Page 168 of 277 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2763
    Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
    So he was at fault at the joker merge, just like I said earlier. But taking shortcuts that's no problem?

Liked 105 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    So he was at fault at the joker merge, just like I said earlier. But taking shortcuts that's no problem?
    It looks like there was some penalty for that. Here is list of all penalties issued:

Niclas Gronholm #68, loss of 10 Championship points for use of a seventh turbocharger in the season.

Mattias Ekstrom #1, five-second penalty in Q2 for causing an incident with car #44, pushing and overtaking.

Janis Baumanis #6, reprimand in Q2 for pushing.

Ken Block #43, disqualified from semi-final two after car was found to be underweight.

Mattias Ekstrom #1, relegated from second to third place in semi-final one for not respecting the priority of the driver on the standard lap at the Joker merge.

Timo Schedier #44, reprimand in semi final two for pushing.

There must be more to the story with Block. Highly unusual for the scrutineers and stewards to not take the bodywork weight into account.
    I could not find the relevant section of the regulations for WRX so have borrowed from F1: "The relevant car may be excluded should its weight be less than that specified in Article 4.1 of the Technical Regulations when weighed under a) or b) above, save where the deficiency in weight results from the accidental loss of a component of the car." So, the scrutineer at their discretion can allow the weight of the missing component to be factored in, at least in F1. Again, there has to be more to this story.
    Last edited by OHL; 13th November 2017 at 13:00.

So no penalties for taking shortcuts... The south Africa round is a joke.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    So if you feel someone holds you up you're free to take shortcuts on the track?
    No, I said that I could understand why the stewards may have been lenient in the circumstances.

Also the place (advantage) that he gained by cutting the corner was ceded. It gave the stewards the excuse that they needed to put him in the final and continue the show, if they penalised him then it gives 2nd place to Petter. And if you haven't worked out that WRX is all about the show then you must have your eyes closed.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OHL View Post
    There must be more to the story with Block. Highly unusual for the scrutineers and stewards to not take the bodywork weight into account.
    Yeah, I'm sure that we've seen cars lose bumpers and not be DQ'd. I wonder if the car was genuinely underweight (i.e would have been even with all bodywork) or someone was just looking for an excuse to penalise him.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 105 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    No, I said that I could understand why the stewards may have been lenient in the circumstances.

Also the place (advantage) that he gained by cutting the corner was ceded. It gave the stewards the excuse that they needed to put him in the final and continue the show, if they penalised him then it gives 2nd place to Petter. And if you haven't worked out that WRX is all about the show then you must have your eyes closed.
    I haven't watched the race yet and seen if the position gained was ceded back. if so, then it would be normal that there would be no penalty. Is this confirmed, does anyone know if he did back off and was overtaken giving the position back? Did you see that Mr. Jan?

Well, the track limits are there for a reason. If Ekstrom was given a penalty for cheating by taking shortcuts on track he would have been either behind Bakkerud = No final for Ekstrom or at least behind Petter which would place Petter on row two in the final and Ekstrom in row three. If he had braked lie the rest and driven within track limits he would have been third for sure, and possibly passed by Bakkerud in the final corner. He was in a bad place when he decided to just ignore the last corner.

The judges failure to strike down on this cheating could have decided the battle between 2/3 and 5/6 (Bakkerud) in the championship. It should have been decided on track, within the track limits.

Quote Originally Posted by OHL View Post
    I haven't watched the race yet and seen if the position gained was ceded back. if so, then it would be normal that there would be no penalty. Is this confirmed, does anyone know if he did back off and was overtaken giving the position back? Did you see that Mr. Jan?
    It was the final corner before the end of the semi, so nothing was given back.

Liked 9,342 Times in 4,961 Posts
    These arguments after virtually every round are making the WRX a bit of a farce.

10. Likes: pantealex (13th November 2017)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    I just don´t believe that in Monster series judges would favor RedBull driver.

Problem in this forum is that nearly everyone has their favorite driver and those people almost never see anything wrong with that driver and are always claiming others. To me Johan and Mattias were both better this year than Petter.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"