Page 10 of 99 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    Jarkko Nikara misses Rally Finland but joins Vetomies which is run alongside the main event. He'll start with his Evo9.

Ah, too bad...it would have been better with a nice car...something without so many delicate parts to break...one differential instead of 3... you know..
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    The green battle wagon?
    Now I need advice, knowing nothing about Finnish roads as a NRF virgin!
    On Friday is it possible to do more than 4 stages comfortably?
    On Saturday we want to maximise our Ouninpoha experience but which stage is best / easiest to get to after the WRC cars have had their second Pass
    Advice or good spots to head for gratefully received!!

Still a place in our car and cabin going for a reasonable price if someone is excited by what looks like a fantastic entry list!
    Friday is a long day and depending on how you want to spectate, four stages should be possible (though, for example between Horkka and Äänekoski it is a bit of driving). Fifth could be the city stage. If you only want to do WRC crews, you could do more. As for what after Ouninpohja 2, I'd say only Saalahti is possible. Depending on where you are located in Ouninpohja, of course. Popular places like Yellow House are behind small forest roads and takes more time to exit than some other parts of Ouninpohja. But two runs of Ouninpohja with Vetomies in the middle + SS Saalahti should be possible.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

3. Likes: Mintexmemory (29th June 2016),satnav (6th July 2016)
    Liked 191 Times in 91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinke1979 View Post
    My "info" told me that Hyundai will be driving with 2017 car... But we will see what happens Usually teams dont (or atleast nowadays) start their PET session with smaller rally.. In late -90´s and early 2000 it was usual here in Finland that some teams drove a small rally after their test session to Jyväskylä.
    Entry is class 3 which is current WRC cars.
    Sääli on sairautta! ;)

Liked 61 Times in 35 Posts
    Vetomies entry list.
    Including an original Opel Corsa S2000.
    https://akk.autourheilu.fi/Public/Ki...n.aspx?id=4514

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Worked on my Friday Itinerary (no stranger to long days, Sardinia last year had a 21 hour day!)
    Mokkipera
    Surkee
    Aanekoski
    Jukojarvi
    Harju
    If you follow the route on rally-maps.com we intend to reach Mokkipera via the road that joins the stage at 6.83km from the start (direction Nyrola). Does anyone know of good spectator point near there?
    Same question for Surkee - approaching stage via road that joins at 5.2km from start.
    Now the planning is underway I'm getting really excited (second childhood approaching maybe?!)
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 68 Times in 23 Posts
    79 is the official number of entries to Rally Finland.

http://www.nesterallyfinland.fi/en/c...eived-entries/

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Worked on my Friday Itinerary (no stranger to long days, Sardinia last year had a 21 hour day!)
    Mokkipera
    Surkee
    Aanekoski
    Jukojarvi
    Harju
    If you follow the route on rally-maps.com we intend to reach Mokkipera via the road that joins the stage at 6.83km from the start (direction Nyrola). Does anyone know of good spectator point near there?
    Same question for Surkee - approaching stage via road that joins at 5.2km from start.
    Now the planning is underway I'm getting really excited (second childhood approaching maybe?!)
    I don't have much local knowledge but I would say if you find yourself in a good place on Jukojarvi I would not sacrifice that to dash over to Harju. Likely by the time you get there the place will be packed out. There are thousands of people in that stage and no one is really seeing all that much. I got there fairly close to first car two years ago and ran around the whole place trying to find a decent view. It's much better on TV.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giù tutto! View Post
    79 is the official number of entries to Rally Finland.

http://www.nesterallyfinland.fi/en/c...eived-entries/
    Doesn't look like there were any last minute surprises. Certainly not that have been published. Pedder and Folb were late additions yesterday afternoon (I was keeping a fairly close eye on it).

I'm not sure this can be claimed as the official list just yet - even though it most likely is?
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Doesn't look like there were any last minute surprises. Certainly not that have been published. Pedder and Folb were late additions yesterday afternoon (I was keeping a fairly close eye on it).

I'm not sure this can be claimed as the official list just yet - even though it most likely is?
    It's official in terms that it's been updated by the organisers. First draft of the entry list will be published on Friday and I think the last minute surprises will be there if they come.

Sorry to say that one part of WRC history will be cut this year. After participating 1000 Lakes/Rally Finland for 30 consecutive years (once as a co-driver), Fabrizio de Sanctis will not start the event this year. However, I believe his record will hold for a long, long time.
    Last edited by Hartusvuori; 29th June 2016 at 14:59.

11. Likes: Simmi (29th June 2016)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    I don't have much local knowledge but I would say if you find yourself in a good place on Jukojarvi I would not sacrifice that to dash over to Harju. Likely by the time you get there the place will be packed out. There are thousands of people in that stage and no one is really seeing all that much. I got there fairly close to first car two years ago and ran around the whole place trying to find a decent view. It's much better on TV.
    And if you have seen SS Harju already on Thursday, there's no rush for it on Friday. Unless you want to maximize number of visited stages.