Page 10 of 227 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Mikkelsen due to below text from Citroen need to test and work with, for him new engineers, to get the set-up of car and chemistry with the engineers to improve pace.
    Maybe to get an appartment close to HQ, to be at Citroen Racing HQ to speed up the team bonding prosess would be a good idea.

Andreas' approach has been constructive and positive. Following the day of pre-event testing, we knew that the C3 WRC would need to be adapted to his driving style, which doesn't involve left-foot braking at all. Clearly, that takes time and so this rally became something of a prolonged test session. More than the actual result – eighth overall – we think we did some good work together. He managed to identify the points we need to work on first and foremost, and to achieve some initial improvements."

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    I cant see Citroen in WRC at this rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by [RMC]Pip View Post
    After this move by Citroen, I just can't see Meeke in WRC overall next season. Very unfortunate, a likeable driver who is always a pleasure to watch driving. Too bad he bins it way too often.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Maybe their budget can't stand another Meeke crash?

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Dani Sordo
    Sad to see that @krismeeke will not be in Poland. I am sure that Finland will be the Meeke of truth! All my friend Apollo!

5. Likes: KKS (11th June 2017)
    Liked 76 Times in 38 Posts
    I think this is another way of saying, "Enough is Enough Kris" Bloody shame, he's sadly not as good as his mentor !!!

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Funny how everyone is jumping on Meeke when he was the only one with decent results this season in that car, a win in Mexico and he should have had two if the car didn't break down in Corsica. Whatever, let's see If Mikkelsen turns that car around.

8. Likes: spark13 (12th June 2017)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Not totally surprising news - I still find it disappointing. Yes, he's made mistakes - but he's not helped by the car having major issues. Finishing 5,6,7th place is of no use to Citroen as they'll learn nothing for the future. He's the only Citroen driver to show rally winning pace. What will Lefebvre offer? Lower Top 10 pace - if he doesn't bin it. Mikkelsen is still getting to know the car, but you would expect improvement - but rally challenging pace?? Hmm....wait and see...

However, if Kris comes back in Finland refreshed and performs well; then it was the right decision....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

10. Likes: Simmi (11th June 2017)
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Not totally surprising news - I still find it disappointing. Yes, he's made mistakes - but he's not helped by the car having major issues. Finishing 5,6,7th place is of no use to Citroen as they'll learn nothing for the future. He's the only Citroen driver to show rally winning pace. What will Lefebvre offer? Lower Top 10 pace - if he doesn't bin it. Mikkelsen is still getting to know the car, but you would expect improvement - but rally challenging pace?? Hmm....wait and see...

However, if Kris comes back in Finland refreshed and performs well; then it was the right decision....
    Completely agree with this. I just think with 7 offs in 7 rallies though you're in such unprecedented territory - it kind of demands action. Like in any job, you can be full of potential but if you mess up that badly, that many times... I don't think Citroen can be blamed. Like others have said they are painfully aware of what they have in Lefebvre. This is maybe just a bit of a mercy move for Kris.

Would be gutting if Meeke has thrown his career away here and doesn't get a drive next year. Again though you can let Kris off on a couple of these accidents. What I found slightly worrying was that he didn't admit to making mistakes in Sweden and Argentina. He just blamed these on car issues. And I'll say it again for the tenth time, having an ill-handling car doesn't excuse you from rolling it into a ball every rally.

If Meeke can find a way to reset then I hope this break helps him. Get him an R5 car and send him to Ypres or something!
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

12. Likes: AndyRAC (11th June 2017),BigWorm (11th June 2017),TWRC (12th June 2017),WUff1 (12th June 2017)
    Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    Andreas is definitely logical for Poland, with his proven ability there he had to be in the car. And they have no reason to bench Breen who is doing the best with a bad lot. They may well have felt they couldn't bench Lefebvre two rallies in a row, plus this is that one really large warning bell for Meeke to sort his sh*t out and learn to balance his approach when he can't keep up for whatever reason.

But I think that Citroen press release tells us something more interesting:

"Andreas' approach has been constructive and positive. Following the day of pre-event testing, we knew that the C3 WRC would need to be adapted to his driving style, which doesn't involve left-foot braking at all".

Andreas doesn't left foot brake. Surely he has to be the only top line driver who doesn't? Seems very unusual in this era of cars and gearboxes, I can't understand why he wouldn't...?

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkvy View Post
    Andreas is definitely logical for Poland, with his proven ability there he had to be in the car. And they have no reason to bench Breen who is doing the best with a bad lot. They may well have felt they couldn't bench Lefebvre two rallies in a row, plus this is that one really large warning bell for Meeke to sort his sh*t out and learn to balance his approach when he can't keep up for whatever reason.

But I think that Citroen press release tells us something more interesting:

"Andreas' approach has been constructive and positive. Following the day of pre-event testing, we knew that the C3 WRC would need to be adapted to his driving style, which doesn't involve left-foot braking at all".

Andreas doesn't left foot brake. Surely he has to be the only top line driver who doesn't? Seems very unusual in this era of cars and gearboxes, I can't understand why he wouldn't...?
    He obviously uses his left fot to brake, what they mean is brake and throttle at the same time to stabilize the car in certain corners. If you have a well balanced car you shouldn't need it.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net