Threaded View

Liked 792 Times in 654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Nitro , nice to see you back .
    I've missed your input .

I think the new formula worked , as it allowed many more close battles .

I think many of the teams will be working hardest on the budgetary issues more than anything , as it seemed to me that that was what hobbled the competition near the end of the year .
    Wadding up the car hurts financially enough to lose a guy a drive , as Mick can testify .

It's a different world .

But , at the same time , it's just the same as it's always been , with some getting it wrong at first , and learning along the way , in full view of the public .
    "You've got tame the porpoise before you can teach it to go fast ." is an old saying that was coined just this year .

It'll be closer next year , and every year until they change it again .

I still hope for a few changes , though .
    Dump the tire warmers .
    Dump the DRS .
    Never remove any back markers under the safety car .
    Hi Baggie, thanks. I have been travelling a lot for work of late. Hence my absence. The close battles you talk about are mostly in the midfield where the performance of the cars is a lot closer than in previous years due to the 2022 regulations. Not so much at the sharp end of the grid where Redbull dominated with considerable ease. And yes, the budget cap may mean lesser places for rookies, as teams with smaller budgets would be more interested in the capable hands of experienced drivers who are unlikely to damage to car often. As Mick Schuimacher gives way for Hulkenburg, l would not be surprised if this becomes the trend going forward.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 20th December 2022 at 20:07.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare