Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 1,066 Times in 598 Posts
    Fernando.
    He is going to win every single race this year!
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

2. Likes: Mia 01 (1st June 2017)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
    I think Vettel is the favourite. A very interesting season to watch so far. Incidentally, I'm glad to see Bottas doing well too.

Regarding Hamilton, I don't know if this has been mentioned before (I expect it has) as I haven't been reading the threads recently, but I think that he hasn't got his head straight this year. The first clear sign of that was before the racing had even started when he announced that he wasn't using a fitness trainer this year (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/39410617), which I thought was a bit odd, and said rather a lot about his frame of mind.
    Yes, I also found that decision a bit worrying.
    He has huge natural ability but if he has lost interest in putting in the time and dedication to fitness required to achieve consistent top performances, you can bet his dedication will also be lacking in other areas.

I have a sneaky feeling that we might see Lewis retiring from F1 in the not too distant future.

I can just picture his mug on a Hip Hop or Rap CD cover featuring Pdiddy, Pharel, Bieber and the Williams sisters in a group called....

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Answers on a postcard folks..

I see he has been practicing but still has some work to do..

https://youtu.be/7OnrZJnK5Ds

4. Likes: Triumph (7th June 2017)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    I actually just found a real recording of his own music.. my opinion still stands...

https://youtu.be/r2zepN3Fm2g

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I actually just found a real recording of his own music.. my opinion still stands...

I think his music is cool. Not groundbreaking but l would drive in my Merc with that playing.

That aside, l think Hamilton is at his best when he is behind on points and trying to catch up. The next few races are certainly going to be interesting. I would think the mutual friendliness between Vettel and Hamilton would change into a fierce rivalry as they fight each other for supremacy before we reach Abu Dhabi.

I also think Brasil and Abu Dhabi are going to be a must watch races. Assuming Mercedes get their act together as we really do not want Ferrari to run away with a huge lead, such that the season turns into another one horse race.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 2nd June 2017 at 18:23.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

I saw this great article By Sky's Mark Hughes which explained what Mercedes main issues are this year. Check it our here:-

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/324...in-an-f1-title

It kinda looks like Mercedes are not properly in contention this year. It may well be a Ferrari party to the finish line at Abu Dhabi.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 5th June 2017 at 19:31.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post

That sounded pretty good actually. Compare Lewis' effort with that of Jacques Villeneuve!

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    That sounded pretty good actually. Compare Lewis' effort with that of Jacques Villeneuve!
    They are both shite to be honest.

I think Sebastien Vettel is going to win this years drivers title. He doesn't have a strong teammate and has the full team support, that was made clear in Monaco.

Mercedes have the possibility of winning but only by supporting Lewis. Bottas is already too far behind to be considered a real contender and, unless something is done very quickly, Vettel will soon be out of sight. Given Mercedes policy of not having number ones, I am going to pick Vettel to be this years WDC.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I think Vettel is the favourite. A very interesting season to watch so far. Incidentally, I'm glad to see Bottas doing well too.

Regarding Hamilton, I don't know if this has been mentioned before (I expect it has) as I haven't been reading the threads recently, but I think that he hasn't got his head straight this year. The first clear sign of that was before the racing had even started when he announced that he wasn't using a fitness trainer this year (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/39410617), which I thought was a bit odd, and said rather a lot about his frame of mind.

Further to that, when Hamilton said in the Monaco post-race interview that (words to the effect of) he was very happy with his performance, that was another sign that he isn't in the best frame of mind for what he needs to achieve.

Vettel has a very good car and a straight head, so I think that gives him the edge over Hamilton, assuming that the mental and mechanical balance between the two drivers remains similar to its present state.
    I think he has it more right than he had last year. He is working harder with the team but I still don't think it is going to be enough. To me, there is a big difference between Lewis and Vettel, Vettel simply works harder. Talent wise I think Lewis just about edges it, but when it comes to working hardest with the team, then you can't really look past Vettel for that. This is probably why he will end up with more world titles at the end of his career than Hamilton will. Not that Hamilton really cares I'd imagine. He already has the 3 he wanted but I just can't see Hamilton going down as one of the best of all time given his current performances and career path when compared with the likes of Schumacher, Prost etc

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I think he has it more right than he had last year. He is working harder with the team but I still don't think it is going to be enough. To me, there is a big difference between Lewis and Vettel, Vettel simply works harder. Talent wise I think Lewis just about edges it, but when it comes to working hardest with the team, then you can't really look past Vettel for that. This is probably why he will end up with more world titles at the end of his career than Hamilton will. Not that Hamilton really cares I'd imagine. He already has the 3 he wanted but I just can't see Hamilton going down as one of the best of all time given his current performances and career path when compared with the likes of Schumacher, Prost etc
    Itthink you have the difference between Vettel and Hamilton pegged down. But l think it is too early to write off Hamilton. I think he would equal or surpass Prost. The benchmark is Schumacher, Vettel and Hamilton are quietly aiming for that benchmark. Hamilton's unspoken desire is to first match Vettel on championships. 2017 would have been the opportunity to do so if the Mercedes had managed to continue their dominance. In the scheme of things, Vettel seem set to extend that and get even closer to the benchmark.

There is more to come from these two world champions, hence it would be way too early to say one way or the other how things would turn out for either of them. Even Eddie Jordan hasn't ventured to speculate on this.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Lewis seems a lot calmer this year , and able to take the knock-backs easier .
    Is it because he's training himself ?
    Is it because he gets along with his team mate better ?
    Has he added hemp seed to his granola ?
    Has he had the spelling in one of his tattoos corrected ?

Who knows ?
    But , I think he's got a better chance at it this year because his head seems screwed on a bit tighter .

And so , for two reasons , one being that Merc is big and not standing still , and the other being that the reds haven't been at the big table with the grown-ups consistently since the days of Michael , being that they always seem to be able to unsettle themselves with a fit of temper , I think Lewis will win it , and Sebastian will swear about it .