Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
Have you already forgotten that M-Sport won the manufacturer title in 2017? And three drivers won rallies with their car that year? And Ogier took two world titles with that car? Next year we'll have new cars and the situation will likely be very equal again, so we could well have three equal teams fighting for the win in every rally. If they had left after 2020, perhaps they wouldn't be coming back now.

I'm totally fine with M-Sport having some gentleman drivers funding the team's survival. And once again, these gentleman drivers don't steal anyone's drives. Right now it seems M-Sport cannot invest in a young driver like they did with Evans and Tänak earlier. And even with them, it wasn't complete investment like Toyota does with Katsuta, I believe both had personal financial backing and for example Elfyn worked in the family business for quite long into his WRC career. These things are never simple or black and white, and we never get to hear the exact details.

And that article where they talk about "development" of the Australian driver like there was actually some results to be achieved...it's just PR talk and some sites allow you to buy that kind of articles where you can "advertise" a driver or team. It's also just business and it makes it possible for us to have awesome rally news for free.

WRC2 is obviously a different story. It seems M-Sport has abandoned the Fiesta Rally2 for now and I don't know how much they are selling them. Maybe now with Brexit, British drivers are more likely to use M-Sport and vice versa?

They most definately have'nt abandoned the R2. They have been working on 5 jokers for the car which they hope to be ready for the start of next yr. They are desperate to get this car back on the pace for the huge income it brings.