Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Nico Rosberg World Champion!

Well done Nico, he did just enough for much of the season to put himself in a winning position at the end. At least the pressure is off now and if his performance doesn't improve into next season he can be content with this achievement.

Nice to see both guys getting on again and expressing their respect for each other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by henners88; 27th November 2016 at 17:22.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Oh cmon show a bit of class.. or at least prove Merc sabotaged Lewis if you are going to throw out this accusation.
    The evidence is there staring you straight in the face. If you brush aside incident after incident and put it down to just racing then that is your choice but, to me, there comes a point where you have to see why is really happening.

No driver gets all the reliability issues like Lewis did and his team mate get virtually none. Mercedes management body language towards Lewis in press conferences. From switching mechanics, to coming out with statements like our worst nightmare would be if reliability decided the title, even though, actually, that's what reliability did, RELIABILITY decided the title. It's in front of your eyes, all you have to do is open them and see it. Mercedes wanted their German champ and they got it the only way they could because they knew Nico was not good enough to beat Lewis over the course of a season. Nico won the title the only way Nico could have won the title with Lewis as team mate, with a lot of biased of help from his team.

And to be perfectly frank, it's people like yourself that believe the PR BS they spin which allow them to continue to get away with what they have done this year. Hopefully some day Lewis Hamilton will come out with what real happened this year and because it sure won't be the same as what has been spun to you by Totto. And Thursdays press conference with Nico and him showed that when they were asked about the mechanic switch.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 27th November 2016 at 19:23.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    No driver gets all the reliability issues like Lewis did and his team mate get virtually none.
    I ran the math for you a couple of weeks ago and proved you wrong. It's OK to be annoyed that your driver didn't really win the championship, but at least I'd appreciate it if you would stop throwing your toys out of the pram and making baseless accusations. It's not fair nor respectful to those of us who believe that Rosberg is a fine champion who's earned a deserved WDC by having done a better job than his teammate.
    Last edited by N4D13; 27th November 2016 at 19:31.

4. Likes: gm99 (27th November 2016)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    I ran the math for you a couple of weeks ago and proved you wrong. It's OK to be annoyed that your driver didn't really win the championship, but at least I'd appreciate it if you would stop throwing your toys out of the pram and making baseless accusations. It's not fair nor respectful to some of us who believe that Rosberg is a fine champion who's earned a deserved WDC by having done a better job than his teammate.
    Eh, you didn't prove me wrong in anything. I have a vague recollection of you proving you were gullible and believed any PR that was spun your way but other than that I don't believe you proved anything.

And I'd also appreciate it if you could open your eyes to the obvious and that is that Mercedes favored Rosberg. I know you like to believe that there is nothing but good will in life but sometimes there is more to the story and this is certainly one of those times.

As for me, I think Rosberg deserves a championship, but I also find it insulting to the and that Mercedes are getting away with what they have done this year. My issue isn't with Rosberg here, it is with Mercedes for how they have treated the general public like idiots and got away with it.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Eh, you didn't prove me wrong in anything.
    http://www.motorsportforums.com/show...=1#post1108798 and the one two posts below.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Congrats to the WDC Nico, you deserved it!

8. Likes: steveaki13 (27th November 2016)
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post

Nice to see both guys getting on again and expressing their respect for each other
    Getting on? Did you see the footage from the anteroom before the podium? They weren't even looking at each other, with Hamilton starring at the timing monitor as if he was learning the last lap times of every driver by heart down to the last decimal. DC basically forced them to acknowledge each other during the podium interviews.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I can't believe the toy throwing going on. Drivers have reliability issues and sometimes it's decided championships. Since every round was included in the championship in 1989? Reliability causes problems. Deal with it.

I probably just wanted Hamilton to win pre season but Rosberg has been brilliant in consistence and deserves his titles.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

11. Likes: gm99 (27th November 2016),Mia 01 (27th November 2016),N4D13 (27th November 2016)
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    I ran the math for you a couple of weeks ago and proved you wrong. It's OK to be annoyed that your driver didn't really win the championship, but at least I'd appreciate it if you would stop throwing your toys out of the pram and making baseless accusations. It's not fair nor respectful to those of us who believe that Rosberg is a fine champion who's earned a deserved WDC by having done a better job than his teammate.
    I really don't understand how you can honestly say Nico has done a 'better' job than Hamilton this season? He's won less races and been completely outclassed for most of the season. He benefitted hugely by mechanical failures on Hamilton's car and held onto second spot consistently to maintain the advantage. That's not really doing a better job but being the best of the rest while riding a wave of luck. Well done to him for winning a world championship, but he's ended the season on track where he's been for most of it, in second place.
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    Getting on? Did you see the footage from the anteroom before the podium? They weren't even looking at each other, with Hamilton starring at the timing monitor as if he was learning the last lap times of every driver by heart down to the last decimal. DC basically forced them to acknowledge each other during the podium interviews.
    I was talking more about the interview pre race where they were reminiscing about their childhood years and admitting they get on well despite difficult moments.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    There have been many occasions where people felt the best driver lost the championship, people have come up with various reasons why and whether it is to make themselves feel better or to justify their favourite drivers efforts, is part of the game. However, you can only drive based on the points system in place and that is what Nico has done, he didn't have to go all out to win the final races and if you want to win a championship you have to see the bigger picture. Hamilton has been faster and I imagine those botched starts will appear more important now but Nico did what was required and kept his cool and walks away a deserving champion.

14. Likes: N4D13 (27th November 2016)