Page 259 of 492 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 4917
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow View Post
    El Classico the other night, tonight it is ManClassico as City travel across Mancunian Way to take on struggling United.

I've got my ticket, lets hope I haven't spent the best part of Ł50 to watch Man Utd get thrashed again!
    How did that work out.

Manchester City were OK, but just appeared to have to much for you to handle. Whats your thoughts on the direction Man U need to go?
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    How did that work out.

Manchester City were OK, but just appeared to have to much for you to handle. Whats your thoughts on the direction Man U need to go?
    Pretty much what I expected. It's not that any Man Utd players underperformed, it's just that they aren't good enough (Fellaini, Cleverley, Valencia....) and Moyes' tactics are questionable. I'm not even certain what formations we played tonight, I'm not even sure the players knew.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    How did that work out.

In truth they need to get rid of players like Fellani Cleverly etc who aren't good enough, and retire some of the old brigade. They then have to bring in 5+ younger players, the problem with this is they don't have the money to do this. The other option is to do what Ferguson did when he took over, and to an extent what Rogers has done at Anfield - invest in youth, take a season or so to bring on the best local talent available and add to this one or two selected expensive signings. This is a long-term fix and depending on how impatient the club and it's fans are may not be an attractive fix.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    One may call me a Man Utd fan, even though I strongly dislike that word... but it's a team I like and I enjoy seeing them do well... and I think new managers should be given time to get the teams running according to their style and ideas but I start to have serious doubts that David Moyes is up to the task. The team's not great but they won the title last year... or it felt more like the others lost it but they we're up there to take advantage of it. It may be that SAF saw that the team has the potential to win something every now and then in the right circumstances but compared to the other superpowers of Europe they are little kids... and decided he was too old to start it over and ended it on a high note. We are not close friends so this is just speculation.. But coming back to Moyes, the team may not be great but IMO they are underachieving greatly. They went from Premier League champions to be outsiders for an Europa League spot.... and since the team's pretty much the same (if not, one might say, better with the signing of Mata) we could put the decline on Moyes' (and his staff) shoulders.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    One may call me a Man Utd fan, even though I strongly dislike that word... but it's a team I like and I enjoy seeing them do well... and I think new managers should be given time to get the teams running according to their style and ideas but I start to have serious doubts that David Moyes is up to the task. The team's not great but they won the title last year... or it felt more like the others lost it but they we're up there to take advantage of it. It may be that SAF saw that the team has the potential to win something every now and then in the right circumstances but compared to the other superpowers of Europe they are little kids... and decided he was too old to start it over and ended it on a high note. We are not close friends so this is just speculation.. But coming back to Moyes, the team may not be great but IMO they are underachieving greatly. They went from Premier League champions to be outsiders for an Europa League spot.... and since the team's pretty much the same (if not, one might say, better with the signing of Mata) we could put the decline on Moyes' (and his staff) shoulders.
    The thing is that they have got worse as the season has progressed. There has been too much change at coaching level with all of Fergusons staff replaced when Moyes came in. Look at how Barcelona have replaced their managers in recent years but have managed to keep the coaching staff the same?

I'd like to see the likes of Scholes and Gary Neville in the coaching set-up.

It's pretty desperate when your side is 0-1 down before you've even made it to your seat, which is what happened to me last night
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    teehee Real went and lost against Sevilla... their second match in a row
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote View Post
    I know. I was in bed by the time I heard that result on the radio. I actually leaped up and pump the air when I heard that.

Makes the potential title decider in the last game. Atletico v Barca very exciting
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow View Post
    The thing is that they have got worse as the season has progressed. There has been too much change at coaching level with all of Fergusons staff replaced when Moyes came in. Look at how Barcelona have replaced their managers in recent years but have managed to keep the coaching staff the same?

I'd like to see the likes of Scholes and Gary Neville in the coaching set-up.

It's pretty desperate when your side is 0-1 down before you've even made it to your seat, which is what happened to me last night
    That's pretty much what happened to me too... just that the seat was in front of a tv. As I switched channels the first thing I saw was that ball hitting the post and bouncing in Dzeko's leg. I thought i got the starting time wrong but then I saw they haven't played a full minute yet. I went to sleep at half-time. As far as I can tell Man Utd did pretty much the same.

I'm disappointed at how SAF handled his retirement. Maybe with a little notice they could have approached Guardiola for instance... or some other guy who's main achievement is more than not being sacked for x years.

Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    Sevilla!

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote View Post
    now they know how it feels ....

from top of league to P3 within a week
    poor Valdes though.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion: