Page 180 of 182 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182 LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1813
    Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach 2 View Post
    After day one (SS8) Meeke is 2,1 behind Tanak and 3,9 in front of Ogier.
    The handeling and speed of the Ford's are fine and Citroen are hopeless?
    Or could it be like I said that the Ford boys did the best they could?
    Meeke's road position was much better than those of the Ford drivers.Neuville (who had similar road position to the Brit) was 50 seconds ahead of him.And on Day 2 (when road conditions were similar for Ogier/Meeke/Tanak) the M Sport guys were clearly faster than Kris.So, with road conditions similar ,1 Hyundai and 2 Fords were straight up faster than Meeke's C3.And thats a fact.

2. Likes: pantealex (15th February 2017)
    Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    It's a bit strange that Breen was thrilled with the C3 at first in Sweden.. then one small off and he said he had completely lost all his confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    could it be that that car has massive unexpected oversteer, but only every so often.
    That was my thinking - the Citroen was obviously doing something very unexpected for either driver, and the cause wasn't clear enough for them to be confident anywhere once it happened. If they learn that it happens with a certain combination of factors they can drive around it, back off in those situations and still push other times. But if they don't know why its happening and can't predict it they can't trust the car.

It didn't look to me to be a power delivery/torque split issue as the car was often snapping very sideways under braking when not on the power. Maybe something in the on/off throttle diff mapping I guess, but there are so many different sensors and input factors for that mapping its really just guesswork for us non-experts.

4. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (15th February 2017),janvanvurpa (15th February 2017),steve.mandzij (15th February 2017)
    Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J_n_z View Post
    I think it is important to see the difference between technically fast car (engineers car) and confidence inspiring car (drivers car). Good car (specially good rally car) must be a compromise or both together if it is possible.
    Yes, we saw that with Paddon - he wasn't feeling comfortable with a setup that he thought would normally be good, so they changed to a technically slower setup that was easier to drive, more predictable and confidence inspiring and after that we saw top 3 and top 5 stage times from him.

I remember a quote once from Colin McRae that he thought the difference in speed among the top 5 or so drivers on any given day was almost completely due to their confidence level.

6. Likes: Grundo Farb (15th February 2017),janvanvurpa (15th February 2017)
    Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    Sweden warned snow and snow banks are not optional:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...r-lack-of-snow

Liked 1,883 Times in 736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Sweden warned snow and snow banks are not optional:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...r-lack-of-snow
    Big snowbanks doesn't necessarily make it so much safer since it makes it easier to get hooked up on the inside making the car end up where you normally don't think it will. And in extreme cases it makes it hard to get out of the road, even sound gets killed by big snow banks. We've never had this little snow for 50 years in Norway so I'm sure it turns around again.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    I´d say this year without so much snowbanks let the drivers go much faster and use more of the roadside than otherwise.

About Meeke I´d just say like Mäkinen did to JML last day: just drive, don´t think. Says a lot of what´s happening in some guys minds.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

10. Likes: janvanvurpa (16th February 2017),pantealex (16th February 2017),stefanvv (15th February 2017)
    Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Big snowbanks doesn't necessarily make it so much safer since it makes it easier to get hooked up on the inside making the car end up where you normally don't think it will. And in extreme cases it makes it hard to get out of the road, even sound gets killed by big snow banks. We've never had this little snow for 50 years in Norway so I'm sure it turns around again.
    Sorry, I don't agree. As spectator, former competitor and member of a rally organization, it is much safer for all involved. It doesn't necessarily reduce the risk of making mistakes, BUT if you do go off, you are much less likely to hit something (tree!) or someone!

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctesibios View Post
    Sorry, I don't agree. As spectator, former competitor and member of a rally organization, it is much safer for all involved. It doesn't necessarily reduce the risk of making mistakes, BUT if you do go off, you are much less likely to hit something (tree!) or someone!
    Of course. Having said that, you only have snowbanks in one and a half rally over the whole season. At most.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
    Hi, its my first post in MotorsportForums. I attended Rally Sweden last weekend and had a brilliant time. I've made two videos which are now on YouTube.

The first video covers Jari Matti Latvalas weekend:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_keJkqYOtQ

The second video covers the Furumo Jumps on SS7 on Friday:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Z2NCBaO-U

14. Likes: b3637853 (19th February 2017),Lundefaret (17th February 2017),Micke_VOC (22nd February 2017),steve.mandzij (17th February 2017)
    Liked 266 Times in 170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ernestcooke91 View Post
    Hi, its my first post in MotorsportForums. I attended Rally Sweden last weekend and had a brilliant time. I've made two videos which are now on YouTube.

The first video covers Jari Matti Latvalas weekend:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_keJkqYOtQ

The second video covers the Furumo Jumps on SS7 on Friday:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Z2NCBaO-U
    Nice videos! Welcome to forum!