Page 85 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Teams

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    6 events for Suninen sounds good to me. Not too few, not too many. Hopefully with R5 in between.

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    And probably Ogi don't want to risk his reputation by going into Citroen. Maybe if they do good on Australia, but I doubt that. I think that if he got 5 mio on the table, Citroen maybe place a little higher or the same.. Like they say how badly they want him it's no point giving him less than that.. Or otherwise they are cheap as hell.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    6 events for Suninen sounds good to me. Not too few, not too many. Hopefully with R5 in between.
    Sweden, Portugal, Sardegna/Turkey, Finland, Catalunya and Wales would probably be a good season. But will there be budget left for R5 runs, and for sure he couldn't do enough for a proper WRC2 campaign.

Liked 52 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    And probably Ogi don't want to risk his reputation by going into Citroen. Maybe if they do good on Australia, but I doubt that. I think that if he got 5 mio on the table, Citroen maybe place a little higher or the same.. Like they say how badly they want him it's no point giving him less than that.. Or otherwise they are cheap as hell.
    I don't believe Citroen have the budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (1st November 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhm View Post

If that's it then what the hell are they doing in sport? You can't win race for free, and importantly championship

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    If they went to four car teams to 2018, would it be too late to announce it now?
    Yeah I think that idea has been binned off, for next year at least.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhm View Post
    Well in at least two articles after Germany Matton said how focused they were only on getting Ogier and that it was the reason why they let Mikkelsen go.

If they now don't get Ogier either it will be one more item on the list of his fails this year. Let's list the main ones:

1. Didn't get any of the 3 VW drivers (and said he was not interested in Latvala or Mikkelsen at all), now out of those 3:
    - Ogier won the championship
    - Latvala was 4th, while Citroen main driver will be 6th or 7th
    - Mikkelsen was taken into the team 6 months later and first after he came changes on the car were made, he also gave the team one of the 3 podiums

Meanwhile out of his 3 drivers, one driver got 8 crashes in 11 rallies, another got 4 crashes in 7 rallies and has only shown decent speed in a single rally

2. Came with a twitchy car on gravel after a year of preparation

3. Arrived in Monte and Sweden "without a good setup" (his own words)

4. His coaching of Meeke after Corsica "Kris should focus on getting single rally wins and not on championship", resulted in 4 DNFs with multiple destroyed cars and his main driver benched.

I really do wonder how he convinces his bosses that he is the right man for the job.
    Last edited by mknight; 1st November 2017 at 16:59.

9. Likes: AL14 (2nd November 2017),Allez Andruet (1st November 2017),Fast Eddie WRC (2nd November 2017),Mintexmemory (1st November 2017),pantealex (2nd November 2017),peter_85 (1st November 2017)
    4 car team, manus complain about costs, so no go from them. involve satellite teams again to have more teams in championship...

about citroen. you don't say anything about breen. He is the only one who manage to hold this team up. and don't forget teoretically they still have chance of being 3rd on manufacturer championship.

Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Well in at least two articles after Germany Matton said how focused they were only on getting Ogier and that it was the reason why they let Mikkelsen go.

If they now don't get Ogier either it will be one more item on the list of his fails this year. Let's list the main ones:

1. Didn't get any of the 3 VW drivers (and said he was not interested in Latvala or Mikkelsen at all), now out of those 3:
    - Ogier won the championship
    - Latvala was 4th, while Citroen main driver will be 6th or 7th
    - Mikkelsen was taken into the team 6 months later and first after he came changes on the car were made, he also gave the team one of the 3 podiums

Meanwhile out of his 3 drivers, one driver got 8 crashes in 11 rallies, another got 4 crashes in 7 rallies and has only shown decent speed in a single rally

2. Came with a twitchy car on gravel after a year of preparation

3. Arrived in Monte and Sweden "without a good setup" (his own words)

4. His coaching of Meeke after Corsica "Kris should focus on getting single rally wins and not on championship", resulted in 4 DNFs with multiple destroyed cars and his main driver benched.

I really do wonder how he convinces his bosses that he is the right man for the job.
    5. Citroen tested for Wales Rally GB in France, on dry dusty gravel. Matton: 'It's very expensive to test in Welsh forests...'

He's a a joke.
    #M-SPORTER

12. Likes: AndyRAC (1st November 2017),pantealex (2nd November 2017),peter_85 (1st November 2017),WRC1 (1st November 2017)
    Liked 52 Times in 29 Posts

2018 Teams

Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post

about citroen. you don't say anything about breen. He is the only one who manage to hold this team up.
    Breen currently doesn't have the ultimate pace to finish on the podium. Consistency is fantastic but he needs a little more time to develop into a consistent podium finisher.