Page 123 of 523 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 5230
    Liked 5,528 Times in 2,289 Posts
    http://www.marca.com/motor/rallies/2...3338b45ab.html

He was always a lynx for business. Last winter, before the advent of a new era , invested with more zeal than ever in the development of the new Fiesta WRC , to try to return his team to the posts of honor of the World Cup that had occupied in the past, under the halo Of Ford.

A year after beginning its evolution, Malcolm Wilson can already proclaim to the four winds that his bet, once more, has been winner to him. After fulfilling his personal challenge to recruit Sébastien Ogier , the Englishman is living a dreamy season, with the four-time World Champion at his side, and an innate talent, in a state of grace , like Ott Tänak, for which he always Bet

While negotiating fiercely to try to recover the halo of official equipment, M-Sport's capo faces the final stretch of the championship with many ballots to seal, within three months, a historic doublet (drivers and constructors) against the pleiade of Factory teams involved in the World Cup.

Question. In the past, he tried twice to unsuccessfully sign Ogier. What operation did you devise last winter to finally incorporate it?

A: "Obviously, it was a completely different situation than the previous ones." Suddenly, when Volkswagen announced that he was leaving, he gave us the opportunity, I had the feeling that it was an opportunity that I could not afford to let go of. We would not be able to continue the same way the following year, but I wanted to do it for a year, because I felt it was an incredible opportunity for us to have the best driver in the world on board. Having done so is an operation that has had a great influence on the whole team. It remains to be seen what happens in the future. "

Q. What do you think the spectacular evolution that Tänak is having this year?

A: "It is a sum of factors, partly because of the material we are giving it, because of the growing experience it has ... But I must also say that when you listen you realize the great influence that Sébastien is exerting I told Ott and Elfyn very clearly at the start of the season: "You need to look at what you do, learn all you can and listen to the best driver in the world." I think that combination of experience, material, In turn, having Sébastien on the team now is basically what has determined the turn Ott needed to give Ott to do what he is doing right now. "

Q. What is it like working with Ogier?

A: "It's very, very gratifying ... It's very ... very demanding, but, in the end, I have to say that it has basically made all the staff on our team more eager." We knew we could do the job, but when You have someone with a record behind them like Sébastien who gets involved in the team, makes everyone concentrate or try a little more. It was what we needed to be in the position we are now.

Q. When he shared a team with him at Volkswagen, Luis Moya said that it reminded him a lot of Carlos Sainz. Do you subscribe to that opinion?

A: "Yes! [Laughs] To be honest, they are very, very, very similar.

Q. In the last decade, he has worked with great talents such as Marcus Grönholm, Mikko Hirvonen, Jari-Matti Latvala, Thierry Neuville ... Is Ogier the best driver to have been on his team?

A: "It's certainly one of the most professional, that's indisputable." "Yes ... He's doing a fantastic job." "Well ... there are three rallies left, let's see if we can win the championship."

Q. Why do you think Tänak is being more competitive lately than he is?

A: "Basically, Ott has been living with this car since the first minute he started rolling in. And it's been a very important part of his development, I think he also feels that this car was designed for him. He was very influential at the beginning, in the tests, asking for exactly what he wanted, which has given him a great deal of encouragement, there is nothing like confidence for a pilot to be able to do his best. That all that process is what it is bringing out right now. "

Q. Do you mean that you have adapted to the Fiesta better than Ogier?

A: "'Seb' found what we already had The news of his joining the team came with very little time We tried to give him as many tests as possible but he was not involved in the development of the car , He was not able to live with him, but that's the reason, it's also true that Ott is undoubtedly evolving very well this season. "

Q. Which of the two has more future in your team?

A: "I do not know. I would like to keep all the drivers I have on the team, but we will see how things are going and what happens at the end."

P. Teemu Suninen has also made the Fiesta shine this season. It was his best standard bearer in the Mil Lakes. Do you also intend to hire it?

A: "I'm impressed with him, being honest, he's one of the guys I worked with who impressed me the most, I'd like to find a way to have him in one of our cars next season, yes."

Q. How are your negotiations with Ford? Do you see it feasible to regain official team status?

A: "I do not know ... It's something we're working on, and hopefully we can find a way to make it happen, but for now, we're not in that position. Ford, to see what happens ... I know exactly what I need to be up to an official team.I am aware that we do not need much to be on the same level as them.But also tell you that, right now, My priority is the business.I have a company with 300 workers and I must focus on that.continuing to keep the equipment and investing a year more as I am doing this season, would be crazy.

Q. What do you think of Nil Solans? Can you have a future in M-Sport?

A: "Next year he will be making a number of WRC2 rallies with us as a reward for the victories he is making. We will see how he can adapt to an R5 in the World Championship. Seen, and their performance is being good. Why not think beyond? ... ".

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    P. Teemu Suninen has also made the Fiesta shine this season. It was his best standard bearer in the Mil Lakes. Do you also intend to hire it?

A: "I'm impressed with him, being honest, he's one of the guys I worked with who impressed me the most, I'd like to find a way to have him in one of our cars next season, yes."
    This is news, since Suninen himself said before germany that "he has not heard anything".

The whole spirit of the last part is that he will let Ogier go and turn to "business".

Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    exactly, doesnt sound good at all about future. i am very worried about the lineup of this team next year.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

4. Likes: pantealex (24th August 2017)
    No. What he said was that will not sacrify his emplooyes.

Google translation sucks

He said: A finales de septiembre tendremos una reunión con la gente de Ford. A ver qué pasa...

In english: We will have a meet with Ford in final of September. Let's see what happens"

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    This is news, since Suninen himself said before germany that "he has not heard anything".

The whole spirit of the last part is that he will let Ogier go and turn to "business".
    Even though Sunninen is fast he has a way to go before he can be a factory driver. Media training is one part of it, so i would give him a year to get things sorted.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

8. Likes: pantealex (24th August 2017)
    Media training? Why?

Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    Google translation sucks

He said: A finales de septiembre tendremos una reunión con la gente de Ford. A ver qué pasa...

In english: We will have a meet with Ford in final of September. Let's see what happens"

okay that changes the game a lot then...lost in translation like they say.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Try it in estonian. I understand spanish cause is identical to Portuguese.

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Media training? Why?
    Some rather negative and awkward interviews, I've seen how relaxed he is in Finish so it will come when he gets more confident and used to the pressure.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

13. Likes: pantealex (24th August 2017)