    And for that I'm glad because otherwise this would drag on all year (still will, but I can deal with this way, couldn't cope with any more making Seb the victim - I can't look at the Autosport forums as it is, makes me sick to think of the response any other result would have meant)

But if I am complete honest, I still think some of Max's racing manoeuvres were worse.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    This is a really good article which pretty much sums up my feelings on the issue:

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...-baku-reprieve

6. Likes: andyone (5th July 2017)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Those disappointed by this decision should remember a few things here .

Firstly , it is no small thing for Sebastian and his team to go through all this embarrassment .
    He made a fool of himself in front of the world .

Then , he and his team handled it all really poorly .
    Again , fools .

It was also , in a tight race season , a stupid distraction they didn't need , so that will hurt them as well .

And , one other thing for Vettel to think about is how hard to go into the fight now , with any more points loss meaning exclusion .
    Will others take advantage of this ? I think it's pretty likely .

So , while there was no further sanction , he(they) didn't get away totally unscathed .

8. Likes: Mia 01 (4th July 2017),zako85 (4th July 2017)
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Yeah, his apology wasn't really an apology at all. He was implying that Lewis did something wrong but didn't mean to, which he didn't. Lewis did nothing wrong. Actually for that alone he should be brought before the International Tribunal as straight way he has broken his agreement with the FIA to take full public responsibility. It shows that he doesn't take the FIA seriously and, of course, why should he after them bottling it like they did.

I don't understand how any true F1 fan could be happy with this result or glad that he wasn't punished more. Lewis isn't going to win all the remaining races and now Vettel pretty much has been given a clean slate to do what he wants. It has never been more clearer than in this instance that the FIA bottled it under political pressure here.
    After reviewing the incident, I think Vettel deserved some kind of punishment, up to and including being fully disqualified from that race. But perhaps the race stewards went easy on him because this happened under yellow.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    So , while there was no further sanction , he(they) didn't get away totally unscathed .
    Indeed. Hamilton is now riding on a white horse, while Vettel revealed himself as a Maldonado wanna-be. Does anyone remember how Maldonado tried to ram his car into Hamilton's some time at the end of a qualifying session in 2011, or was it in 2012?

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I'm not sure if they reached this verdict because the FIA is partial when it comes to Ferrari or because they are lazy and they can't be bothered with all the fuss that was about to come, neither is an acceptable reason anyway. Very disappointing

12. Likes: driveace (4th July 2017)
    Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TBK
    This is a really good article which pretty much sums up my feelings on the issue:

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...-baku-reprieve
    . A pretty good read. I've decided after thoughtful consideration that Vettel's punishment should be disqualified from the race. Their is no other proper sanction IMO period
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggy
    Those disappointed by this decision should remember a few things here .

Firstly , it is no small thing for Sebastian and his team to go through all this embarrassment .
    He made a fool of himself in front of the world .

Then , he and his team handled it all really poorly .
    Again , fools .

It was also , in a tight race season , a stupid distraction they didn't need , so that will hurt them as well .

And , one other thing for Vettel to think about is how hard to go into the fight now , with any more points loss meaning exclusion .
    Will others take advantage of this ? I think it's pretty likely .

Baggy you've proposed Freudian psychological affect on Fettel and his team. I don't think those really affect sociopaths, which is the behavior he has exhibited. He needs, and deserves real sanction.

Last edited by Tazio; 4th July 2017 at 15:21.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Both drivers are guilty in this "incident", but someone had to start it.