Page 132 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1358
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Interesting background there. Looks like the opening street stage was paid for by the government and may have been a stipulation for them to step in and help with the event funding. Matton implies the rally depended on it running. I guess the question is are they confident the event will be more financially stable next year?
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 9,340 Times in 4,960 Posts
    Re Mexico City stage:
    "If this stage didn't happen then the rally was cancelled - we have to think about that," said Citroen team principal Yves Matton.

Pity no-one knew this was the case beforehand. The criticism was made when we had no idea.

4. Likes: seb_sh (15th March 2017),sonnybobiche (15th March 2017)
    Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    WRC is a small and quiet world; apparently there’s no need for a full and independent coverage. WRC broadcasts looking Brits expatriate parties and Evans tabloid style news seems to be the best we can have…

Thank God (or whoever) there’s this Forum.
    I use this forum as best source of info. Split times are the only thing that points my browser to wrc.com.
    Speaking of which, I will consider WRC+ only when splits and GPS Tracking are working OK and non-stop.

6. Likes: sonnybobiche (15th March 2017)
    Liked 9,340 Times in 4,960 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    I'm not so worried about wrc.com being tool for content marketing. It's logical and I don't expect to find news there.

What I'm annoyed about is the level of rose-tinted reporting from the accrediated media whose paychecks should come elsewhere than teams and the series directly. They seem to seriously lack teeth in their writing, because - and this is my assumption - if they'd write on time and critically, they'd probably stopped been invited to places, etc. So normally, when shit hits the fan (sometimes literally!) they just keep quiet. And once the storm of negative response from fans in social media stops, they pick up the topic the next Monday and point out the fans are wrong, we were there, it looked right.

This lack of backbone and lack of desire to bring up hot topics in real time really sucks. OK, Mexico traffic jam happened at night for them, but much of their audience were up in Europe anxiously waiting for news. Even if they'd sat in the stuck truck themselves realizing damn we're not going to make it, they refrain from any posting to wait for official announcement. In cases like bad accidents it's absolutely better to show courtesy and wait for official news, but not everything must be retweeted from the official notice board.
    Very well put, especially the 'rose-tinted reporting' and lack of criticism from reporters in case it stops them being invited.

Its like my local radio journos who never ask our football club manager any difficult questions, apparently for the same reason...
    #M-SPORTER

8. Likes: Hartusvuori (15th March 2017)
    Liked 56 Times in 34 Posts
    I am returning from vacations, in a while I will give my comments regarding this event from the perspective of a Mexican spectator

For the moment, what I can tell you is: Jesus Christ Kris
    Jesus Christ, Kris!!! (Not again)

10. Likes: AL14 (15th March 2017),Allyc85 (15th March 2017),er88 (15th March 2017),Fast Eddie WRC (15th March 2017),HaCo (15th March 2017),pantealex (16th March 2017),Rally Power (15th March 2017)
    Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Interesting background there. Looks like the opening street stage was paid for by the government and may have been a stipulation for them to step in and help with the event funding. Matton implies the rally depended on it running. I guess the question is are they confident the event will be more financially stable next year?
    Well, if you think that their currency lost within a few months approximately 40% of its value. they get money from mexican sponsors and often have to pay many costs in USD or EUR, then it makes relatively big hole in budget. Imagine you have to find 1/3 of your rally budget in couple of weeks time. They did well!, really well!
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

12. Likes: rayh_mx (15th March 2017),stefanvv (15th March 2017)
    Liked 56 Times in 34 Posts
    First of all. SSSS (Super Street Special Stage) I do not know if super, by the way. This has several readings. One of them is innovation, something like the 50-mile special last year. This was handled by the Organization from the beginning, later various sources came up, mainly from local newspapers in Guanajuato complaining about having removed the start of the rally in the tunnels of that city

Because VW gave up the wonderful world of rallies, and that this was the main sponsor of Mexico for the date they had to look for financial alternatives in a short time. Organizers look for sponsorship from the capital of the country, the CDMX who in its tourist attraction scheme was able to finance this with fresh money even though it was 400 kilometers from the base of the Rally.

In my opinion, with so little time and without wanting to justify RallyMex, organizers of the event. This was done on the knees. Either because the CDMX did not leave them or because they did not have time to prepare it as it was due.

As a rally fan, it is very frustrating to be on the mountain (El Chocolate) and not see them pass in the morning.

RallyMex still has a contract until next year. They must work very hard to get sponsors and surely they are already doing so. If they come back to the CDMX, I hope they prepare it well, mainly, with more promotion and dissemination of the event. Many people here from my office told me that they went even when the event had already started and that they could see it without problems.

To be continued...
    Jesus Christ, Kris!!! (Not again)

14. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (16th March 2017)
    Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    What a great rally to attend and what a way to finish the rally with Meeke!

Will post my experience and photos from the weekend.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

16. Likes: rayh_mx (16th March 2017)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    When are we likely to hear about the verdict on Ogier's gearbox? Or will that be kept hush and swept under the carpet?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

18. Likes: sonnybobiche (16th March 2017)