Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast
    Liked 16,097 Times in 6,986 Posts

2. Likes: A FONDO (9th October 2016)
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    He's done well in the last few months yes, but many of the other driver's have had bad spells at the same time, making him look even better.

My current Top 5 fastest
    Ogier
    Meeke
    Mikkelsen
    Tanak
    Neuville (JML poor at the moment)
    A bit late, but I do wonder what Mikkelsen is doing on that list... In my eyes he is fast simply because he is in a VW. Ogier would still be fast in the Fiesta, Mikkelsen wouldn't.

Ogier 1.
    Meeke is for sure no 2, mainly because he still has some inconsistency... in terms of raw speed he is faster than Ogier.
    Then I'd put Neuville as 3rd since he is a fast all rounder.
    Paddon as 4 because of his sheer determination... and he has shown some improved speed on asphalt.
    5th probably breen as of now. (Although I'm not too sure about that one)

Liked 1,885 Times in 738 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Good luck with that man. More power to you if you can pull that off.
    I'm not going, just had a quick glance at it. At least 8 no problem then
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    A bit late, but I do wonder what Mikkelsen is doing on that list... In my eyes he is fast simply because he is in a VW. Ogier would still be fast in the Fiesta, Mikkelsen wouldn't.

Ogier 1.
    Meeke is for sure no 2, mainly because he still has some inconsistency... in terms of raw speed he is faster than Ogier.
    Then I'd put Neuville as 3rd since he is a fast all rounder.
    Paddon as 4 because of his sheer determination... and he has shown some improved speed on asphalt.
    5th probably breen as of now. (Although I'm not too sure about that one)
    Mikkelsen has almost quietly become one of the most impressive drivers in the WRC. He's showing up Latvala on all surfaces this year. He's constantly competitive and, unlike JML, he still has room to improve.

For what it's worth my list would be:
    Ogier
    Meeke (Certainly has an 'X-Factor' that can worry Ogier. Can he do it over a full season mano a mano?)
    Mikkelsen/Neuville (too close to call - what a difference a few months makes for Thierry!)
    Latvala (going backwards)
    Paddon (still too inconsistent, and behind on tarmac compared to top guys)
    Tanak (inconsistent flashes of real speed, but only on select events. Let's get him back on Michelins and see)
    Sordo
    Ostberg (regressed massively this season. Fire has gone out at M-Sport like it did for Mikko)

Breen (trending upwards - but not seen enough of him to accurately place yet. He's certainly not top-five though let's be honest!)
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Mikkelsen has almost quietly become one of the most impressive drivers in the WRC. He's showing up Latvala on all surfaces this year. He's constantly competitive and, unlike JML, he still has room to improve.
    i doubt mikkelsen has room to improve. people sometimes seem to forget that he has done in total more rally's than ogier or meeke.
    it's his 4th season with vw for christ sake, he really isn't going to improve much. certainly not enough to become a real challenger for ogier.

7. Likes: A FONDO (9th October 2016)
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    You can't compare to Latvala this year. He has had his worst season ever and a lot of it is down to bad luck (even if some of it is down to his own form).

Also like denkimi I wonder about his room for improvement

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    I am not shure a driver like ostberg really has become slower, i think its more like he is on the same level as before, but the others has evolved. The same for latvala.

Sent fra min XP7700 via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    Bouffier on trouble
    or starting out the order?
    Unfortunatelly, he broke the rim on penultimate stage. He finished the stage and made provisional repair, but suspension was damaged. After stage there were no regular service, but that stupid tyre fitting zone. Mechanic was trying to repair it there, but no chance. Suspension finally broke on liaison to the last stage...

Thierry Neuville credited new engineer Gerard Zyzik for persuading him to adopt major set-up changes that cemented second place at last weekend’s Che Guevara Energy Drink Tour de Corse.

Advertising

The Belgian was in the thick of a battle with Andreas Mikkelsen midway through Saturday’s second leg. Less than six seconds split the pair and although Neuville held sway, he was unhappy with the handling of his Hyundai i20 on the wider sections of the mountain speed tests.

After making changes during the mid-leg service in Bastia, Neuville increased his advantage to 21.5sec in the afternoon and that was enough to secure the runners-up spot at Sunday’s finish.

Zyzik has been responsible for much of the development work on Hyundai’s new 2017 challenger, but has stepped into engineer Neuville following the departure of Clement Mitchell.

“This weekend my engineer was very sound. He helped me to make some new bigger changes which he convinced me to do. He pushed hard to do the changes and finally all the changes we did were positive, so that was important,” Neuville told wrc.com.

“We changed the differential and we made many set-up changes on the dampers. It was good to get my confidence as well after the huge changes he was sure about. He convinced me, so when I was sure the changes were correct it was good for the confidence between us and good for the teamwork,” he added.

Zyzik is expected to remain alongside Neuville for the final three rounds of the season in Spain, Great Britain and Australia.

It is also looking increasingly likely that Neuville will stay at Hyundai in 2017. He has been linked with possible moves to Citroën and Toyota but said his future should be confirmed before the WRC’s next round in Spain next week.

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/octob...medium=twitter

13. Likes: A FONDO (9th October 2016)