Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Delighted for Max! He deserves this after having such an unlucky season.

34 points in it keeps the championship alive. Good damage limitation by Vettel but what a wholly bizarre incident with Stroll. It appears now as though Mercedes have the 3rd best race car. Suzuka is going to be key to the championship. If Hamilton can win there, game over for the championship.
    indeed. I think Mercedes have a slight tendency to overdevelop the cars when not necessary. They were in a good zone after Italy but felt the need to go...in yet an other direction... which was masked by the singapore race and exposed fully in Malaysia. so much so that Hamilton decided to revert back to the older setup and spec of the car and honestly, outdrive the given machinery. something that bottas, much to my dissapointment, was not able to do. I was really disappointing with him today in every sense. Couldn't overtake verstappen on the opening lap, could not give ricciardo or vettel any kind of fight and ended up miles behind them. No matter what, at the end of the day he is still driving a mercedes and in this race showed why he was only given a 1-year extension.
    anyway, Hamilton did what he could and extended his lead.
    congrats to Max, and a big thanks to Ricciardo for holding off Vettel.

Massa, Magnussen and Bottas are my donkeys of the race
    Last edited by truefan72; 1st October 2017 at 10:56.
    you can't argue with results.

what is Johny Herbert Talking about?
    In fact the opposite point is more of the truth that yes, indeed, Rosberg got lucky with his championship against Hamilton rather than showing "how strong" he was.
    Funny enough, the championship for Hamilton in 2016 was lost right here in Malaysia, where he completely outclassed his teammate and an annoying car failure while in the lead by 25 seconds caused him to retire. 2016 is what it was, but let's not get it twisted about the quality of rosberg vs Hamilton. and 2017 is further cementing the case of his quality.
    SMH

no further action for the post race incident.
    Probably the right outcome.
    on to Suzuka.
    My favorite track

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    what is Johny Herbert Talking about?
    In fact the opposite point is more of the truth that yes, indeed, Rosberg got lucky with his championship against Hamilton rather than showing "how strong" he was.
    Funny enough, the championship for Hamilton in 2016 was lost right here in Malaysia, where he completely outclassed his teammate and an annoying car failure while in the lead by 25 seconds caused him to retire. 2016 is what it was, but let's not get it twisted about the quality of rosberg vs Hamilton. and 2017 is further cementing the case of his quality.
    SMH
    I think those are reasonable points but Hamilton made some errors last year, especially with his starts. Malaysia cost him the championship but had he drove better at other times throughout the year he could have still been WDC regardless.

This is the first year in F1 that I can really say Lewis Hamilton is driving as one of the greats. He has raised his game and that is obvious from day 1. And his qualifying has just been incredible. I think it's not unreasonable to now consider labelling him as the best qualifier ever.

5. Likes: Duncan (2nd October 2017),Jag_Warrior (2nd October 2017)
    Liked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    I am a Hammy Fan (although I'm not a fan of his fashion sense).
    FIDO - Forget It, Drive On

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    A lot of drivers complaining about each other in incidents today. They all looked like racing incidents to me, apart from that last one that wasn't even during the race!
    That's the only complaint I have about the race, was drivers crying over Incidental contact.Though I know that's not something to ever go away.

Other than that I enjoyed the really close scraps continuing throughout much of the race.

8. Likes: truefan72 (1st October 2017)
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Very good race, mostly because nobody expected Red Bulls to beat Mercedes so seemingly easily (behind the scenes, the drinks crew probably did a whole lot of incredible work). I watched the race until the lap 30 and then fell asleep (not because the race was boring, it's just being on the opposite side of the globe and having a few drinks). It looks like I did see all of the best parts of race. This race probably boosted Verstappen's confidence and proved everyone again that he is a real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    Up to Baku, I was able to appreciate Vettel's good days
    There is no denying that Ferrari and Vettel have collectively screwed up too many times this season since Baku. I can see how Hamilton and Mercedes have the upper hand, and probably well deserved. I just feel dismayed that for a third race in a row we're seeing the possibility of a drivers championship fight to the final race actually fading away. It's just too early in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I consider all of this as karma coming back to bite him. If you'd be happy with a driver that used his car as a weapon against his main rival winning the championship then that says more about you than I could ever write in any post.

Anyway, the season isn't over. It may turn around and, you'd never know, you may get to see Vettel win it yet!
    As in my post above, I don't specially root for Vettel. I just want to see the fight going on and on. What delight is in seeing Vettel-Ferrari screw up three or four races in a row (even though they did screw up).

I can see how things have unraveled for Vettel since he used his car to attack (physically) Hamilton in Baku. He probably regrets it now.

Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    ... I just feel dismayed that for a third race in a row we're seeing the possibility of a drivers championship fight to the final race actually fading away. It's just too early in the season.
    I don't mind that so much - because it's happened before, and will happen again of course.

What I don't want to see is blatant BS like what happened in Austria 2002. When %$@#ing Ferrari took away a well earned victory from Rubens Barriccello and handed it off to Schumacher, when he had the wc about sewn up anyways.
    FIDO - Forget It, Drive On