Page 200 of 525 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 5242
    Liked 58 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    Ken is a showman and that’s it. He’s a good driver but lacks WRC skills to compete at top level. I’m sure Ford USA will pay for a few rallies. I was spectating AUS in 2010-11 and remember hearing a roar from the crowd. Thought it was Loeb or something but it was Ken Block. Everyone yelling his name (blockie in Aus) and wearing his hats like he was world champion. Dude is a marketing machine and for that alone they will sponsor the guy. I’m sure he will do a rally or two and come in 10-11th place behind Kopecky and Pontus and then blame it on pace notes as he always has.
    lol we who know WRC might not like him on the race. but i can tell you the non WRC fan know him very well. and think he is like the Best in WRC, i once had a serious argument with someone. when i told him. Ken block sucked in rally. he never understood me.

as illustrated with someone. he is more of a show man. and he racing in WRC will bring more viewers to WRC and making it more popular. which makes more sponsorship opportunities. maybe they should give him an R5 so he race with pontus. which he will still loose

Liked 36 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andyone View Post
    lol we who know WRC might not like him on the race. but i can tell you the non WRC fan know him very well. and think he is like the Best in WRC, i once had a serious argument with someone. when i told him. Ken block sucked in rally. he never understood me.

as illustrated with someone. he is more of a show man. and he racing in WRC will bring more viewers to WRC and making it more popular. which makes more sponsorship opportunities. maybe they should give him an R5 so he race with pontus. which he will still loose
    This! Anything which will boost the profile of WRC is welcome. Even in a new generation WRC car i think Block would struggle to beat the leading wrc2 drivers let alone the wrc. Still hes more than welcone and his cars usually have a good colour scheme

3. Likes: pantealex (29th January 2018),satukata (29th January 2018),seb_sh (29th January 2018)
    Liked 1,462 Times in 835 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L555MAT View Post
    This! Anything which will boost the profile of WRC is welcome. Even in a new generation WRC car i think Block would struggle to beat the leading wrc2 drivers let alone the wrc. Still hes more than welcone and his cars usually have a good colour scheme
    True that, his liveries are nice to look at and if he's slowest of the WRC cars you'll get a longer look at it
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

5. Likes: pantealex (29th January 2018),satukata (29th January 2018),steve.mandzij (29th January 2018)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    More money for M-Sport is also good.

7. Likes: pantealex (29th January 2018),satukata (29th January 2018)
    Liked 36 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    True that, his liveries are nice to look at and if he's slowest of the WRC cars you'll get a longer look at it
    😂😂

9. Likes: pantealex (29th January 2018)
    Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    I would love to see him again in WRC as I always did. He's certainly not a bad driver and provides multimedia (don't know how to explain this but in 2011-12 he was the first one with daily reports and behind the scenes footage and explanations. People are just jealous that their favorites get less attention despite setting faster times than him. But this is modern marketing.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    It's kind of same as Kimi Räikkönen doing WRC. It gives exposure but not competition. Win or lose?

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    It's kind of same as Kimi Räikkönen doing WRC. It gives exposure but not competition. Win or lose?
    Win, much better than Bertelli for example.

13. Likes: AnttiL (29th January 2018),satukata (29th January 2018),the sniper (29th January 2018)
    Liked 20 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Sorry, but I think they are absolutely opposite from the competition point of view. PR fun driver vs F1 circuit professional (doesn't matter Kimi or Kubica).
    And of course it will be good to see all of them in WRC - Kimi, Robert, Valentino, Ken, Petter, please welcome
    Last edited by Aquagen; 29th January 2018 at 09:08.

15. Likes: pantealex (29th January 2018),satukata (29th January 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagen View Post
    Sorry, but I think they are absolutely opposite from the competition point of view. PR fun driver vs F1 circuit professional (doesn't matter Kimi or Kubica).
    And of course it will be good to see all of them in WRC - Kimi, Robert, Valentino, Ken, Petter, please welcome
    Well I see it similar in the way that Kimi and Ken are popular characters and professionals in driving cars fast but not rallying. Kimi's expertise is more in competition but Ken's expertise is closer to rallying than Kimi's.

Is Petter on your list Petter Solberg? If it is, I don't see the logic...