Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    All four stewards agreed on Max's penalty .
    Charlie had nothing to do with any of the decisions during the race .

Maybe this will bring more discussion over track boundaries .
    I hope it does .

2. Likes: Mia 01 (28th October 2017)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Baggie, Charlie reports the incident to be investigated to the stewards, so yeah he does have something to do with it.

The most concerning thing here is that Charlie actually believes there is consistency from the Stewards when there is anything but. I can't understand how the man has kept his job for so long. Changes his mind every race and even during races. He is awful for the sport - and that's not to mention his not wanting the drivers to race in the rain.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 27th October 2017 at 15:06.

Liked 1,068 Times in 599 Posts
    I really don't know how to fix this as I always believe these decisions are political in some way; although we thought that had ended when Alan Donnelly was finally canned.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Baggie, Charlie reports the incident to be investigated to the stewards, so yeah he does have something to do with it.

The most concerning thing here is that Charlie actually believes there is consistency from the Stewards when there is anything but. I can't understand how the man has kept his job for so long. Changes his mind every race and even during races. He is awful for the sport - and that's not to mention his not wanting the drivers to race in the rain.
    Charlie reports that there has been a protest by one of the teams , doesn't he ?
    Thus , not really his decision , or am I wrong about this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Charlie reports that there has been a protest by one of the teams , doesn't he ?
    Thus , not really his decision , or am I wrong about this ?
    Actually, I don't know now. Christian Horner was asked this to question on Sky today about the stewards and he didn't know what process was followed i.e did Charlie report it to the Stewards or stewards pick it up themselves - and if he doesn't know it just emphasises how shambolic the whole system is really.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Actually, I don't know now. Christian Horner was asked this to question on Sky today about the stewards and he didn't know what process was followed i.e did Charlie report it to the Stewards or stewards pick it up themselves - and if he doesn't know it just emphasises how shambolic the whole system is really.
    I would think that Ferrari would have protested right away to Charlie , who would then have sent it to the stewards , if they were not already looking at it .
    Christian is a little biased in this situation , remember , and casting doubt on the process suits his agenda .

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    I would think that Ferrari would have protested right away to Charlie , who would then have sent it to the stewards , if they were not already looking at it .
    Christian is a little biased in this situation , remember , and casting doubt on the process suits his agenda .
    To be fair, I agree with Christian in this situation. He agrees that oer the rule book it's a penalty that was deserved but that there is no consistency. And he is right.