Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    I don't know how much it will be enjoyable without the noise of fuel engines.
    Spot-on..

Especially watching live, the thrill of a rally car passing is at least 50% the NOISE.

2. Likes: AL14 (12th November 2017),Eli (11th November 2017),pantealex (9th November 2017)
    Liked 978 Times in 340 Posts
    Check this video of Manfred Stohl his electric rallycross car. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIeD56BnI-o

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Especially watching live, the thrill of a rally car passing is at least 50% the NOISE.
    I'd say it a bit different. 50% of the thrill is hearing them coming from far away
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    I'd say it a bit different. 50% of the thrill is hearing them coming from far away
    That's not really a thrill... more the anticipation of how cool it will be when it arrives.

And talking of anticipation, what about the safety implications of a 200 kph car arriving unannounced...

Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    Manufacturers will be looking into "family" and "shared" electric cars. That means bigger cars. SUVs maybe?
    And when these shared electric cars start to be autonomous, they will become mini "living rooms" with tyres. They will probably not even have the current "car format" cuz the electric engines will be inside the wheels (or should I say TWEELS?) .. so cars will probably not even have its "nose" (where the engine goes today)
    CARS (in the future) will look NOTHING like they look nowadays. And I'm kinda affraid about Motorsport. Cuz why to invest 10mi in Rally or whatever if You could.. IDK...give PEWDIEPIE 500k to wear your logo or, heck, invest 3mi in an "eSport" competition with your logos all over the arenas and screens? Being watched by 10 million people... who will pick YOUR BRAND over the others when they need an electric-shared car for a ride to the bar

BUT I hope WRC open the rules one day to allow Hybrid cars, Electric cars, Hydrogen, Petrol Cars. Whatever... as long the cars are based on the road models and under a certain budget.
    Last edited by giu canbera; 10th November 2017 at 03:04.

I dont see a future for WRC with the 'cars' as descibed above.

I think rallying as we know it will only continue as Historic events.

8. Likes: [RMC]Pip (12th November 2017)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    I think that future is in SUV-s, look how lineup of each manufacturer is filled with many models that kind, when some years ago only american companies such ford, chevy,.. have this.

As it is for electric powered I don't like at the moment (because of Formula-E and for rallycross STARD's Pugy) sounds like shit to me. They need to work on sound, I know it's almost impossible but I think that it is a little chance.. Then I wouldn't care if they have petrol, diesel or electric power as long as sound will be quite okay I'm fine.

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    I think that future is in SUV-s, look how lineup of each manufacturer is filled with many models that kind, when some years ago only american companies such ford, chevy,.. have this.
    Where have you been the last 15-20 years...?
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

11. Likes: AL14 (12th November 2017),pantealex (11th November 2017)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Where have you been the last 15-20 years...?
    Yeah, both CR-V and Rav4 are well over 20y old models. RangeRover over 40y...
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Hybrid seems the only way ahead in using mainly electric power.

But combined with a tiny petrol motor tuned to give maximum noise. The local kids with their deafening scrambler bikes have such an engine already !
    #M-SPORTER