Page 77 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    It's always tragic when parents lose a child. The only thing worse is if the parents are somehow culpable, eg a car crash with father driving.
    Was he their only son?
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    They also have a daughter and were a beautiful happy family. They moved in the house next to me a few years ago. We weren't close friends but we used to greet and sometimes I talked with his mother esp. about their cat ( remember Tina?). I knew the boy studied architecture and sang in a rock band. The band repeated in their basement but I never knew the band name. When the fire was announced on TV I instantly thought of his band but then I googled the name of the band that sang on the club and was relieved that his name wasn't among them. Never thought he was a friend of them and even made the video for their single. On weekend I noticed some weird moves at my neighbour's gate but didn't care. Even saw his dad and said hello but he didn't say anything about the incident. The news came today when my brother called me at work saying he thinks that a boy with our neighbour's name died in a hospital in Birmingham. It was like a thunder hit me, I realized it was him and burst in tears. Life is so unfair..... He didn't deserve such suffering, his skin was seriously burnt and so were his respiratory organs. But my biggest concern at the moment is his parents. I wish they'll be strong enough to overcome this. They're probably destroyed after so many days of uncertainty, maybe they hoped that by sending him to UK he'd get a chance.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    No. It was a terrible incident.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    I know I shouldn't offer advice unasked. But I feel with your excellent English could be of great help to your neighbours. I suggest you offer your condolences and offer to act as interpreter/translator if they need any help.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    I'll just pray for them.

I'm sorry to hear about this tragedy.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Dear ISIS,
    If you are responsible for the attacks on Paris, why do you think that anyone in the world is likely to be sympathetic to your cause?
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    They're not at all concerned with who sympathizes with them. You either agree with their point of view or you lose your head... literally. One would think that any "club" that requires you to be willing to strap on a bomb filled vest wouldn't have many members. But oddly enough, a good many people travel great distances to join up. And for those with radical views, what happened in Paris will likely be a very effective recruitment tool.

Crazy world...
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    They're not at all concerned with who sympathizes with them. You either agree with their point of view or you lose your head... literally. One would think that any "club" that requires you to be willing to strap on a bomb filled vest wouldn't have many members. But oddly enough, a good many people travel great distances to join up. And for those with radical views, what happened in Paris will likely be a very effective recruitment tool.

Crazy world...
    There's only one solution to that kind of fanaticism. Send the free world's armies in and kill them all. No prisoners.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

9. Likes: Storm (17th November 2015)
    Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    There's only one solution to that kind of fanaticism. Send the free world's armies in and kill them all. No prisoners.
    I am usually totally against this sort of action as a response, but I kind of agree Starter. These are not people, they are rabid dogs and cowards. The leaders hide in holes half a world away and have other misdirected, brainwashed plebs do their bidding. The sooner the world is free of them the better.

To the people of Paris. Stay strong the World is with you.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    On a different note (and seemingly unimportant compared with above) Final exams start today...HURRAY!