Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    Although it may look this way, your posts did not inspire my half-drunken post. It's everywhere! That particular day, and previously, I was reading a post of Jalopnik.com, and I was irritated. That's why I came up with that hypothesis.
    It could be because certain members of the IRL contingent spent an inordinate amount of time and IMS resources trashing CART AND CCWS so that they left no room for fans of those two entities to become fans of what followed. P!$$ on IMS.
    Last edited by bugeyedgomer; 25th August 2015 at 21:43.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bugeyedgomer View Post
    It could be because certain members of the IRL contingent spent an inordinate of time and IMS resources trashing CART AND CCWS so that they left no room for fans of those two entities to become fans of what followed. P!$$ on IMS.
    And none of that traveled the other way, right?
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Not until NOW. That is why NASCAR is in talks to absorb the decaying rectangle that a million gallons of Sherwin-Williams paint can't cover and your IRL will look like a night race at the county fair. How will you like Thursday night racing before the Friday night truck series, the Saturday Xfinity series, and the Sunday big race. That's what the IRL did for you.

Not until NOW. That is why NASCAR is in talks to absorb the decaying rectangle that a million gallons of Sherwin-Williams paint can't cover and your IRL will look like a night race at the county fair. How will you like Thursday night racing before the Friday night truck series, the Saturday Xfinity series, and the Sunday big race. That's what the IRL did for you.
    You assume much too quickly which side I preferred. I just am objective enough to realize that there was plenty of blame to go around.
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I blame Facebook. Seriously. All of the forums here and at other sites seem to be WAY down on activity. People still talk about racing and what not, but they seem to be doing it from that annoying, intrusive, piece of spyware, called Facebook. On an F1 forum (not this one) that I lurk, I've noticed that the great majority of the posts are (somehow) coming in via Facebook. Maybe Mark could look into that. But none of the forums here have anything even close to the activity that they did when I first came here... 15+ years ago. Wow, time be a flyin'.

As for why I don't post on the Indy car forum any longer, it's because I have little to no interest in the series. I try to keep up with how my old favorite driver, Juan Montoya, is doing in the championship. But I just look up the results on Bing News. And once I get the results, I go on about my business. I generally just have nothing to say about the series because I'm just not engaged any longer. I'm only here today because of the terrible tragedy involving Justin Wilson.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The death of open wheel racing was predictable from the beginning of Tony George's take over. There is only one place for the blame.

The death of open wheel racing was predictable from the beginning of Tony George's take over. There is only one place for the blame.
    I'd give Mr. George something more than 50% of the blame, but the CART owners for sure didn't cover themselves with glory in the whole, sad, debacle. Talk about killing the golden goose - all concerned shared in that.
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    I'd give Mr. George something more than 50% of the blame, but the CART owners for sure didn't cover themselves with glory in the whole, sad, debacle. Talk about killing the golden goose - all concerned shared in that.
    All the gomers in Moron County Indianner were giddy with the prospect of being the opened wheeled version of NASCAR cause that's all open wheel racing was ever meant to be.

The CART owners did the responsible thing for their business, they just didn't count on the drunk mother to continue signing all the checks for drug addled son

Admin
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In general all the comments have some element of truth. But it all started when Anton split the sport. Make no mistake about it - the IndyCar fan base has been decimated.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    In general all the comments have some element of truth. But it all started when Anton split the sport. Make no mistake about it - the IndyCar fan base has been decimated.
    Nice to see you posting here again. It's been a while.
    -- Smokey Stover