Hybrid View

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    I had to Bing it (trying to avoid Google these days) to figure out what an SS was. Looks like it has good horsepower. Plain Jane styling though. But $45K for a Chevrolet RWD sedan is waaay too much, IMO. And I have to have AWD. Plus, that's getting close to a Merc CLA45 AMG ($45K vs $48K).
    I had a look at the CLA 45AMG on both the US and Australian websites.

List prices:
    US: $47450
    AU: $95909 (usd 89847)
    Looks like the "Australia Tax" is in play again.

I love how CLA45AMG is a completely fanciful nomenclature. It's a 2.0L Turbo in-line 4 (355bhp); meanwhile the SS is a 6.2L V8 (415bhp).
    It's a pity that GM never offered the Ute in the US. They could have used the El Camino name or some such. That too also dies along with Holden in 2016.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    It's a pity that GM never offered the Ute in the US. They could have used the El Camino name or some such. That too also dies along with Holden in 2016.
    For whatever reason, that bodystyle has not sold well here (in more modern times). To be honest, if they offered one with AWD (does the Ute come with AWD?), I'd be more likely to look at a GM product. Several years ago I searched for a used Subaru Baja... 2008 or 2009, I was thinking. I didn't realize they'd stopped making them around 2006. Somewhat similar vehicles that flopped here: the Chevy SSR and the Hummer H3-T. Maybe a more pure version would do better, but no one seems to want to take a chance with it now... too much of a niche.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith