Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I'll be less lenient to Ferrari than the Tifosi who were cheering Vettel on his bottom podium step. This was a stunning loss for Ferrari, not only because Vettel arrived +20 seconds behind the second place Mercedes car, not only because Ferraris did so poorly in qualifying, but also because it all happened in Monza. Come on!

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Crushing loss for Ferrari. Love seeing Ferrari getting trounced on their home turf in front of all the Tifosi. Tis superb!

Top drives from Hamilton and Danny. For once Danny earned his position and didn't fluke into it!

Donkey of the race - once again it has to be Raikkonen. Passed by Bottas and his teammate. It's mortifying how bad he is. Surely if Ferrari lose the constructors championships they will be looking to replace him asap.

Great drives from Ocon and Stroll.

Found it funny Alonso complaining about Palmers move give how outrageous his move was on Palmer in Spa. Karma got Palmer but then it got Alonso back. Alonso is miserable at McLaren but tis all his own fault, he alone made his career decisions.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 3rd September 2017 at 16:03.

3. Likes: driveace (5th September 2017)
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Donkey of the race - once again it has to be Raikkonen. Passed by Bottas and his teammate. It's mortifying how bad he is. Surely if Ferrari lose the constructors championships they will be looking to replace him asap.
    You have a real downer on poor Kimi! I think you're being unfair again here. He was passed by Bottas in a car that was probably a second a lap faster, and by Vettel under team orders.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    You have a real downer on poor Kimi! I think you're being unfair again here. He was passed by Bottas in a car that was probably a second a lap faster, and by Vettel under team orders.

I think this is aimed at Mia more than Kimi..
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

6. Likes: Mia 01 (4th September 2017)
    Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Crushing loss for Ferrari. Love seeing Ferrari getting trounced on their home turf in front of all the Tifosi. Tis superb!

Top drives from Hamilton and Danny. For once Danny earned his position and didn't fluke into it!

Great drives from Ocon and Stroll.

Found it funny Alonso complaining about Palmers move give how outrageous his move was on Palmer in Spa. Karma got Palmer but then it got Alonso back. Alonso is miserable at McLaren but tis all his own fault, he alone made his career decisions.

I don't think Ricco "flukes" into his positions at all. Quite a few people tend to ignore the fact that a lot of Verstappen's "bad luck" is a result of him making contact with other drivers. He is still very reckless and it is taking much longer than I expected for him to mature.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Don't mind TBK. No-one is 100% objective but some have never even tried. He's one of them. In his world everything is black and white. It's all about Hamilton. The rest are all morons, douche-bags and whatever they need to be to make his idol look better. He will trash his team mates, rival teams, rival drivers, even Mercedes, the FIA, members of this forum, the rest of the world. It's nothing but rabid bias. I have no idea what would make someone attach like this to some distant figure like an F1 driver but then I have no training in psychology.

9. Likes: gm99 (4th September 2017),journeyman racer (5th September 2017),Mia 01 (4th September 2017)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    I'm willing to bet that Vettel wouldn't have been passed by Bottas as easily and if Kimi wasn't so slow he wouldn't have had team orders issued, he could have at least pulled Vettel along with him. He couldn't even pass Stroll and Ocon for half the race. How embarrassing for him. Poor Kimi, he is really being shown up now.

Liked 786 Times in 583 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    go ocon baby
    Made me laugh with that one , Tazzy !

I watched an interview before the race with Lance , and he said Lewis wasn't afraid of what he'd do at the first corner at all .
    I thought it a little odd at first , but , though carefully worded , I took it as a slightly veiled comment about Ocon being a guy they'd both have to watch .

Again , at the end of the race , he mentioned the two FI guys when asked about the touch with Felipe baby , so I think we can say Ocon has a solid rep for being a bit wild , so I'm not surprised Stroll gave in so easily at the start .
    Braking into that much later would have been risking a really big and exceedingly ugly moment with all three , including Lewis , potentially involved . Ocon was never going to back out of it .

He might have been a hero for the tifosi at that moment , but he chose the correct career move in braking early .

Yeah , I was pretty wrong about the reds there .
    They were nowhere .

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post

I watched an interview before the race with Lance , and he said Lewis wasn't afraid of what he'd do at the first corner at all .
    I thought it a little odd at first , but , though carefully worded , I took it as a slightly veiled comment about Ocon being a guy they'd both have to watch .

Again , at the end of the race , he mentioned the two FI guys when asked about the touch with Felipe baby , so I think we can say Ocon has a solid rep for being a bit wild , so I'm not surprised Stroll gave in so easily at the start .
    Braking into that much later would have been risking a really big and exceedingly ugly moment with all three , including Lewis , potentially involved . Ocon was never going to back out of it .

He might have been a hero for the tifosi at that moment , but he chose the correct career move in braking early .

Yeah , I was pretty wrong about the reds there .
    They were nowhere .
    I was just pulling for Ocon because he is on my fgp ream!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post

Indeed, Stroll certainly enhanced his career prospects. I still don't think he's a supreme talent like Verstappen, but the combination of performance with the sensible, mature approach that he showed in Monza would be an asset to any mid-field team, especially considering the financial backing he brings as well.