Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    So you wouldn't say team orders are useless and unnecessary?
    are you just here to argue?
    SMH

one of the reasons I've dialed back from interaction on this forum.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Our boy Lance just scored 2 points , the first 2 points in F1 scored by a Canadian not called Villeneuve .

The bagwan's crystal ball is back in business , baby .
    Well, I have to give Lance credit for keeping it together today (although without the retirements, he still would have finished in 13th or 14th place in what is at least the fifth best car on the grid). Some good, clean racing too.

If points had always been awarded down to P10, as they are now, several other Canadians would have scored points in the past - Peter Ryan, George Eaton, Peter Broeker.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I think Perez should have moved over. There again I have always thought team orders are part of the sport. No issue with teams swapping orders if everyone agrees. Also no issue if a driver chooses to ignore said orders.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Hats down to Sergio, never move over!

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Interesting race.

Hamilton made up a lot of points today. Not so often that the leader is so unchallenged that they barely bother to show him on the TV feed.

Lots of good scrapping at multiple different points up and down the order. Good showing from Stroll, although admittedly setting the bar pretty low given the class of car he has to work with.

Sainz' crash was just careless. That's the second Williams he's taken out of a race so far this season.

Biggest donkey of the race, though, has to go to Yusuke Hasegawa. Fernando must have been spitting blood when he got out of the car. Nice gesture to go and walk out into the crowd like that though.

6. Likes: truefan72 (12th June 2017)
    Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    By the way, one random thought: there was a radio message from Fernando at one point that was something like "the engine power is embarrassing in this mode". Did he turn it up after that?

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    Alonso 2 laps from scoring points and his Honda blows up. It's like he's cursed.
    Maybe he'll have better luck in IndyCar next year. At least the Hondas have power are pretty reliable there.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 1,075 Times in 601 Posts
    I'm on the fence about Perez. If a teammate is faster he should prove it by overtaking his teammate. I also understand the business side of putting whoever is having a better race/season/whatever in front of their teammate.

From all that I have heard it seem FI tried to persuade Perez to move over and he said no. The End.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    are you just here to argue?
    SMH

one of the reasons I've dialed back from interaction on this forum.
    It's your own argument, not mine.

Given that you've vehemently argued against the very concept of team orders in the past - including saying that they're useless and unnecessary, as well as the other line I quoted - I'm extremely surprised to see you criticising Perez for failing to follow them.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    This was not a bad race. This race certainly could have been more interesting if Vettel's car didn't need repairs after the first turn accident. On the other hand, it was still enjoyable to see the train of Ricciardo, Perez, Ocon, and both Ferrari cars fighting for the last podium spot. For me, Ricciardo is the driver of the day because he did not crumble under this immense pressure, he got on the podium, and then shared a shoe full of champagne with Patrick Stewart. It doesn't get better than that for Red Bull for now.

12. Likes: airshifter (15th June 2017),andyone (12th June 2017),Mia 01 (12th June 2017)