Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Re: Whatever happened to?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Type
    You can't have a half cousin. Either you have a common ancestor and are a true cousin, be it a first cousin, second cousin or even fifth cousin twice removed, or you don't have common blood so you are not related. If, as appears to have happened here, your uncle re-married the two lots of children would be half-brothers and sisters to each other, but they would all be your full cousins as you all have the same grandparents. Your [true] uncle's wife is your aunt, but if she remarries her children by the second marriage are not your cousins as you don't share a bloodline.

When it comes to understanding cousins and things you need to ask an old-fashioned Scot - they know the various relationships because of the old Scottish tradition that killing a blood relative is considered extremely bad manners.
    Clearly, you have never spent time in West Virginia. On matters of cousins (and sheep), them folks are the ones who know the ins & outs (no pun intended - well, yeah, I guess it was intended) of cousins.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Clearly, you have never spent time in West Virginia. On matters of cousins (and sheep), them folks are the ones who know the ins & outs (no pun intended - well, yeah, I guess it was intended) of cousins.
    You can't pull the wool over their eyes.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 39 Times in 33 Posts

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    My ears are burning...and apprently no one misses me... I think one of the reasons they are in decline is the populairity of Facebook and most of us access the net now on the phone. Facebook has apps for all the smart phones, as does Twitter. This format for the forum doesn't translate as well to a smart phone.
    Good to see a familiar name/face again. Was wondering what happened with ya, along with Jag_Warrior and some others it appeared that took a leave absence. Then again I've been off the boards for a while as well, for one reason or another.

Hope ArrowsFA1 is well. That goes for Eki too... maybe. j/k.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    I think I watch more racing than ever. f1, Indycar, Sportscar...
    Not me. Not too keen with how the sport has changed with tech over the years, along with the long overdue stateside enthusiasm for F1 (or anything other than SMASHCAR for that matter). So.... it's football for me nowadays, especially since Pete Carroll took over in Seattle. Looks like he's about to get the job done with that young QB & "Legion Of Doom" combo. Keeping my fingers crossed anyways.
    FIDO - Forget It, Drive On

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

I was looking through some old threads from when I joined and I saw a name that I remembered.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned him, UlimateDanGTR or something along those lines.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

I was looking through some old threads from when I joined and I saw a name that I remembered.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned him, UlimateDanGTR or something along those lines.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

I remember Dan and yes I had wondered what happened to him too. Haven't seen him for at least a year on here.

I spoke to ArrowsFA1 back in November and he still reads the forum but doesn't join in as he got sick of the insults directed towards him. Shame as he is a very knowledgeable fan and provided some of the more intelligent replies on here. Hopefully if he is reading regularly, he'll show up again at some point.

It is a shame. I was reading through the posts in some of my early days and so many names are different.

I asked this before I think, but what happened to Knock On?

Triple 5 has disappeared again, but Anfield 5 told me he was away so he may well be back soon.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Knockie, never posts during F1 winter pause, he will back in time for 1st race
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Knock on was last seen in July when he and myself were accused of ganging up on a now banned member because we shared the same views. He hasn't posted since and I took an extended break before returning. It's never felt quite the same here but it's a shame knockie decided to call it a day completely. Still life is too short to get wound up with people you don't know on the internet I suppose. Easier to just take yourself out of the fray if it ceases being enjoyable.