Page 143 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1559
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    mexicans... whats their use apart from selling drugs to the US ?

whats the point of having that chicane there is you do not fill the barriers with sand or water or something that will at least show some retention ?

and ogiers penalty is justified... 10 seconds is of course not the amount of time ogier gained but you penalise the infringement, you do not try and do justice.
    while i agree with the penalty,i have a feeling that this penalty had to do with more than this case on moving the obstacles..
    also the organisers while they have inform after 1st pass all drivers,they still have at 2nd pass empty without water.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Penalty's are not supposed to correlate with time gained. They are intended to punish for wrongdoing. A 0,5 seconds false start gives you also 10 seconds penalty.
    Fair enough. Your reasoning is actually right. I was thinking that cutting for mistake and on purpose could have a different treatment but that would imply a total mess whenever someone do something wrong.

whats the point of having that chicane there is you do not fill the barriers with sand or water or something that will at least show some retention ?

and ogiers penalty is justified... 10 seconds is of course not the amount of time ogier gained but you penalise the infringement, you do not try and do justice.
    I'm curious: is there a nationality in the world that is not filled of idiots and/or retarded and/or autistic people in your view?

4. Likes: KiwiWRCfan (12th March 2018)
    Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    I'm curious: is there a nationality in the world that is not filled of idiots and/or retarded and/or autistic people in your view?
    The Republic of N.O.T, population: 1?
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

6. Likes: AL14 (12th March 2018),janvanvurpa (12th March 2018),KiwiWRCfan (12th March 2018),steve.mandzij (12th March 2018)
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts

Like I said earlier; if the chicanes had had sand or water or something in them to make them sturdy but not dangerous this wouldn't have been so big of an issue. Maybe even concrete blocks or tyre walls could have been better.

Liked 105 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Like I said earlier; if the chicanes had had sand or water or something in them to make them sturdy but not dangerous this wouldn't have been so big of an issue. Maybe even concrete blocks or tyre walls could have been better.
    Chicanes are always a tricky thing to manage. If you fill them with sand or water in order to try and keep them in place, and then a competitor hits them knocking them out of place, it is impossible to quickly get them back in place. Normally there should be clear penalties listed for hitting chicane elements. Finland did this last year and all of the competitors knew what the penalty was for ignoring an element of the chicane. Ogier asked before stage start what the penalty was for hitting it and it is normal for a driver/team to try and find every advantage and then take it if they think the reward is greater than the penalty. It's also why stewards are present on every event. It's impossible to write a set of rules that covers every possible scenario so when things happen that fall outside a defined area in the rules, then a person must step in and make a ruling on the legality and or punishment for the incident. Every single infraction is different with different outcomes, context, etc. and it requires experienced, knowledgeable people to interpret the situation and make a ruling. Sometimes they get it wrong and there is an appeals process. This is how it should be IMO. I think the organizers could have potentially avoided this situation if they made it more clear by listing penalties for displacing a chicane element but that is water under the bridge now and hindsight is always 20/20.
    Last edited by OHL; 12th March 2018 at 17:17.

9. Likes: AnttiL (12th March 2018),Rally Hokkaido (13th March 2018),Rallyper (12th March 2018),steve.mandzij (12th March 2018)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Asked to describe his rally, Meeke told Autosport: "It's been shite. S.H.I.T.E. Too many errors from me this weekend.

"I had the car, I had the road position and the pace to win and I wasn't able to convert it.

"I'm frustrated as hell, but if I'm frustrated as hell with third place that's not a bad sign. I've got no excuses here."

Loeb; Assessing his performance, Loeb said his frontrunning pace had been a "nice surprise".

"I obviously had no certainty about my level, bearing in mind that everyone is fighting over tenths of a second, and that it doesn't take much to find yourself left behind a little bit," said Loeb, who will also contest next month's Tour of Corsica for Citroen.

"So it was a nice surprise to be on the pace! I'm just a bit frustrated that I wasn't able to test myself properly against the others right to the end because of the puncture.

"In any case, it was a very good weekend and that was the initial aim of this comeback.

"I hope I can now go on to get a good result in Corsica, even though I'll still have quite a few things to refamiliarise myself with."

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...co-performance

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Can't believe you have written so much about that. Chicanes must be respected and 10 seconds is pretty fair penalty. That he loses points is a consequence. Harsh, but next time he (and others) will know it should be avoided.

12. Likes: HaCo (12th March 2018),steve.mandzij (12th March 2018)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    very good question !!! these are the kind of questions i like...

and to answer that.... No, not really. Italians would be nice, if you did not talk too much, weren't that annoying in public, were actually useful to have as an ally in a war, your women shaved more often and you did not dub your movies in italian ( Nothing more anticlimatic and hilarious than Darth vader sounding like supermario).

14. Likes: AL14 (12th March 2018),cali (12th March 2018),EstWRC (12th March 2018),Norm75 (12th March 2018),steve.mandzij (12th March 2018)
    very good question !!! these are the kind of questions i like...

and to answer that.... No, not really. Italians would be nice, if you did not talk too much, weren't that annoying in public, were actually useful to have as an ally in a war, your women shaved more often and you did not dub your movies in italian ( Nothing more anticlimatic and hilarious than Darth vader sounding like supermario).
    haha we can be worse than that sometimes but I can agree except for the women, I fear you just made some bad choice with italian women, or maybe they were too old but I respect every taste.
    Last edited by AL14; 12th March 2018 at 18:27.

16. Likes: cali (12th March 2018),Mintexmemory (13th March 2018)