Page 314 of 439 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324364414 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 4386
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariusz View Post
    They cannot just replace Tour de Corse with Rally China which I presume would be another gravel rally. And with 1,5 tarmac rallies out of 13 I wouldn't even dare to call the series World Rally Championship but more like World Gravel Rally Championship.
    China will be concrete, like parts of Panzerplatte in Germany is.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Japan is a crazy state, Tokyo is a metropolis and they have not house numbers. It's impossible to make a prevision when it comes to Japan.
    Just kidding.
    Agree, Yesterday I was diving around Nara and mountains, today around Kyoto and day before yesterday I was on in Nagoya. Tomorrow between Kyoto and Tokyo. There are no people left otside cities. There are some nice tarmac roads indeed but young people do not go out form the big cities and spectate rallies. However I saw many Chiineses people wlaking around our research plots and see that they are very active.. at least here in Japan. Promoter must do it in a correct way and I say that it will be perfect place for WRC to be. Chinese youngstres look to be on the spot where the car you drive is really important and it is like the cituation in Europe when WRC had its high time. So, do it in a right way and it will be great event in China! Japan, no, they have to work with Japanese around 10 years before they are ready enough to proudly organize WRC event
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    If WRC returns to Japan, they should goes to Hakone region (Initial D settings) or back to Safari instead.

Liked 140 Times in 86 Posts
    This makes for interesting viewing https://youtu.be/hFvx9xKunJs BBC's coverage of the China Rally in 1999

Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack4688` View Post
    This makes for interesting viewing https://youtu.be/hFvx9xKunJs BBC's coverage of the China Rally in 1999
    lol, Sainz just says flat out right at the start of the video: "This is a nice country to visit, but this is not the place for a rally." Wow. I'm not used to such brutal honesty from drivers anymore.

6. Likes: gravelman (30th July 2015),nafpaktos (29th July 2015)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Meeke replies Matton's words...

Nobody will take Argentina away from me, no matter what," he told presenter Becs Williams. "It was a high - albeit on a rally where VW had their worst week since they started. I remained realistic afterwards, and the following event in Portugal showed that. I believe in Portugal we nearly had a stronger rally than Argentina and we ended up fourth behind the three VWs. That showed the reality of where we were."

"Sardinia was a big, big disappointment, and I think Yves' disappointment was evident," he said. "In Poland I had a good event, although the fact that we didn't do a pre-event test really handicapped us. We made a wrong tyre call, but without that we'd have been fighting with Hayden [Paddon], for what turned out to be fourth place. From my end, we had one blip in Sardinia, and that's that."

Back in the position of needing some decent results to secure his seat next year, Meeke denied he was feeling the pressure.

"To be honest, I've driven most of my career never having a secure future and it seems like that's the case again at the moment. So really it's no different - it's pretty much the norm. I'm always under pressure to get to the next rally and to do well, to get results to get another season. I've been through a lot harder times than this. At least I have a seat and a steering wheel to do a good job this year to prove that we can continue next year."

Well said Kris.

8. Likes: TWRC (28th July 2015)
    Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts
    some Photos from today at visit Peugeot Museum Sochaux in France
    http://planetemarcus.com/visite-du-m...psa-a-sochaux/

10. Likes: Andre Oliveira (28th July 2015),rallye-vid (28th July 2015)
    Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Maybe some day will be there a Peugeot 208 WRC

12. Likes: Eli (28th July 2015)
    Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Do Meeke and Matton talk only via press? Interesting... Some kind of PR?
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Maybe some day will be there a Peugeot 208 WRC
    maybe, who knows..