Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts

Kyvat out, Gasly in

So Toro Rosso has just announced that Gasly will be replacing Kyvat for the remainder of the season. I for one wasn't expecting this at all, but I guess it makes sense for them. Most likely STR will be racing Kyvat and Gasly as their main drivers in 2018, so it makes sense for them to give the Frenchman some experience... although you have to wonder how this can hurt Toro Rosso's WCC prospects.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Toro Rosso is only RBR's guinea pig so I don't think they worry too much about constructors. Kvyat has had some bad luck and hasn't performed so makes sense that he wold be replaced. I think Kvyat's future is looking bleak. It's a shame really because I don't think he should ever have been replace by Max to begin with. Unfortunately, it was a confidence blow that he hasn't been able to recover from.

I think Toro Rosso care quite a bit about their WCC position now since, unless I've got my numbers wrong, the 5th placed team gets $35M in prize money; the 6th, $31.5M and the 7th, $24.5M. So there is quite a bit of money at stake here and there's not that large a gap between 5th and 7th in the WCC standings now.

I think Toro Rosso care quite a bit about their WCC position now since it essentially means getting several more (or less) million dollars in prize money over the next three years. From what I've heard, Red Bull is starting to get tired of funding their F1 team and they aren't going to be happy to let that much money escape... although, of course, now they've got Honda money, so I guess that would ease the pain.

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Apparently it's just for two races for now; Kvyat will be back in for the US GP at COTA. This will allow Gasly to continue to contest the Super Formula championship.

Completely coincidentally (I'm sure) the US GP happens to also correspond to the time at which some of the points on Kvyat's super license expire and remove any jeopardy of suspension that he might be in otherwise.

6. Likes: Jinu13 (28th September 2017)
    Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
    Ever since Kvyat got dumped by Red Bull he's seemed like a broken man. He doesn't look like he has many options in F1 but I think he needs to leave the Red Bull/Toro Rosso family in order to rebuild his confidence and career
    Time is the enemy.

8. Likes: sonnybobiche (5th October 2017),zako85 (5th October 2017)
    Liked 1,067 Times in 598 Posts
    About time. Kvyat blows.

This is my hot, experienced take.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

10. Likes: Tazio (5th October 2017)
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emporer_k View Post
    Ever since Kvyat got dumped by Red Bull he's seemed like a broken man. He doesn't look like he has many options in F1 but I think he needs to leave the Red Bull/Toro Rosso family in order to rebuild his confidence and career
    Being fired from Red Bull was probably deserved, but then Kvyat spent more than a full year at STR, and he still didn't get his act together. As far as Russian F1 drivers go, I am still a bigger fan of Petrov. He was far more consistent.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Kvyat is now out of the Red Bull organization for good.

https://thejudge13.com/2017/10/25/kv...opped-from-f1/

I wonder what Kvyat will do next, but I wish him luck and recovery from obviously a very stressful and traumatizing experience of being an F1 driver in an ultra-competitive organization.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    Kvyat is now out of the Red Bull organization for good.

https://thejudge13.com/2017/10/25/kv...opped-from-f1/

I wonder what Kvyat will do next, but I wish him luck and recovery from obviously a very stressful and traumatizing experience of being an F1 driver in an ultra-competitive organization.
    I still don't understand RBR's decision to replace him with Max. It may have turned out well for them but Kvyat had just had a podium, was leading Ricciardo in the points and had beaten Ricciardo the year before. The move to replace him with Max clearly devastated Kvyat's confidence and he has never recovered. I feel sorry for him and hopefully he'll get a stab at it with another team.

14. Likes: sonnybobiche (27th October 2017)