Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1426
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Just... wow. Hard to say anything.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhm View Post
    Colin Clark's thoughts on Rally Poland:
    https://www.facebook.com/voiceofrall...85065031656162
    This guy is such a bullshitter. He's shocked! Shocked, I say! By spectator behavior that was considered extremely tame just a decade ago. Like honestly, give me a break.

Kicking Poland out of the WRC is obviously a scheme to get another rally in its place that is favored for commercial reasons. I don't know which, but odds are it will be a huge mistake.

Poland has actual rally fans. Every time you treat the fans like crap, you weaken the sport. Every time you make the show worse in exchange for some marginal improvement in safety, you weaken the sport. And make no mistake, this is a sport that is extremely weak right now. It's getting better, but still in critical shape.

There's some unbelievable arrogance among the teams, the promoter, and the FIA rally people. They must be under the impression that they're running F1. But they aren't.

Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    This guy is such a bullshitter. He's shocked! Shocked, I say! By spectator behavior that was considered extremely tame just a decade ago. Like honestly, give me a break.

Kicking Poland out of the WRC is obviously a scheme to get another rally in its place that is favored for commercial reasons. I don't know which, but odds are it will be a huge mistake.

Poland has actual rally fans. Every time you treat the fans like crap, you weaken the sport. Every time you make the show worse in exchange for some marginal improvement in safety, you weaken the sport. And make no mistake, this is a sport that is extremely weak right now. It's getting better, but still in critical shape.

There's some unbelievable arrogance among the teams, the promoter, and the FIA rally people. They must be under the impression that they're running F1. But they aren't.
    How is a huge accident with fans killed and injured going to strengthen this 'weak' sport ? It will do the opposite and end up with another ban.

I attended rallies in the UK in the 1980's with Group B cars and they were awesome. But the fans watched from safe places and there was no problem.

Group B was banned after the idiots in other countries wouldn't behave. Driver's refused to continue on some events because of the danger. Ultimately fans were killed, and drivers.

No-one wants that again !
    #M-SPORTER

4. Likes: AnttiL (8th July 2017),JUF (8th July 2017),pantealex (9th July 2017),PLuto (8th July 2017),steve.mandzij (8th July 2017),tommeke_B (8th July 2017)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    This guy is such a bullshitter. He's shocked! Shocked, I say!
    I would say the same of you

6. Likes: Mirek (8th July 2017),steve.mandzij (8th July 2017),WRC1 (8th July 2017)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JUF View Post
    As we see here, things like in Poland can also happen in circuit racing in Germany : https://twitter.com/GirlsLikeRacing/...00143994634240 I´m pretty sure she would have died here .
    some years back a group of low life degenerate chavs in a golf entered the brands hatch circuit while a race went on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp1lF0bmBCw

and in typical british autism fashion the driver just got a slap on the wrist....

Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    NZ has fans... many rally fans and compared to Australians they actually know the sport
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

9. Likes: smokingjoe (9th July 2017)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Kiwis are hardcore. Just look at the NZ rally series. They have a ton of small manufacturers sponsoring AP4 spec rally machines which are similar to R5 but a bit more open. Mazda, Toyota, Mini, Holden and a few others running that series. Entries are usually close to triple digits. Another reason why we will most likely move out of Sydney for New Zealand. They love Motorsport and they have gravel roads for days which are always open to the public for testing. Rally paradise playground! Kiwis are also the nices most respectful people I've come across in all my travels.

11. Likes: JUF (8th July 2017),smokingjoe (9th July 2017)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I watched the highlights clip on a train trip and noticed that there were absolutely no footage or mention of Lefebvre or Hänninen. Also, Evans and Østberg were only covered in an aerial special and Mikkelsen only on two of his four offs on the rally. Is this a message to the teams? Win it or bin it, or be no one? As much as I've disliked Lefebvre, his clean drive was worth a mention. The clipping of the fence pole would have been spectacular but perhaps FIA doesn't want that to be emphasized, as it's basically dangerous?

13. Likes: mknight (8th July 2017),steve.mandzij (8th July 2017)
    Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    WRC TV coverage is generally so poor that they dont convey the true speed and excitement of the sport.

Hence the official event 'highlights' are mainly a collection of clips of accidents & breakdowns in an attempt to be interesting.

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Hanninen rarely gets a mention. To be honest all the WR drivers are extremely talented and should get decent air time. Leferve should have also received some air time considering he was the fastest Citroen and his car did not inlude any jokers... that's an interesting story by itself.

Wonder how many chances Hanninen has before he's on the cutting block. Does anyone think he can recover this late in that season? Will a few podiums secure his seat for next year?